Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama Florida game thread

Started by RunnerHog, December 06, 2008, 02:45:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

songofthesword

espn's contract with sec ensures a one loss sec team= national championship for the next 20 years

VidPig

Did I miss something on the opening kick?  On a KO the ball is live until it goes OB or a player takes possession.  Why did the Bama returner just let the ball roll around in the endzone and why wouldn't the gators pounce on it?  I did notice the ref waving his arms as if calling a dead ball but if he did that then he blew it as well.

Am I just whacked or did the ref and players just forget the rules on a kickoff?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen...

SRFL

Funny.  Red raiders and Whorn fans on the Aggie board of all places are all saying TT, OU, OSU AND UT could beat UF and UA by 30+.

Poor Little12.

I pray to the Football Gods the BCS selects Texas for the Sugar.  OU and UT need a wake up call from the SEC.

hogsndawgs

Quote from: SRFL on December 06, 2008, 05:49:25 pm
Funny.  Red raiders and Whorn fans on the Aggie board of all places are all saying TT, OU, OSU AND UT could beat UF and UA by 30+.

Poor Little12.

I pray to the Football Gods the BCS selects Texas for the Sugar.  OU and UT need a wake up call from the SEC.

You think Ole Miss would beat Texas?

ronmahony

Don't know about yall but i'm getting sick of hearing Tebow
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

passinghog

Quote from: hogsndawgs on December 06, 2008, 05:51:09 pm

Bama or FLA will be in the Sugar. Ole Miss will be in a non BCS bowl.

songofthesword

i have no idea who is going to win

ronmahony

Tebow best short yardage running back in college football. Bullcrap
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

hogsndawgs

Quote from: passinghog on December 06, 2008, 05:52:41 pm
Bama or FLA will be in the Sugar. Ole Miss will be in a non BCS bowl.

My bad, I mis read the comment, I thought he said Cotton for some reason.

songofthesword

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Quote from: ronmahony on December 06, 2008, 05:54:01 pm

He may not be the best, but he's certainly up there. I get tired of hearing about him all the time too, but I can't deny that he is a beast in short yardage situations.

Zen_Hog

SRFL

Quote from: hogsndawgs on December 06, 2008, 05:51:09 pm

?

No.  What?

Florida or Bama to the BCSCG and the loser to the Sugar vs. OU or UT.

Hawgon

Quote from: VidPig on December 06, 2008, 05:48:36 pm
Did I miss something on the opening kick?  On a KO the ball is live until it goes OB or a player takes possession.  Why did the Bama returner just let the ball roll around in the endzone and why wouldn't the gators pounce on it?  I did notice the ref waving his arms as if calling a dead ball but if he did that then he blew it as well.

Am I just whacked or did the ref and players just forget the rules on a kickoff?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen...

Yes, I thought the same thing.  I'm pretty sure that was a live ball.  They treated it as it was a punt but it was a kick off and was supposed to be a live ball.  Heck, we scored on one like against Ole Miss four of five years ago when they lolly gagged around in the endzone and that fast white boy we had got down there and covered it up for the score.

jcmojica23

Being drunk and watching Todds taste of the town makes me hungry as hell haha

songofthesword

ronmahony

hogsndawgs

Quote from: SRFL on December 06, 2008, 05:56:43 pm
?

No.  What?

Florida or Bama to the BCSCG and the loser to the Sugar vs. OU or UT.

Never mind, I mis read the earlier comment...

ronmahony

Gettin down to the nut-cuttin now.

ronmahony

I think that pass might've been ball game.

nwa_razorback_coffee

Quote from: ronmahony on December 06, 2008, 05:54:01 pm

Tebow haters gettin quiet here.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

24-20 florida with around 5 minutes left. Florida 1st and goal.

RunnerHog

Zen_Hog

Ulysses_S_Grunt

sideline penalty against florida

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Ulysses_S_Grunt

nwa_razorback_coffee

Quote from: songofthesword on December 06, 2008, 05:31:11 pm
a NFL QB throws a touchdown pass, not 2 yards behind his reciever

Welcome to the NFL

songofthesword

dude, that was a 3 yard slant. dick can make that throw. and an NFL QB does that consitantly. tebow doesn't.

horrible CB technique. you don't give up the inside slant when your team is coming with a blitz and you have no help inside.

ronmahony

Quote from: nwa_razorback_coffee on December 06, 2008, 06:05:49 pm
Tebow haters gettin quiet here.

Naw, not a hater just I know there's a God, and he ain't it!

hawgsav1

Well, Fleabag got his TD.  Let's go Bama. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

jcmojica23

I wanted Bama to win just because I dont like Tebow....Im really hoping for Mizzou to beat OU and MAYBE SC can get into the title game but it seems unlikely

songofthesword

shearman1

I hate the gators but Tebow is a great leader

kgr

They think TEBO is the second coming of Red Grange
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

kgr

Don't hate tebo, just the freaking announcers.
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

Zen_Hog

Safe to say Florida has this wrapped up. Bummer.

NeilieN

I'm getting sick of this Tebow lovefest.

nwa_razorback_coffee

Quote from: songofthesword on December 06, 2008, 06:11:07 pm
dude, that was a 3 yard slant. dick can make that throw.

You're right. He made that throw and Alabama scored 6 on it. Twice.

shearman1

no lovefest I would have love for them to fall today but a leader he is

ronmahony

Quote from: kgr on December 06, 2008, 06:13:33 pm
They think TEBO is the second coming of Red Grange

Ha they were actually calling him Bronco Nagurski while ago.

bobbybouchet

Verne thinks Tebow should be in the NFL Hall of Fame, right now.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

wilson intercepted, that'll be the ball game.

bobbybouchet

Quote from: PorkOpine on December 06, 2008, 06:16:13 pm
When all is said and done, Vegas knows it's stuff.  They didn't pull the Florida by 10 figure out their arse.

I guessed Florida by 20...so they underachieved.  just kidding

WilsonHog

Florida won this one because of Tebow, period. Bama did everything right but figure out how to stop him.

TheTruth

I don't think I can really hate tebow, he is a great leader and football player. But the media is consantly riding his jock which makes me root against him.

shearman1

Quote from: TheTruth on December 06, 2008, 06:19:42 pm
I don't think I can really hate tebow, he is a great leader and football player. But the media is consantly riding his jock which makes me root against him.
true

bobbybouchet

Quote from: TheTruth on December 06, 2008, 06:19:42 pm

Good assessment...same here

TomasPistola

Alabama seems to be a terrible second half team. Negative yardage in the 4th quarter? Wow. Reminds me of how they almost let Georgia back into the game. Bama either needs more depth, better conditioning, or better halftime planning.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

hawgsav1

I despise Fleabag.  He's a self-promoting blowhard who believes he is God's gift to football.  His arrogance is only rivaled by the excessive love that the announcers give him.  I hope he gets his legs broken by OU. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb