Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt top candidate for Auburn but OM working on contract extension (merged)

Started by beachhawg, December 05, 2008, 12:32:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Conway4Hogs

OK  When McNutt says stuff like this?  He is as good as gone

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Nutt: There Has Been No Contact with Auburn   Reply
From David Brandt's blog:

A morning at the IPF finally produced a phone conversation with one Ole Miss football coach Houston Nutt. I asked him point blank about the Auburn job and he said "It's just rumors. That's all it is. I've had absolutely no contact with Auburn." He also said Auburn has not talked with his agent Jimmy Sexton.

Nutt went on to say he was focused on recruiting and getting ready for a bowl game. I asked him what the meeting this morning between he, AD Pete Boone ad chancellor Robert Khayat was about and he said "It was a standard meeting that we have after the season, discussing the direction of the program and facilities and things like that."

Then I asked how his relationship was going with Boone this season and here's his answer: "It's been very, very good. No problems."

And one more time ? Me: So there's been no contact with Auburn? Nutt: "None at all."

Link: Houston Nutt says "Absolutely no contact"

Posted on 12/5 12:26 PM | IP: Logged

TouchdownRazrbcks

I dont think Nutt's that dumb! Well never mind I said Nutt in that sentence...He has a good team and he hasnt killed this QB yet at Ole Piss, and I dont think he will give that up right now... But if the money is right...

BTW I still F****** hate Nutt...

Tim Harris

Auburn needs someone that will bring in a good offensive plan and we all know that isn't Nutt.

hog_fan

His ugly mug wouldn't be on Auburn Rivals site if their wasn't contact.

havok

Quote from: 870 RZR on December 05, 2008, 12:38:13 pm
They're seriously considering replacing Tommy Tuberville with Nutt, unbelievable.  Nutt was getting outrecruited by Sylvester Croom, can you imagine him going up against Saban.  Not to mention that Auburn will never win another Iron Bowl.

By Law they have to interview a broad spectrum of candidates per Equal Opportunity laws..   Nutt, just fulfills the paranoid, lying sack of dog excrement, mediocre coach category.

WilsonHog

Pete Boone isn't exactly a Houston Nutt fan.

I know if I was AD and my football coach of one year was using interest from another school to get more money I would be hard pressed not to tell him to go sh*t in his hat.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: hog_fan on December 05, 2008, 01:09:56 pm
He is doing this to get A raise. Sexton is good.

I agree.  Same old strategery.  Now is OM dumb enough to make a Weis-like mistake.  Hope so....
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

GuvHog

Quote from: havok on December 05, 2008, 01:17:44 pm
By Law they have to interview a broad spectrum of candidates per Equal Opportunity laws..   Nutt, just fulfills the paranoid, lying sack of dog excrement, mediocre coach category.

Link?? I've never seen such a law. Michigan only interviewed 3 maybe 4 diffierent coaches before making their choice, That's not a broad spectrum.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The_Champ

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

hogsndawgs

Well I hope Auburn hires Nutt. It would eliminate both Ole Miss and Auburn from being even a slight threat for the foreseeable future.

hognelson

Did that radio station Jox just say Chris Peterson possibly to Miss. St.??

yodcw2003

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 05, 2008, 12:45:46 pm
My wife would love to see this happen.

'Cause if it does my d*** will be harder than Chinese Algebra.

OMG! That was the funniest thing I've ever read.....ever.

hog_fan

No, they don't. Ole Piss got bashdf or not interviewing minority people. I imagine Nutt was it for them. He was hired probably before the Miss State game last season.

OTTER

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 05, 2008, 01:19:56 pm
Pete Boone isn't exactly a Houston Nutt fan.

I know if I was AD and my football coach of one year was using interest from another school to get more money I would be hard pressed not to tell him to go sh*t in his hat.
+1.  That is right on the money.  Actually, if Nutt has been in contact with AU, through Sexton or directly, he has cooked his goose at Ole Miss.  Boone will not go for that from Nutt at all.  Add to that a very poor looking recruiting class and Nutt could be in deep schiest.  He could find himself "all dressed up, with no place to go".
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

YouDownwithCoachBP?

