Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Raymond Cotton, 4 star QB ...

Started by Joe, December 04, 2008, 10:56:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: A soft Auburn commit out of Maryland, stated that some Arkansas coaches came by for an in-home visit last night, and he plans on making a visit to The Hill. Here is his profile: http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=79218  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

songofthesword

dude.. that's a hell of a QB. he's actually a real QB, with mechanics and all

ekyle1

Looks like the wheels are falling the wagon with that great recruiting class at AU...

Hawgvillain

Can't help but wonder aloud where these scholarships are going to come from.  I am beginning to wonder if we are going to encourage some of our current commits to walk-on or look elsewhere.

colbs

Wish we had more room for some of these players.  There are only a few spots left.  Were not use to having so many high profile players looking at us.

passinghog

Gotta love it. Our guys are like vultures! Just an unbelieveable change from what we had in the past.

yraciv

Don't know if we'll sway him, but he looks a lot more polished then Secord.  I love how our coaches notice a coaching change, and are immediately contacting other schools top recruits. Great effort being put out by our staff, and it will show in the next couple years!

ucahardhitter41

I think we might have a few more academic casualties and people changing than we know about.... i'm just glad the coaches are chasing every lead they see

yraciv

I hate to say this, but I actually think it's benefiting us to not be in a bowl, at least recruiting wise.  We're recruiting top level guys and while others are practicing, our staff is sitting in guys living rooms.

passinghog

This is so different from years past when we were usually the ones worrying about our own commitments changing their minds around this time of year. Love the aggressiveness by this staff on the road.

AnthroHog

Every time I look Arkansas is after another highly rated player that I either hadn't heard about or was a soft verbal to another school.  This staff just keeps on impressing.  I also wonder where these scholarships are going to be coming from since we're almost filled.

ucahardhitter41

hate to say this, but I actually think it's benefiting us to not be in a bowl, at least recruiting wise.  We're recruiting top level guys and while others are practicing, our staff is sitting in guys living rooms.

I was thinking the same thing, i just didn't want to say it

yraciv

Quote from: AnthroHog on December 04, 2008, 11:23:00 pm
Every time I look Arkansas is after another highly rated player that I either hadn't heard about or was a soft verbal to another school.  This staff just keeps on impressing.  I also wonder where these scholarships are going to be coming from since we're almost filled.

I'm just speculating, but often under new coaches guys stick around for a year and don't end up liking it or Petrino will be honest and tell a guy he is a JR sitting 4th string.  I could see the Hogs having a couple more transfers then we expect.  I'm sure we'll make room for talented players though.

aaaactionvp

It would be really cool if we could find out when this kid is coming and arrange to have a few thousand fans up there calling the hogs upon his arrival.

Hogbody

Quote from: yraciv on December 04, 2008, 11:39:06 pm
I'm just speculating, but often under new coaches guys stick around for a year and don't end up liking it or Petrino will be honest and tell a guy he is a JR sitting 4th string.  I could see the Hogs having a couple more transfers then we expect.  I'm sure we'll make room for talented players though.

that doesnt matter for the fact that we can only bring in 25 that count towards next year though.

Boarcephus

Quote from: yraciv on December 04, 2008, 11:19:46 pm
I hate to say this, but I actually think it's benefiting us to not be in a bowl, at least recruiting wise.  We're recruiting top level guys and while others are practicing, our staff is sitting in guys living rooms.

Nope, that ain't it.  What's beneficial is having a coach like BP running the show.  Kids, especially the high powered offensive kind, want to play in his system. 

You don't think TE prospects haven't seen DJ's 61 catches?  Get ready for an influx on talent, especially on the offensive side, we've never seen on the hill.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

HogNuttz

Don't get me wrong, this kid looks good, but we really need to strengthen our D with the spots we have left.  I want one of those nasty Auburn or LSU defenses of recent past.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Kilgor

Quote from: HogNuttz on December 05, 2008, 06:04:49 am
Don't get me wrong, this kid looks good, but we really need to strengthen our D with the spots we have left.  I want one of those nasty Auburn or LSU defenses of recent past.

