Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas keeps getting screwed.

Started by HogMavFan, December 05, 2008, 11:23:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogMavFan

I was raised from birth to hate Texas so this is hard to say but Texas is getting ripped off this season. Much like the Darren McFadden Heisman ripoff that ESPN pulled last year, the media is at it again and everyone has completely ignored the previous OU-Texas game which was won by Texas on a neutral field. Now the OU quarterback beat out McCoy for 1st team all conference. If anyone should know about Texas and McCoy it is an Arkansas fan. Of the #1Alabama, #2Florida and Texas games, we were by far most dominated by Texas. The other games we were actually competitive at least for a while but Texas totally dominated us in everyway and could have put up 70+ if they hadn't showed mercy. Colt McCoy is hands down the best quarterback and player in the country this season. In the past it seemed like Texas got preferential treatment by the media so this is weird but they are getting totally ripped this year. 

kgr

Cry me a river over Tex~ass

Tuck Fexas
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

zumhog

I will agree. Texas is getting pretty much bent over but in reality they deserve it.

Razorhio

I'm no Texas fan, but as a college football fan, this one is frustrating.  TX should definitely be playing in the title game.

opineonswine

They ARE getting screwed.  'Bout time.

hoginator

Hey! Let's beat a dead horse:
-If head to head is so important, Texas Tech beat Texas head to head.
-If the BCS can decide who plays for a National Championship, then why not let it decide who plays for a Conference Championship?
-If you agree to the rules in a tiebreaker, you should congratulate the winner and go on with life with a little class...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

hogindallas

I dislike the 'Horns as well, but that's NOT the reason I don't feel sorry for them in this matter. The system is flawed, no doubt. Teams can lose early and get back into the mix (if they started out ranked early in the year and only lose once).  Also, we beat LSU last year LATE and they still made it to the NC game...that's a fundamental flaw in the system.  My point is, anyone can get screwed and many more will.  It's also worth noting that the Big 12's tiebreaker (or lack thereof) contributed as much to this. OU smashed a Tech team after that same Tech team led the entire game against Texas.  I saw this one coming and so did Macky boy (which is why he lobbied some prior)

Also....my only "disagreement" with Petrino thus far is his resistance to having a playoff.  I think it's a must. Until then we have this and people should prepare to get left out.

CallMeAl

Texas Tech is getting screwed more than Texas. They tied for the championship and nobody thinks they deserve to be in the Big 12 title game. They beat Texas head to head. Bottom line is, the rule is to take the highest ranked BCS team in a THREE way tie. The rules are being followed. Nobody is getting screwed. Not even me. My wife is already asleep.
Hog since birth.

hogindallas

I would say that each of the 2 teams left out would have an argument....and to wake her up first thing in the morning!

respirback

Texas getting screwed...ain't life grand

Siems56

The thing is, Texas IS being promoted by ESPN, or at least they were until probably this weekend.  The media wanted Texas in it.  Personally, I think OU is the better team now and if they were to play again, in a rematch, OU would beat them.  That's my opinion which doesn't matter much, but, the Big XII rules for conference championship are being followed.  That being said, with as much talk about UT being "wronged", including that by Mack Brown, I'm even more glad OU is going over Texas.

hoghelmet14

I cant wait until the only thing ESPN has to talk about each week is:  Does Arkansas' opponent this week even have a chance to stay in the game....
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

jamie72921

Texas lost to Tech team that still has a crappy defense. The same crappy defense that gave up over 60 points to OU, the team that won Texas' division.

OU is getting screwed. They won their division, and morons are still whining for a Texas team that lost to Texas Tech.

Is Texas undefeated? If not, then they subjected themselves to the tie break process by losing to a crappy team.

They didn't get screwed, they simply didn't take care of business.
Bless your heart

idiotghos

Question: since when did having to abide the tiebreaker rules agreed to before the season constitute being screwed?

