Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas keeps getting screwed.

Started by HogMavFan, December 05, 2008, 11:23:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt B.

I hope Texas does get screwed and USC can stand in line for the second screwing.

Hogsnort

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 06, 2008, 10:34:51 am
This is what I've been saying.  It would be hillarious if USC jumped TX in that scenario.  I still think TX would get the nod over USC if OU lost to Mizzou...too many wrongly think TX was screwed, and they'll do what they can to right a supposed wrong.
I don't like the idea of USC making it to the title game but I do know it would create a nightmare for the BCS. That would be amusing.

Hogsnort

Quote from: Snuff on December 06, 2008, 10:37:22 am
I hope Texas does get screwed and USC can stand in line for the second screwing.
That's a good way of looking at it!

hoghelmet14

It seems all the assumptions on here is that Florida Beats Bama... Is that what yall all think?

and oh yeah... who cares if Texas gets screwed.... or OU ... or TT for that matter.... LOL

Go Hogs!
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

jvanhorn

Quote from: BigDrDon on December 06, 2008, 08:48:17 am
Texas  will be in the NC game,I think Missery gets the upset today.
the sunerz r jus 2 fuluv demselvz

Then they better find a way to score more than 60 points or play the game of their lives.  Their defense is not even as good as Oklahoma States.

Hogsnort

December 06, 2008, 11:04:28 am #55 Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 11:06:31 am by Hogsnort
Quote from: hoghelmet20 on December 06, 2008, 10:50:59 am
It seems all the assumptions on here is that Florida Beats Bama... Is that what yall all think?

and oh yeah... who cares if Texas gets screwed.... or OU ... or TT for that matter.... LOL

Go Hogs!
I don't know what gives you that impression. I think Alabama has a very good chance. To overlook them would be stupid for Florida. I'm thankful that the BCS nightmare isn't doing a number on us this year.

Nutts and Bolts

Quote from: hoginator on December 05, 2008, 11:54:27 pm
Hey! Let's beat a dead horse:
-If head to head is so important, Texas Tech beat Texas head to head.
-If the BCS can decide who plays for a National Championship, then why not let it decide who plays for a Conference Championship?
-If you agree to the rules in a tiebreaker, you should congratulate the winner and go on with life with a little class...

What he said... End of discussion...
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

HogMavFan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 06, 2008, 09:22:27 am
Blah, blah, blah...  The whole "TX is getting screwed" is crap.  What about TT getting screwed.  If they would have stayed ahead of OU, then TT would be getting screwed since THEY beat TX.  If TT was in the conference championship, then OU would be getting screwed because they beat TT.  It's a vicious circle, with 2 teams guaranteed to get screwed, as they all only had 1 loss.  But as usual, this is, and always has been, about WHEN you lose.  All three have an equal case to be in the conference championship.
Tech gets eliminated because of their incredibly weak non-conference schedule which leaves OU and Texas . A game on neutral site that was won by Texas.Additionally,  Texas was the only one of the three that played the North champion(Missouri) in the regular season.  Texas was ranked higher until the last week of the season when OU was conveniently moved above them in the rankings. No matter how good they look now, they were beaten head to head so OU absolutely has no legitimate claim to be ranked above Texas. Ironically, Arkansas may have had the last laugh on Texas since our pitiful season lowered Texas' strength of schedule and cost them computer points therefore costing them a chance at the National Championship. Go Hogs.

secfan30

The only thing I like getting screwed more than the long horns, is me. The only sad thing is they will not be destroyed by Florida.

31to6

longtimeHogfan

I agree the short-horned, puke orange (yuck, spit) tea-sips of Texass got screwed.  But, looking at the bright side... it couldn't have happened to a sorrier bunch of folks. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

joeyself

I haven't paid much attention to it, other than to know OU--a team that lost to Texas--is ahead of Texas now.  Is Mack Brown complaining that the tiebreaker he voted for was applied, or is he griping that the BCS system itself is wrong by putting OU ahead of his team?  There's a difference; if the latter, Brown isn't raising an objection to the use of the BCS rankings as much as he is pointing out the fallacy of a system that allows a team that wins the head-to-head to be left home. 

The SEC system for 3 way tie breakers makes more sense, but it too is flawed.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

arklahoman36

Quote from: joeyself on December 07, 2008, 08:31:50 am
I haven't paid much attention to it, other than to know OU--a team that lost to Texas--is ahead of Texas now.  Is Mack Brown complaining that the tiebreaker he voted for was applied, or is he griping that the BCS system itself is wrong by putting OU ahead of his team?  There's a difference; if the latter, Brown isn't raising an objection to the use of the BCS rankings as much as he is pointing out the fallacy of a system that allows a team that wins the head-to-head to be left home. 

The SEC system for 3 way tie breakers makes more sense, but it too is flawed.

JcS

I don't blame Brown for lobbying for his team, but he's inconsistent in his insistence on the importance of head-to-head and ignores the fact the tie-breaker came down to a three-way tie -- a false argument so many bought into and parroted.

Wild Bill Hog

In the SWC everything was geared in Texa$$ favor.  They think that's the way it's supposed to always work.  I'm loving it.

If tOSU gets a BCS Bowl, and Bummer doesn't, that would be a real screwing.

98hogs

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 07, 2008, 08:58:01 am
In the SWC everything was geared in Texa$$ favor.  They think that's the way it's supposed to always work.  I'm loving it.

If tOSU gets a BCS Bowl, and Bummer doesn't, that would be a real screwing.

Poor Texas

Masshog

I root every day and in every way for Texass to get screwed.  Im a happy man. 
My feets hurt.

cbjagman

Maybe, maybe not...............for some reason though I personally find it extremely difficult to work up any tears for UT no matter what the situation.

EastexHawg

Quote from: rubmyHOG on December 06, 2008, 09:27:45 am
Not really......Tech got blown out, while the other two simply lost.......

...And Texas lost to that team that got blown out, didn't they?

No one is getting screwed.  Good grief.