Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OU VS MIZZOU GAME THREAD

Started by jcmojica23, December 06, 2008, 07:16:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GabeMartini

Quote from: ua_hogs on December 06, 2008, 08:50:37 pm
i hope wingo and richardson are watching this game. 

Exactly! Thanks, Mizzou!

Burt B.

Mizzou is more pathetic than we were against them in the Cotton Bowl.

31to6

Pinkel needs to fire the entire defensive coaching staff.

Oliver

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 06, 2008, 08:50:15 pm
Glad the Big XII plays some defense. I guarantee the Sooners won't be scoring this many on Florida.

I'm not sure they will either but this offense is literally as close to unstoppable as you can get.

Burt B.

They jump on bandwagons. If they had called the SEC championship, they would have been in the Tebow fan club.

HogNuttz

and tell them they have to give up the prime time spot on Championship weekend to the SEC.  Maybe they can have it back when they have a team in the northern division that is worth a crap.  I had to work today and miss the Florida/Bama game and instead watch this piece o' crap game.  I also have to work tomorrow and would probably be in bed if I wasn't waiting on my wife to return with dinner.  This game isn't even laughable.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

songofthesword

what are you going to say at half?

"you guys freaking suck! I'm going to watch the fight"

SL04

Are you kidding? These guys have been Texas lovers all year.

Oliver

"Let's quit and prepare for our bowl game."

passinghog

Quote from: Oliver Miller on December 06, 2008, 08:53:24 pm
I'm not sure they will either but this offense is literally as close to unstoppable as you can get.

agree 100%. Wanna load the box and try to stop the run?---okay they go 4 wide and pick you apart...not to mention you won't get close to Bradford because they have the best OLine in college football in 20 years. Wanna sit back and play zone?---ok, they run it down your throat till you submit.

This is what Petrino is trying to build Arkansas into.
Pray he stays long enough to even resemble an offense that can do both equally as well.

Oliver

Quote from: passinghog on December 06, 2008, 08:56:38 pm
agree 100%. Wanna load the box and try to stop the run?---okay they go 4 wide and pick you apart...not to mention you won't get close to Bradford because they have the best OLine in college football in 20 years. Wanna sit back and play zone?---ok, they run it down your throat till you submit.

This is what Petrino is trying to build Arkansas into.
Pray he stays long enough to even resemble an offense that can do both equally as well.

It's all about the offensive line.  I've seen Bradford sacked 2 times this whole year and I've watched most of every OU game.

31to6

Quote from: Oliver Miller on December 06, 2008, 08:53:24 pm
Florida has the talent to mix it up more and doesn't play a pussified "bend but don't break" defense. I expect OU to move the ball all game--but Florida will come up with a couple game changers on defense. They will get more pressure on Bradford and they will have a better chance of getting a pick or two.

Oliver

Quote from: wdremington on December 06, 2008, 08:59:04 pm
Florida has the talent to mix it up more and doesn't play a pussified "bend but don't break" defense. I expect OU to move the ball all game--but Florida will come up with a couple game changers on defense. They will get more pressure on Bradford and they will have a better chance of getting a pick or two.

Oh, no doubt Florida will keep it closer than this sorry excuse of a Missouri team.  But I still think OU will put 40 points up on Florida when it's all said and done.

hogsndawgs

OU's defense has looked pretty good. I'm starting to think that they may actually hang with Florida for a little while.

31to6

Quote from: Oliver Miller on December 06, 2008, 09:00:19 pm
Oh, no doubt Florida will keep it closer than this sorry excuse of a Missouri team.  But I still think OU will put 40 points up on Florida when it's all said and done.
Sure. It will be a high scoring game. But FU will get more stops and might get a big play or two to flip the field.