Answer: when texas comes out on the short end of it

razorbackfan4life

Texas deserves it.... but FUGGG... OKLACHOKEONMABLLSHOMA is good.

I think if they had a rematch OK would take it easily. 

OK vs Florida would be the best NC in awhile.  Hopefull the SEC will dominate again.

StewDogg11

Quote from: jamie72921 on December 06, 2008, 12:53:06 am
Texas lost to Tech team that still has a crappy defense. The same crappy defense that gave up over 60 points to OU, the team that won Texas' division.

OU is getting screwed. They won their division, and morons are still whining for a Texas team that lost to Texas Tech.

Is Texas undefeated? If not, then they subjected themselves to the tie break process by losing to a crappy team.

They didn't get screwed, they simply didn't take care of business.
I don't think you can classify any 11-1 team as "crappy" no matter the level.  If Texas Tech is crappy this year, then what is Arkansas.

hogdogcrazy

Quote from: StewDogg11 on December 06, 2008, 02:02:19 am
I don't think you can classify any 11-1 team as "crappy" no matter the level.  If Texas Tech is crappy this year, then what is Arkansas.

I'll tell you what Arkansas is, A member of the baddest conference in the land.  If Tex-ass is getting bent over and taken to Shawshank--GOOD!
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

HogNuttz

Quote from: HogMavFan on December 05, 2008, 11:23:41 pm
I was raised from birth to hate Texas so this is hard to say but Texas is getting ripped off this season. Much like the Darren McFadden Heisman ripoff that ESPN pulled last year, the media is at it again and everyone has completely ignored the previous OU-Texas game which was won by Texas on a neutral field. Now the OU quarterback beat out McCoy for 1st team all conference. If anyone should know about Texas and McCoy it is an Arkansas fan. Of the #1Alabama, #2Florida and Texas games, we were by far most dominated by Texas. The other games we were actually competitive at least for a while but Texas totally dominated us in everyway and could have put up 70+ if they hadn't showed mercy. Colt McCoy is hands down the best quarterback and player in the country this season. In the past it seemed like Texas got preferential treatment by the media so this is weird but they are getting totally ripped this year. 

Texas didn't get screwed and neither did McCoy.  Oklahoma had the least damaging loss of the 3 teams in a tie and had the most impressive victory of the 3 teams in the tie.  McCoy was the AP 2nd team all conference, but it was by a vote or two.  However, he was the conference's offensive player of the year as voted on by the same group of people.  There is an article somewhere that explains it in great detail.

So, if being voted the conference's offensive player of the year is getting screwed, then yeah, he is getting screwed.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Rzback

Reminds me of Arkansas when we were in the SWC. Looks like OK has more "pull" in the Big 12 than TX
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Pigdiana Jones

"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

LLPL

Texas Tech > Texas
Texas > Oklahoma
Oklahoma > Texas Tech

Rinse and repeat.

All 3 lost to one or the other. How do you pick the one who deserves to not have it count against them?

They have a rule for that scenario and it is being played out. Now what if Missouri beats Oklahoma. Texas will go the BCS when Texas Tech beat them. Where do you draw the line?

This is the system we have.

Pa-Paw

This has nothing to do with anyone's liking or disliking a football program. Colt McCoy who is the genuine article is being screwed out of something he earned on and off the field of play. The Heisman is all about politics, but it should not be.   

SavageHog

Thank you Texas for getting "shafted".  I'm heading to KC to watch the Sooners roll the tigers! 

Two years ago Atlanta; this year KC.

GO HOGS!
GO SOONERS!

NWARazor

Quote from: Pa-Paw on December 06, 2008, 07:41:25 am
This has nothing to do with anyone's liking or disliking a football program. Colt McCoy who is the genuine article is being screwed out of something he earned on and off the field of play. The Heisman is all about politics, but it should not be.  
Kinda like Darren got screwed last year!?!
Because it's Everything Texas isn't; Better than Ole Miss; a Northerner's Dream and a Southerner's Wish; the Pride of Arkansas; The Ultimate College Experience; Wooooo Pig Sooie; Old Main; LSU's Worst Nightmare; And a Place That Can Get In Your Blood and Stay Forever...

