Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt top candidate for Auburn but OM working on contract extension (merged)

Started by beachhawg, December 05, 2008, 12:32:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: revolution on December 05, 2008, 02:26:17 pm
This is definitely a play by Sexton to get Nutt a raise and contract extension.  Sexton rubs elbows with real professional coaches every day; he knows Nutt is a goober who ultimately will fall on his face, so he's trying to get Nutt all he can out of Ole Miss.  Sexton is good!

If he's trying to get OM to match whatever offer Auburn makes it won't happen because OM doesn't have access to that kind of money!!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Table Rocker

Reb fans are quickly finding out one of the many reasons nutt was run out of arkansas. We tried to warn them.

hogrider

Do you think Ol' P**s fans are going to start wondering about what type of person Hootie is?  We told them that Sexton will flirt Hootie around any time there is a major coaching job available.

hognelson

Quote from: hogrider on December 05, 2008, 03:05:06 pm
Do you think Ol' P**s fans are going to start wondering about what type of person Hootie is?  We told them that Sexton will flirt Hootie around any time there is a major coaching job available.
I think they are oblivious to anything.  They'll learn sooner or later.....

hawgsav1

Wow...according to Ole Pissy boards, they are about to make him paid more than Petrino and Richt.  What a laugh that would be. Petrino's base is 2.5 right?  With up to 2.85 a year with incentives?
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

AnthroHog

Quote from: hawgsav1 on December 05, 2008, 03:11:34 pm
Wow...according to Ole Pissy boards, they are about to make him paid more than Petrino and Richt.  What a laugh that would be. Petrino's base is 2.5 right?  With up to 2.85 a year with incentives?

They had to take a bus to Baton Rouge and count cheeseburgers on that trip.  What will their budget for travel and food look like now?

hogchic2001

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 05, 2008, 02:05:52 pm
One year and Nutt is playing them for a contract extension and a sweeter deal.

If I were Pete Boone I would take a copy of Nutt's old contract out of the file, walk into Nutt's office and throw the contract on the floor, then pull out my pecker and piss all over it.   
That would be awesome!  You are all riled up today, Wilson.
Go HOGS Go!

press ham

ole miss is crazy to pay 2.5m for a 50th ranked recruiting class.

Oliver

Auburn better hope that Ole Miss pays some ridiculous amount to keep Hootie because if they don't and Auburn gets Hootie, they will PERMANENTLY be second tier to Alabama.

AnthroHog

http://djournal.com/pages/story.asp?ID=282975&pub=1&div=News

Oh well, thank God for Mississippi.  I can't believe that Sexton suckered them for that much money.  Interesting that his contract will probably match up to Petrino's in terms of money.

kcabrozaR

WE EAT SAWDUST WE CRAP LOGS WE AIN'T NOTHING BUT MEAN ASS HOGS
          Do not argue with an idiot, people watching may not notice the difference!

cosmodrum

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 05, 2008, 02:05:52 pm
One year and Nutt is playing them for a contract extension and a sweeter deal.

If I were Pete Boone I would take a copy of Nutt's old contract out of the file, walk into Nutt's office and throw the contract on the floor, then pull out my pecker and piss all over it.   

Lou Brown/Roger Dorn styley!
Go away, batin'

passinghog

Quote from: AnthroHog on December 05, 2008, 03:23:24 pm
http://djournal.com/pages/story.asp?ID=282975&pub=1&div=News

Oh well, thank God for Mississippi.  I can't believe that Sexton suckered them for that much money.  Interesting that his contract will probably match up to Petrino's in terms of money.

Talk about someone beng overpaid...
I'd give Petrino a raise just to show that monkey HDN that he'll never be paid more than the head coach at Arkansas to make a statement.

cdclark09

You got to give it to him though... he know how to work the system.  I don't know how he does it but he does.

longtimeHogfan

As long as he stays in the SEC.  This league is tough enough as it is, we don't these schools getting real coaches. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

idochog

What nutt is getting raised is the buyout, so when they figure out he is a sorry ass coach, they will have to pay 6million to get rid of him
I love Jesus!

press ham

we need to bump petrino up to 3 mil per year!

AnthroHog

Quote from: passinghog on December 05, 2008, 03:27:33 pm

Talk about someone beng overpaid...
I'd give Petrino a raise just to show that monkey HDN that he'll never be paid more than the head coach at Arkansas to make a statement.

Would it really surprise anyone if Nutt had it put in his contract that he is to make $1 more than the Arkansas coach?

Sivad

Pure unaldulterated Nutt B.S.
Hootie Dale just trying to pressure the Ole Miss AD into spending more on the football program and the dookie dork brothers' salaries.

monty hawg

My Ol Miss insiders says that Auburn has a $3.85 million offer on the table.

press ham

Quote from: monty hawg on December 05, 2008, 04:03:45 pm

if true, auburn's ad is an idiot.

Sivad

Quote from: monty hawg on December 05, 2008, 04:03:45 pm
If true, the AU AD should be immediately fitted for a straightjacket.

want2be

Some are saying the money booster at Auburn still might make a run a Petrino........I know there is a no compete and a buyout, but he must have deep pockets.....Petrino has stated that he is not interested.....but it appears Auburn may try to stir the pot.

hogsanity

Can anyone tell me why any school would fire someone as successful as TT has been, and then offer ANYONE $3.85mil, IF thats a true offer.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

lovetthog1

With the new ISP contract salaries are about to get even more ridiculous. Nutt is a joke I dont care where he lands. But we need to make sure Petrino is among the best paid, because no matter what anyone thinks he is one of the best.

OKhogfan1959

I so hope Auburn hires Nutt!!! Pleaseeeee!

This is one of many reasons Nuttjob couldn't build this program up to where it should have been. Everytine he has a decent year he starts looking around. Don't you think that time would be better spent recruiting? I do..It's just another reason Nutt won't make Ole Miss better and if he goes to Auburn they will be stuck with 6-7 wins..Please Auburn hire this guy..

LMATH

The only thing I can figure out is that they want to run the ball, and can remember Nutt making them and Tubberville look like fools on several occasions. If you want a coach to run, run, run, then Nutt is your man.

lovetthog1

I agree want2be, Auburn isnt going to give up without a fight when it comes to Petrino. Ironic since we did that with Tubbs last season.  We can only hope that Long and company figure out a way to keep Bobby very happy.

Sivad

Dear Ole Miss fans:

Kiss your "Top 60" recruiting rating goodbye.
With your first year coach already lifting his skirt and parading around naked, it is going to fall even further.

Matt Burks

You have got to be kidding me. Is this all a joke? First of all, if OM is paying Nutt that much money, they are idiots. Second, if Auburn is really trying that hard to get Nutt after firing a much, much better coach in Tubberville, and with reported close to $4 mill deal, then they are even bigger idiots than I thought.

If this is the case, than both OM and Auburn deserved exactly what they are going to get. I am sorry, if you are trying to pay nearly $4 mill, why not go after someone much bigger than Nutt? Hell go after Mack Brown or Urban Meyer for that kind of money. Surely they don't believe that Nutt is better than someone else they could get for that kind of money. I would even take Pinkle or someone over Nutt. I am sure Butch would open his ear for that kind of money.

This has to be some publicity stunt from Jimmy Sexton. There is no way that someone is stupid enough to consider that kind of money for someone that never even won a conference champion with - not even with DMac, Felix and Peyton.

runninghog

This AU/Nutt thing is some good drama.  Ole Miss fans appear to be relieved on the news that he may stay with a contract extension.  LMAO!!!  We've been there and done that.  I tend to believe that the delay in the days leading up to Tubberville's supposed resignation was simply Sexton negotiating where all the chips would fall in the days to come, with hopefully raises for some ;)  All that's left is to pull the strings on all the puppets.

The SEC AD's had better wise up or just prepare for this expensive circus every year.  I think Bobby Petrino and Jeff Long deserve raises just for keeping us out of all this mess.

WarEagle

Nutt is thankfully staying put.  I don't know why we were going after him, if that was indeed the case.

Right now the favorite is Jimbo, who has often stated how much he enjoyed his time in Auburn.  I'd prefer someone who had already been a head coach, but Jimbo would still be a good hire.  And culturally he is just about perfect.
I have descended into college football's Grand Canyon.  I have stood in its Alps.  I have gazed at its ocean sunset.  I have attended a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama and I've been changed forever. ~ Bud Poliquin

HoopS

This is funny.  The more they pay the weasal, the higher the expectations.  And when O's players are graduated, let's see how satisfied they'll be with a coach getting paid top dollar and producing nothing but excuses. 

Headline on Hogville reads that Hootie got a raise to 2.5 mil annually to stay at OM.  Sexton is truly a man of mircales.  Mr. .500 worth 2.5 mil.  OM is operated by a bunch of fools.  I bet they could get Leach for that money or the entire Tulsa coaching staff for near that.  Nutt may be #1 in getting the most money per win in college football.  At 5 wins annually, thats 500K per win. At 6 wins, 416 plus per win.  If you toss out the 4 gimmes that the team should win without a coach, thats 1.25 mil each for Hooties annual 2 confernece wins he is likely to garner at OM.

Justifiable Hogicide

Nutt has never even SNIFFED a BCS game, you have to wonder about Ole Miss' sanity.