Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John Saunders just said..

Started by razorhead94, December 06, 2008, 07:10:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cityhog

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on December 06, 2008, 07:25:09 pm
It would be the greatest title game in history.  The greatest rivalry in college football on the biggest stage in college football.  It would be amazing.

please tell me u r joking.

JoePaul03

December 07, 2008, 03:56:31 am #51 Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 03:58:26 am by JoePaul03
Someone should tell that Canuck to worry about fixing the NHL and keep his opinions on college football in the good ole U.S. of A to himself.

I kid, I kid.

One thing nobody has mentioned...It may not matter much, but it really would have helped UF if Hawaii had been able to hang on against Cincy earlier tonight. They were ranked #13 and the Big LEast champs, and Florida having a win over a team that beat them would have given them a bit of a boost in the computers. Not sure how much of one, but it would have helped.

I can't believe anyone thinks the Gators shouldn't jump up, possibly even to #1 overall. They just beat the last "real" undefeated team by double digits and they're champs of what has over recent history been the most competitive and deepest conference---The conference which has produced three of the last five national champions. A conference which has won nine of the last ten BCS bowls its teams have qualified for. (And the only loss the SEC had in that ten game span was by three points by UGA to West Virginia in the '06 Sugar Bowl.) They have the reigning Heisman Trophy winner who may just double the size of his collection in the near future.

There is no logical way I can see that ANY team can claim to have a more rightful spot in the BCS Bowl than the Gators do.
WCOB, 2003

hogs25

Watching the Sports Reporters now Saunders said that'll be OU/UF.  One dude also said that these two teams have never played each other.  Saunders is one of the few people that I've ever heard that just said that he likes the current BCS system. 

razorvision

#2Florida just beat #1 and undefeated Alabama in the SEC Championship game and they don't deserve to play for the National Title Game.  Good luck trying to keep Florida out of the Championship game.
Visit www.rsgcommunications.ws and save big on digital services for your home or office.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: hogs25 on December 07, 2008, 08:46:43 am
Watching the Sports Reporters now Saunders said that'll be OU/UF.  One dude also said that these two teams have never played each other.  Saunders is one of the few people that I've ever heard that just said that he likes the current BCS system. 
If I'm not mistaken, Saunders in on the BCS committee.

jgphillips3

Texas didn't play for their title due to the rules put in place by their own conference.  They aren't conference champions, they have to be out.  If Texas has a beef, they need to take it up with the BIG 12.  Florida-Oklahoma is THE most compelling NC game followed closely by Florida-USC or USC-Oklahoma (in that order) in my opinion.

HogNuttz

Quote from: HogBreath on December 06, 2008, 07:16:56 pm
The Gators are probably playing the best of anyone down the stretch, so yeah, don't want them back in the BCS game.  I think Ohio State should get to pick who they play this year.  Maybe Akron or Dayton, Miami of Ohio perhaps.

Just kidding.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

hoglady

http://bcsguru.blogspot.com/2008/12/split-title-for-florida-ap-style.html

This shows how close it could be.
The Hawaii loss will hurt Florida in the computer rankings.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Pork Authority

The right to free speech should not apply for a Canadian, like Saunders. 
Send him to Guantanamo.