And Tebow holds the ball with both hands when he runs, lol.

ronmahony

I've got a question, what happened to the running game Missouri showed against us last year? I don't think they've tried to run the ball once/ Don't think it'd make a big difrence but this is ridiculous.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

songofthesword

OU doesn't suck. anyone who thinks so is stupid.

but at the  same time... this is the same team that let kansas (mizzou) hang 40 on them. they aren't playing against necessairly defensive stallworths. they can't get pressure when they freaking blitz. no one in the big 12 besides OU and Texas plays anythin that resembles Defense.

passinghog

Quote from: Oliver Miller on December 06, 2008, 08:58:08 pm
It's all about the offensive line.  I've seen Bradford sacked 2 times this whole year and I've watched most of every OU game.

That's the same reason why Bama made it as far as they did. But OU has the best offensive line I've ever seen in college football.
Despite their lack of defensive competition, they put the USC '05 offense to shame.
Can Florida shut down OU's run game? Could they get enough pressure on Bradford?

oldbear

I have no idea what Florida/Okie will be like. My homerism wants to say that Florida's speed will be a better matchup with this offense, but objectively, this Okie team looks pretty doggone good.

31to6

Quote from: ronmahony on December 06, 2008, 09:03:57 pm
I've got a question, what happened to the running game Missouri showed against us last year? I don't think they've tried to run the ball once/ Don't think it'd make a big difrence but this is ridiculous.
MU rushed the ball well on their scoring drive. However, OU's DL has turned the battle in the trenches and is getting penetration which causes those delayed handoffs MU likes to be stuffed or TFL.

songofthesword

texas got pressure on them all game, and texas, while they have defensive players that will be NFL players, is not the best Defensive line of all time.

they played a TCU team that has a less talented but vcery sound Defense and was held to 35.

nwa_razorback_coffee

Casey Dick just won a Dr. Pepper scholarship

passinghog

Florida never shut down Bama's run game. 'Bama got in trouble because they went away from they're run game after taking the lead. Once Florida took the lead, Bama couldn't pass for sh@t.

If Florida manages to contain OU's run game, think OU won't hesitate to go 5 wide and pick them apart?

rtr

If it's a shootout OU has the advantage.  If Fla. falls behind early it could be a long night for the gators.  OU has as much speed as Fla. and certainly more than Bama.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

ronmahony

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

SL04

Quote from: passinghog on December 06, 2008, 09:14:00 pm
Florida never shut down Bama's run game. 'Bama got in trouble because they went away from they're run game after taking the lead. Once Florida took the lead, Bama couldn't pass for sh@t.

If Florida manages to contain OU's run game, think OU won't hesitate to go 5 wide and pick them apart?
That's a big if.

Brown: 188 carries for 1081 yards and 20 TDs
Murray: 179 carries for 1002 yards and 14 TDs
Madu: 104 carries for 395 yards and 4 TDs

Oh yeah, and the QB has over 4,000 yards and 45 touchdowns.

A big part of it will no doubt be how heathy Murray is.

The Hog

Stoops giving Jackson a piece of his mind.
Automatic RUN!

ronmahony

SL04

Herbie just said some good things about Petrino and the Hogs.

GabeMartini

Quote from: SL04 on December 06, 2008, 10:28:42 pm

I was about to post the same thing.

BigNasty

Quote from: SL04 on December 06, 2008, 10:28:42 pm

Musberger said 'Petrino will win a lot of games at Arkansas' after Kirk said 'Houston Nutt at Ole Miss, what a story.'

WilsonHog

December 06, 2008, 10:31:08 pm #81 Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 10:32:45 pm by WilsonHog
OU is gonna do all they can to get 60+ and be the first team in history to do it five games in a row.

Stoops is chewing on his team's ass about not getting off the field after the interception.

ChicoHog

He said "if you're buying stock alabama and arkansas and certainly Nutt and Ole miss" or something like that. 

Maverick Razorback

Quote from: BigNasty on December 06, 2008, 10:29:56 pm
Musberger said 'Petrino will win a lot of games at Arkansas' after Kirk said 'Houston Nutt at Ole Miss, what a JOKE.'
IF YOU AINT FIRST...YOUR LAST!!

One of Arkansas last lowriders.

nwa_razorback_coffee

Again, with that pass rush, I throw it to John Madden streaking to the end zone.

ronmahony

WilsonHog

Hogs4Ever

Big freakin' whoop.  What matters is winning and getting to the big game.