Then hire a Nick Saban, a Will Muschamp, or a Bo Pelini.  I'd rather watch a kick ass offense and a good defense.  There are more than one way to skin a cat.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

dennab

Looks like we might have a chance with Terrance Coleman too.

notreseveredname

Hard to pass up talent if they want to come here. I bet we sign 28 or 30 minus Agular and Green (count back last year).  It will just be a Hunter Miller situation if everyone qualified.  He signed at ole Piss and then was asked to grey shirt by hootie. He landed back on the Hill.  I'm not sure how that hurts recruiting to have to many of those situations.

LuckyGiraffe

I knew they had flown up to Baltimore last night, but I got my hopes up that it was to try to woo Jelani Jenkins to come to UA.

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: If you are able to watch his videoa, check them out. His Elite 11 video is VERY impressive, as is his game highlights.
     Great things are going to happen here!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

cbjagman

I kinda feel like the guy who bought a lottery ticket just for the heck of it and ends up winning a $20 million jackpot. Can't decide what to do with all the money. With this staff it appears that we are beginning to see the type of recruiting that we've never seen before, at least in the past 40 years.
I'm not sure that many of us could have imagined in one short year how much difference we would see with the incredible strides we've made and will continue to make in bringing in big time players!
WPS

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: True! Imagine how much better the recruiting rewards will be after we get Petrinos players running his system full bore! We win 9-10 games and put up draw dropping offensive and defensive numbers. We will have classes in the near future that will compare to those of the top teams in the country.
     Clear a spot boys and girls! Arkansas is getting ready to claim their place at  THE table!
     The future is soooo bright!  8)  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

hogcoots

What a difference a year makes!!!  We go from the recruiting standpoint of "stars don't matter"; "we only want the ones that want to be Razorbacks"; "stars don't measure heart"; "he's a special player that flew under everyone's radar"...to the recruiting standpoint of "we really don't need anymore 4 star offensive players"; "what are we going to do with 30 top ranked kids"; "we only have 25 scholarships to offer".

Man, is it great to be a Razorback fan these days or what?

tbhogfan

Cotton is the type of QB who could be tremendously successful in the Petrino offensive system: a solid passer with excellent wheels.   There are many times in this system where big gains are available if the QB will take them. 

I love the aggressiveness of this staff.  It is such a change from the past to see our coaches out working hard for the program's future.
Go Hogs!

want2be

It appears that Petrino is going to make sure he has a stable of QB's.....Guess he is assuming Mallett may go pro early.

bassntrucks

Erockster20

Secord has almost the same measures.  Cotton 6'4" and runs 4.6.  Secord is 6'3" and runs 4.65. 

Also, secord has played 3 years of good high school football in Texas.  It looks like Cotton has only played one year. 

oldfart

no matter how many players leave, transfer or whatever, you can still bring in only 25 players per year, plus bring in at midterm any that will add up to 25 from the previous year. we are getting down to only about four schollies left, im sure they will oversign knowing that some wont make it academically. it is a fine balance there, but everyone does it, sometimes you just wind up with one or two that have to be asked to greyshirt. you just dont want to do it too often.

The_Bionic_Pig

I think the visit has less to due with current recruits than it does a current QB on campus (should be easy for you to figure out)  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

TrojanHog

Are you suggesting that a certain rumor is true? Not that one, the football one...

So arevwe losing Nathan Dick or Youngblood?

PorkSoda

Quote from: want2be on December 05, 2008, 09:22:10 am

It appears that Petrino is going to make sure he has a stable of QB's.....Guess he is assuming Mallett may go pro early.
Or he is preparing a back up plan if one or more of the back ups end up transfering.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

havok

Quote from: TrojanHog on December 05, 2008, 11:02:32 am
Are you suggesting that a certain rumor is true? Not that one, the football one...

So arevwe losing Nathan Dick or Youngblood?