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 05, 2008, 01:11:35 pm
Even Nutt's not stupid enough to accept the Auburn job and compete with Nick Saban for the cream of Alabama's HS recruiting crop.

But Nutt doesn't base his decisions on logic, they're based on ego.

DizzyHawgFan

Auburn has got to be smarter than this.  Ole Miss not so much, but Auburn? 

GuvHog

December 05, 2008, 01:39:03 pm #67 Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 01:43:50 pm by GUVHOG
Quote from: OTTER on December 05, 2008, 01:27:21 pm
+1.  That is right on the money.  Actually, if Nutt has been in contact with AU, through Sexton or directly, he has cooked his goose at Ole Miss.  Boone will not go for that from Nutt at all.  Add to that a very poor looking recruiting class and Nutt could be in deep schiest.  He could find himself "all dressed up, with no place to go".

That will not happen. Boone and the powers that be at Ole Miss are still trying to get the EGG
off of their faces from the firing of David Cutcliffe and the hiring of Ed Orgeron so they will be
very carefull not to make any moves that could cause them even more embarrassment. For
Ole Miss to shove HDN out because he considered the Auburn job would make the big money
boosters (The Mannings?) angry and could result in Boones being fired.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Philip Seaton

SouthBeach

I'm the last person who would ever support the Nutt, but I bet Auburn is looking at some of Saban's quotes from when he was at LSU concerning his match-up's against Ark.  Saban would always say that he had the hardest time preparing for Arkansas and that Nutt always presented problems.  Again, I can't stand Nutt and I think Auburn would be making a huge mistake if all they concerned themselves with was beating Saban & Alabama.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: FelixJonesorDMAC? on December 05, 2008, 01:08:13 pm
Is there not something in his contract not allowing him take another job in the SEC?

I am sure I read that somewhere surely Ole Piss didn't hire him with out a do not compete clause.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HoopS

December 05, 2008, 01:52:01 pm #72 Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 01:59:47 pm by HoopS
I'll never think of Chinesse Algebra the same way again. 

Edit:  I can't even spell it right anymore.   Thanks Wilson.

The funny thing is that Nutt would have to come back to Fayetteville next year if he went to Auburn.

demonHOG1013

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 05, 2008, 01:44:35 pm
I am sure I read that somewhere surely Ole Piss didn't hire him with out a do not compete clause.

It may be, but the team hiring him can pay the school he leaves to buy out that clause.  I think I heard someone mention that when talking about Petrino goin to Aubbie.

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on December 05, 2008, 01:54:29 pm
It may be, but the team hiring him can pay the school he leaves to buy out that clause.  I think I heard someone mention that when talking about Petrino goin to Aubbie.
If its truly a non-compete, you can't buy your way out of it unless the employer lets you.

lovetthog1

AnthroHog

If he left for Auburn then he would be taking down another AD.  The posters on some Ole Miss sites are furious with Boone.  He'd probably eventually take down Auburn's AD.

WilsonHog

Quote from: ScottFaldon on December 05, 2008, 02:02:48 pm

One year and Nutt is playing them for a contract extension and a sweeter deal.

If I were Pete Boone I would take a copy of Nutt's old contract out of the file, walk into Nutt's office and throw the contract on the floor, then pull out my pecker and piss all over it.   

beachhawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 05, 2008, 02:05:52 pm
One year and Nutt is playing them for a contract extension and a sweeter deal.

If I were Pete Boone I would take a copy of Nutt's old contract out of the file, walk into Nutt's office and throw the contract on the floor, then pull out my pecker and piss all over it.   

Wilson is On Fire Today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :)

El Puerco

I would pay good money to see that moron go to Auburn.  They just float this crap and let it gather steam for a while to angle for a raise and make it APPEAR he's in great demand/stroke Nutt's narcissism.  He doesn't have the stones to take the Auburn job.

AnthroHog

Well, maybe they can put some golden handcuffs on him and then watch as his recruiting catches us with him.  It will be nice to see Ole Miss fans realize that he is not nearly what he claims to be.

Chuck Beavers

The Auburn people can't say anything, so Nutt gets a couple of people from the posse to whisper some supposed inside info to a few "desperate for info" media friends and BOOM! It gets repeated and repeated and Ole Miss fans start saying, "Hey, we better lock Nutt down with a raise before he goes to Auburn!"

How many times have we seen this?

Hawgon

This is all well and good for Hootie this year.  But his dumbass will try the same kind of power play when he is coming off of a dissappointing 5 win season.

I feel for Boone.  He is in a no win situation.  He would be lynched by the Mississippi mouth breathers if he let Col. Dale get away this year.  Yet, in three years or so he is going to be lynched because he didn't let him get away. 

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hog_fan on December 05, 2008, 01:25:03 pm
No, they don't. Ole Piss got bashdf or not interviewing minority people. I imagine Nutt was it for them. He was hired probably before the Miss State game last season.

Ole Miss AD said last Dec he had been after Houston for 5 years.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawgon

The house is definitely on fire now.  I haven't seen this link but apparently Leach is no longer in consideration:

http://djrebel.wordpress.com/2008/12/05/football-been-following-nutt-auburn/

Section123

Look at the difference in how Coach Petrino handled the Auburn situation vs. how TCTWF is dealing with it. Petrino shuts it down. TCTWF tells his pit bull Sexton to fan the flame on the down low. Striking difference in what we have now. Thank GOD for for Petrino!! 

revolution

This is definitely a play by Sexton to get Nutt a raise and contract extension.  Sexton rubs elbows with real professional coaches every day; he knows Nutt is a goober who ultimately will fall on his face, so he's trying to get Nutt all he can out of Ole Miss.  Sexton is good!

oldbear

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 05, 2008, 02:20:30 pm
Ole Miss AD said last Dec he had been after Houston for 5 years.

Some of us would have given him to them a long time before that.

hawgsav1

Ok, I want links to Ole Miss and Auburn boards ASAP.  I need a good laugh. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

monty hawg

Just listened to an interview with a reporter from Auburn.  Several of the power brokers at Auburn want Nutt.  Nutt's relationship with the OM AD is not good.  The reporter thinks that they will put the full court press on Nutt this weekend.

They are talking to Jimbo Fischer's agent also...who is the one and only Jimmy Sexton.  Sexton working hard to get Nutt or Jimbo the job.

The reporter thinks that Nutt is just another Tommy.  Doesn't understand why they would go with a lazy recruiter, he said Auburn needs an activer recruiter like Jimbo.

Hawgon

Quote from: Shaddox on December 05, 2008, 02:31:12 pm
Nutt Staying...http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=3748037  :puke:

This really looks like the Rich Rod thing at WVU a few years ago.  I'll bet it has a few twists and turns to go yet.

Right now, Sexton is on the phone with Auburn telling them that Ole Miss has given Hootie X amount of dollars and that they need to come up with a few more to get him to bring the pimp limp to the plains.

MacHog19

Houston Nutt and Jimmy Sexton using an open coaching position to leverage a pay raise?  Where have we seen this scenario?  Hmmmmmm, Nutt leaving Arkansas for Nebraska?  Nutt leaving Arkansas for LSU?  Nutt leaving Ole Miss for Auburn?  In the words of the immortal Yogi Berra, it's deja vu all over again!

Okie Hog

QuoteNutt responded to a text message a minute ago. I asked if he or his agent, Jimmy Sexton, had been contacted by Auburn. His one-word answer was "No."

Glad to see his Nuttness is still texting!   ;D

razorbackfan4life

hogdiggity

I wonder if Nutt takes the Aubie job if Ole Miss will play the Cotton Bowl with Aubie coaches?  Could be another debacle in dallas!

The auburn board on scout is furious about considering nutterbutter

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010

HawgWild