Bacons Rebellion

Texas is getting screwed no more than Texas Tech, which beat Texas. There is NO way to break a three way tie in which each team has beaten the other.

Let them all play again? And when that happens, Texas beat Texas Tech, Oklahoma beats Texas and Texas Tech beats Oklahoma and you're not better off than you were before.

The fairest way (to determine who would represent the conference in the bowl, conference championship game, etc) was the way the Southwest Conference used to do it for the Cotton Bowl. The team that had the longest time since they had been to the bowl got to go.

Pa-Paw

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on December 06, 2008, 08:18:43 am
Texas is getting screwed no more than Texas Tech, which beat Texas. There is NO way to break a three way tie in which each team has beaten the other.

Let them all play again? And when that happens, Texas beat Texas Tech, Oklahoma beats Texas and Texas Tech beats Oklahoma and you're not better off than you were before.

The fairest way (to determine who would represent the conference in the bowl, conference championship game, etc) was the way the Southwest Conference used to do it for the Cotton Bowl. The team that had the longest time since they had been to the bowl got to go.

How about on a neutral field....Oh wait, a couple of them has already done that!   

PorkCheops

I can think of no better coach to receive such treatment than Mack Brown.

His whole argument this year is based on the fact that Texas beat OU on the field.  Logical, unless you look at the way he votes in the coaches poll: 

The last two years, A&M beat Texas.  If Brown considers on-the-field victories to be more important that media perceptions, etc., then he should have voted A&M higher than Texas in his ballot. 

Did he?  No. 

His logic only applies to when he needs it to, like this year.  And that is not logic at all.

Let's use his own arguments against him:  If on-the-field victories count, then Tech should be above Texas, and OU should be above Tech, and Texas should be above OU.  Impossible.

His only other recourse, in the absence of a possible scenario, is a recourse to some other standard, like the rules.  And, uh oh.  Sorry, Mack.

Well, I'm not really sorry.
"The problem is not only to win souls but to save minds. If you win the whole world and lose the mind of the world, you will soon discover that you have not won the world. Indeed it may turn out that you have actually lost the world."  Charles Malik

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HogMavFan on December 05, 2008, 11:23:41 pm

Once again, Texas is NOT getting screwed. McCoy was named the Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year. Why? His OVERALL athletic ability to not only pass, but run as well(leading rusher on Texas?). Bradford was listed as the 1st team QB because that is all he does. Bradford's Pass Efficiency is 191.0 to McCoy's 179.2. Bradford's pass yds = 4,080 for 46 TD's, 6 INT's and 15.22 yds per completion.  McCoy's = 3,445 for 32 TD's, 7 INT's and 11.84 yds per completion.

What are you going to do when you have 5 of the top 10 QB's in the country in the Big 12? I'm sure Texas Tech feels that Harrell is getting screwed as well, and Kansas probably feels the same about their QB Reesing and certainly Missouri with Chase Daniels has a dog in that hunt and oh yeah, what about Zach Robinson from Oklahoma State? All really good QB's.

McCoy was name Big 12 OP of the Year because of his overall contribution, but Bradford's numbers are obviously better than McCoy's.

I am sick of hearing about Texas getting screwed. What a bunch of whiney-arse cry babies. They and their co-conspirator in keeping the pot stirred and lobbying for Texas(ESPN) and influencing people who don't know enough to check the facts, can both take it up the arse as far as I am concerned. Tuck Fexas.
Go Hogs Go!

Clint Alan

Big 12 coaches agreed to this tie breaking system......blame Mack Brown for voting for it.....

quit ur bitchin'
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: rubmyHOG on December 06, 2008, 08:40:16 am
Big 12 coaches agreed to this tie breaking system......blame Mack Brown for voting for it.....

quit ur bitchin'

And ironically, while Mack DID vote for it, Bob Stoops didn't. Karma baby.
Go Hogs Go!

BigDrDon

Texas  will be in the NC game,I think Missery gets the upset today.
the sunerz r jus 2 fuluv demselvz
You gonna look me dead in the eye,hold a straight face ,and swear to me,that the forward pass is legal?

rzrbackrob

Hogs on the way up

Horns getting screwed

life is goooood
Good is the enemy of great

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

honestabe

Bubba's Bruisers

Blah, blah, blah...  The whole "TX is getting screwed" is crap.  What about TT getting screwed.  If they would have stayed ahead of OU, then TT would be getting screwed since THEY beat TX.  If TT was in the conference championship, then OU would be getting screwed because they beat TT.  It's a vicious circle, with 2 teams guaranteed to get screwed, as they all only had 1 loss.  But as usual, this is, and always has been, about WHEN you lose.  All three have an equal case to be in the conference championship.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Clint Alan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 06, 2008, 09:22:27 am
Blah, blah, blah...  The whole "TX is getting screwed" is crap.  What about TT getting screwed.  If they would have stayed ahead of OU, then TT would be getting screwed since THEY beat TX.  If TT was in the conference championship, then OU would be getting screwed because they beat TT.  It's a vicious circle, with 2 teams guaranteed to get screwed, as they all only had 1 loss.  But as usual, this is, and always has been, about WHEN you lose.  All three have an equal case to be in the conference championship.

Not really......Tech got blown out, while the other two simply lost.......
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 06, 2008, 09:22:27 am

Yeah, but what they are whining about above is that their beloved Colt McCoy wasn't named the 1st team QB on the All Big 12 team, he was only named Offensive POY. Cry me a frickin river.

5 of the top 10 QB's statistically in the nation in that conference and as usual, Texas thinks that just because they are Texas, they should be given first choice in everything.

I don't normally hate anything or anyone, but this whole coordinated media campaign on their behalf along with Mack Brown's begging and whining on national t.v. does make me hate Texas more now, than ever before.
Go Hogs Go!

hawgwash

Oklahoma deserves to be in the Big 12 championship game.  UT's victory over OU is no more important than TT's victory over UT.  Why isn't TT even being considered?  Its because they got totally smashed by OU, whereas OU's loss was only by a few and UT's loss was very close.  So if TT loses ground because they got hammered in their loss, then the team that hammered them (OU) should gain that ground.  If you want to go to strength of schedule, OU's nonconference schedule was much better than UT's.  (We're partially to blame for that).  The fact that UT's win over OU was on a neutral field carries no weight.  That would give an unfair advantage every year to the winner of that game because its the only one played on a neutral field.  So F Texas and F the crybaby Mack Brown.

By the way, the SEC rule for a 3 way tie isn't much better than the Big 12's.  It would still throw out the lowest rated team in the BCS standings before looking head to head.  No way should polls and computers should have any influence in this.  That's unfair to the teams that are not historic powerhouses.  (Think of schools like Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, California, or ARKANSAS, should we ever be in that situation).  Base it on margin of victory among the teams involved in the tie, or something based on the field, not polls.

Bubba's Bruisers

December 06, 2008, 09:43:54 am #38 Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 09:49:04 am by Bubba's Bruisers
Quote from: rubmyHOG on December 06, 2008, 09:27:45 am
Not really......Tech got blown out, while the other two simply lost.......

With that argument, then you can't argue against OU getting in because THEY were the ones who blew out TT...a team that beat TX.  So it goes both ways.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawgwash on December 06, 2008, 09:38:46 am
Oklahoma deserves to be in the Big 12 championship game.  UT's victory over OU is no more important than TT's victory over UT.  Why isn't TT even being considered?  Its because they got totally smashed by OU, whereas OU's loss was only by a few and UT's loss was very close.  So if TT loses ground because they got hammered in their loss, then the team that hammered them (OU) should gain that ground.  If you want to go to strength of schedule, OU's nonconference schedule was much better than UT's.  (We're partially to blame for that).  The fact that UT's win over OU was on a neutral field carries no weight.  That would give an unfair advantage every year to the winner of that game because its the only one played on a neutral field.  So F Texas and F the crybaby Mack Brown.

By the way, the SEC rule for a 3 way tie isn't much better than the Big 12's.  It would still throw out the lowest rated team in the BCS standings before looking head to head.  No way should polls and computers should have any influence in this.  That's unfair to the teams that are not historic powerhouses.  (Think of schools like Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, California, or ARKANSAS, should we ever be in that situation).  Base it on margin of victory among the teams involved in the tie, or something based on the field, not polls.

In margins of victory over Big 12 opponents, OU is 60 points ahead of Texas and Texas Tech. Like you said, OU has the greater SOS AND if you add in quality ROAD wins vs. ranked BCS teams, OU has one, Texas none and if OU wins tonight, that will give them two(technically it is a "neutral site"-Kansas City?.......like the Cotton Bowl is neutral in Dallas?).
Go Hogs Go!

porknbeans

Ideally, the decision on who should play in the Big 12 championship game should be an objective one. However, all three teams have only one conference defeat, and that is to another team within the trio. So, using the most credible (and only) objective criteria - wins and losses, the three teams are even.

With the objective criteria being equal, the decision of who represents the Big 12 South in the big game was made using subjective criteria.

Definition of subjective, as applies in this instance (from Merriam-Webster online)
4 a  (1): peculiar to a particular individual : personal <subjective judgments>  (2): modified or affected by personal views, experience, or background <a subjective account of the incident>

Those who whine that Texas should be playing in the CS game because Texas beat Oklahoma on a neutral field, while the other two wins between the three were won by the home team is...a SUBJECTIVE argument. Just as the BCS rankings are subjective.

The fact that the Big 12 team that plays in the CS game might have to be determined by a subjective judgment was considered by all parties before the season began, and it was decided that the BCS ranking would be the tie-breaker. Next year, the PTB could modify the tie-breaker rule to give a victory on a neutral field more weight. But, that is not the rule now, so Oklahoma plays today. And if a neutral field victory was given more weight in a tie-breaker, that wouldn't make it more 'right' or correct. In a similar situation it would simply be the deciding SUBJECTIVE factor.

Given the tie in objective criteria, deciding who should go is kind of like deciding who is the prettiest of three girls in a beauty contest, when they all have the same measurables. It all depends upon the individuals likes, experiences, quirks, fantasies and allegiances.
Never wrestle with a Hog - you get dirty and the Hog likes it

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: porknbeans on December 06, 2008, 09:50:32 am
Ideally, the decision on who should play in the Big 12 championship game should be an objective one. However, all three teams have only one conference defeat, and that is to another team within the trio. So, using the most credible (and only) objective criteria - wins and losses, the three teams are even.

With the objective criteria being equal, the decision of who represents the Big 12 South in the big game was made using subjective criteria.

Definition of subjective, as applies in this instance (from Merriam-Webster online)
4 a  (1): peculiar to a particular individual : personal <subjective judgments>  (2): modified or affected by personal views, experience, or background <a subjective account of the incident>

Those who whine that Texas should be playing in the CS game because Texas beat Oklahoma on a neutral field, while the other two wins between the three were won by the home team is...a SUBJECTIVE argument. Just as the BCS rankings are subjective.

The fact that the Big 12 team that plays in the CS game might have to be determined by a subjective judgment was considered by all parties before the season began, and it was decided that the BCS ranking would be the tie-breaker. Next year, the PTB could modify the tie-breaker rule to give a victory on a neutral field more weight. But, that is not the rule now, so Oklahoma plays today. And if a neutral field victory was given more weight in a tie-breaker, that wouldn't make it more 'right' or correct. In a similar situation it would simply be the deciding SUBJECTIVE factor.

Given the tie in objective criteria, deciding who should go is kind of like deciding who is the prettiest of three girls in a beauty contest, when they all have the same measurables. It all depends upon the individuals likes, experiences, quirks, fantasies and allegiances.

Bottom line, Mack Brown voted FOR this rule that now affects his team. Bob Stoops DID NOT. Now Mack wants to back up on that rule. Like I said, karma. Stuff it Mack.
Go Hogs Go!

Pa-Paw

This is funny stuff. It's sort of like the line from the Star Wars movie, "may the force be with you", but here it is "may the hate consume your life". Somehow folks seem to have completely forgotten that the subject matter of this thread had to do with the Heisman award.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pa-Paw on December 06, 2008, 09:55:32 am
This is funny stuff. It's sort of like the line from the Star Wars movie, "may the force be with you", but here it is "may the hate consume your life". Somehow folks seem to have completely forgotten that the subject matter of this thread had to do with the Heisman award.

Some have, some not. I posted this above.

Yeah, but what they are whining about above is that their beloved Colt McCoy wasn't named the 1st team QB on the All Big 12 team, he was only named Offensive POY. Cry me a frickin river.

5 of the top 10 QB's statistically in the nation in that conference and as usual, Texas thinks that just because they are Texas, they should be given first choice in everything.

I don't normally hate anything or anyone, but this whole coordinated media campaign on their behalf along with Mack Brown's begging and whining on national t.v. does make me hate Texas more now, than ever before.
Go Hogs Go!

dr_arkansawyer

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on December 06, 2008, 12:22:57 am
Texas Tech is getting screwed more than Texas. They tied for the championship and nobody thinks they deserve to be in the Big 12 title game. They beat Texas head to head. Bottom line is, the rule is to take the highest ranked BCS team in a THREE way tie. The rules are being followed. Nobody is getting screwed. Not even me. My wife is already asleep.
LMAO!
We need the iron qualities that go with true manhood. We need the positive virtues of resolution, of courage, of indomitable will, of power to do without shrinking the rough work that must always be done.

Theodore Roosevelt
1858-1919, Twenty-sixth President of the USA

BigSexyHog

Screw Texass and their crying coach.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

Hogsnort

December 06, 2008, 10:26:31 am #47 Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 10:37:14 am by Hogsnort
What would happen if Oklahoma lost to Missouri? Would that not give USC an argument to get into the NC game? They could then make an argument against Texas or Texas Tech, saying that they didn't win their conference in an effort to play the winner of the SEC championship game for the title. Now, that would be insult to injury for more than just Texas. I would really hate to see USC be able to backdoor their way into the NC game. That would really stink. Am I wrong?

demonHOG1013

I dont feel sorry for TEXAS. THere is no good way to settle a three way tie, because you cant go by head-to-head because the three teams beat each other.  The Big 12 commish said it best about the whinning of texas and its fans:  IF you win all your games we dont have this problem.  Each team has a legitimate argument, but Oklahoma had the tougher non-conf. schedule, blew away the team that beat texas, their loss was earlier in the season than texas and thus has a longer win streak, and is ranked higher in the BCS.  Oklahoma should be in the championship game.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hogsnort on December 06, 2008, 10:26:31 am
What would happen if Oklahoma lost to Missouri? Would that not give USC an argument to get into the NC game? They could then make an argument against Texas, saying that they didn't win their conference in an effort to play the winner of the SEC championship game for the title. Now, that would be insult to injury. Am I wrong?

This is what I've been saying.  It would be hillarious if USC jumped TX in that scenario.  I still think TX would get the nod over USC if OU lost to Mizzou...too many wrongly think TX was screwed, and they'll do what they can to right a supposed wrong.