Who knows if the rumor is true...  but a backlog of players at One position may be a "Subtle" hint to those lined up waiting and hoping to get some snaps...that they might want to "Consider" other options... aka other positions or another university.

condohog

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: hogcoots on December 05, 2008, 08:42:26 am
What a difference a year makes!!!  We go from the recruiting standpoint of "stars don't matter"; "we only want the ones that want to be Razorbacks"; "stars don't measure heart"; "he's a special player that flew under everyone's radar"...to the recruiting standpoint of "we really don't need anymore 4 star offensive players"; "what are we going to do with 30 top ranked kids"; "we only have 25 scholarships to offer".

Man, is it great to be a Razorback fan these days or what?

To be fair, Petrino landed some who flew under everyone's radars, like Ford, Oden, and D'Aguilar.  The difference is that those guys might just work out for us.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Joe on December 04, 2008, 10:56:51 pm
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: A soft Auburn commit out of Maryland, stated that some Arkansas coaches came by for an in-home visit last night, and he plans on making a visit to The Hill. Here is his profile: http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=79218  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Whoa.
[CENSORED]!

passinghog

Quote from: Erockster20 on December 05, 2008, 10:14:02 am
Secord has almost the same measures.  Cotton 6'4" and runs 4.6.  Secord is 6'3" and runs 4.65. 

Also, secord has played 3 years of good high school football in Texas.  It looks like Cotton has only played one year. 

Cotton is a Jason Campbell clone. Not an attempt to down another kid, but his ceiling is much higher than Secord. We have to start thinking in different terms with Petrino at the helm. Cotton may seem a little bit raw, but under Petrino's teaching he could be a superstar.

AnthroHog

I love that our staff believes in getting coaches to show what they plan to do instead of just saying it.  It would be extremely nice and surprising to land a 4 star QB out of the blue. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGhgVJiaak

jackflash

looked at Auburn committs was wonder about Freddie Smooth DT 6-5 300 from La. Would like to see the Hogs at least take a look.

Brewerfan10

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: Razorback56 on December 05, 2008, 01:47:37 pm
i read that too.  he even looks like him.

campbell did struggle, but then led them to an undefeated year and is having a nice young nfl career so far.

if he has the exact same type career as campbell, i'd say he's done pretty well.

From watching the video, he looks more fluid than Campbell does now.  I think this guy is going to be better under the right coach and the right system.

passinghog

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on December 05, 2008, 02:15:08 pm
From watching the video, he looks more fluid than Campbell does now.  I think this guy is going to be better under the right coach and the right system.

We HAVE the right coach. We HAVE the RIGHT system.

The Boar War

Was this the kid where the Auburn assistant coach learned he was out of a job?  Seems like I remember one of the wives say something about the Cotton house. 

Anyhow the kid looks like a good prospect but the truth is I don't think we have room for him.  I think we would be better served to look at defensive linemen and corners.  We've already accepted a qb this year and there will be qbs available next year.  However if Bobby wants him enough so do I.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: passinghog on December 05, 2008, 02:21:33 pm
We HAVE the right coach. We HAVE the RIGHT system.

I definitely agree with that.  I think he could be a stat machine under Petrino's system.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: The Boar War on December 05, 2008, 03:01:49 pm
Was this the kid where the Auburn assistant coach learned he was out of a job?  Seems like I remember one of the wives say something about the Cotton house. 

Anyhow the kid looks like a good prospect but the truth is I don't think we have room for him.  I think we would be better served to look at defensive linemen and corners.  We've already accepted a qb this year and there will be qbs available next year.  However if Bobby wants him enough so do I.

Seeing as how quarterback is the most important position on the field, I think if we project him to be a kid that would be a starter for us, i.e. better than what we have lined up for the future (post RM) then you make room.  That's just my opinion.

DeltaBoy

Nice looking young man.  Hope he becomes a HOG!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bigt05

cardinalandwhite

And he seems like a stand-up guy from a stand-up family, not someone who tries to win the MVP in the Fulmer Bowl.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous