Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick ! somebody start the come home Lee Ziemba thread!!

Started by HulkHoggin, December 04, 2008, 02:53:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HulkHoggin

;) ;) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

There has been several Arkansas boys come back over few years...

Corkscrew Johnson

doubt it will happen, but who would have guessed 12 months ago that Ziemba and Burns would be in a worse situation at Auburn than they would have been at Arkansas.  my how things change

Bryan (CHF)

Even if they wanted to come back, it is highly unlikely Auburn will grant them a release to goto a school they have to play every year. That is pretty standard condition to the release.
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

bigarrazorback

Quote from: Camden_Hogfan on December 04, 2008, 03:13:41 pm
Even if they wanted to come back, it is highly unlikely Auburn will grant them a release to goto a school they have to play every year. That is pretty standard condition to the release.
i was going to say that

Hawgon

HogNuttz

No offense, but I don't really want Burns.  I think he doesn't fit Petrino's system very well and he'll probably be riding the pine behind Mallet and I don't think he would make it as a receiver, which we have plenty of anyway.  Ziemba would be a nice pickup though.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

dougieritch

Ziemba sucked ballz this year! 

He had an awesome freshman year and followed it up with a sophomore slump.  He single handedly almost cost Auburn the Miss St. Game (3-2) by getting several penalties and a holding call that cost Auburn a safety.

He can stay at Auburn with Kodi

Rustonhawg

Not meaning to sound negative at all, but he made his decision.

lovetthog1

idiotghos

Quote from: Rustonhawg on December 04, 2008, 03:23:31 pm
Not meaning to sound negative at all, but he made his decision.

So did Broderick and Ryan...

Rustonhawg

Quote from: idiotghos on December 04, 2008, 03:29:05 pm
So did Broderick and Ryan...

Yes, that is true.

However, I dont completely feel the same as those two. It really feels that the 2 that picked Auburn over us is different because they are in the same conference and played against us every year.

Not saying it's rational, but it just feels different. JMO

cdhogfan

Quote from: Hawgon on December 04, 2008, 03:20:46 pm
Shhhh!   Dude, he might bring Kodi Burns with him.

Kodi won one game for us this year already.

The real Hogules

Quote from: lovetthog1 on December 04, 2008, 03:28:17 pm
Isn't it ironic.. Dont ya think ?

A little tooooooo ironic, and yeah I really do think.

It's like raaaaain on your wedding day.
It's a free ride when you've already paid.
It's the good advice that you just can't take.
And who would have thought it? It figures............

8)
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

stlchiroHOG

hey...these guys made their bed....plus from what ive seen of Ziemba, hes a pretty dirty player

Dr Swineglove

Not too many players transfer after their sophmore season to another D-1 school.  Not saying it can't happen, it just doesn't happen real often.

If I remember right, Zeimba was a big AU fan, so he'll likely be very happy to stay, provided AU doesn't hire a total moron.  As for Burns, his best hope is for AU to hire a HC who favors run/pass combo QB's - he won't find that here.
If AU winds up with a passing HC, he'd likely be better off transfering to a lower division team where he could be the star.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

SquidBilly

Don't need Ziemba at the UofA.  He can keep his chop blocking behind down at Auburn.

wholehog92

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 04, 2008, 03:49:02 pm
A little tooooooo ironic, and yeah I really do think.

It's like raaaaain on your wedding day.
It's a free ride when you've already paid.
It's the good advice that you just can't take.
And who would have thought it? It figures............

8)

I caught it too, but couldn't remember the words.  Did you have to google it?
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

jdevers

I would love for Kodi to be on the team, of course he would play safety...but he would give us better depth there ;)

the 1 and only

Quote from: jdevers on December 04, 2008, 04:22:29 pm
I would love for Kodi to be on the team, of course he would play safety...but he would give us better depth there ;)

kodi needs to transfer to Michigan.
He would fit that system best.
molon Labe

Use your rights before you lose them

The_Bionic_Pig

Ziemba is the son of a pair of former Auburn University students and spent most of his childhood life in Dothan, Alabama before they eventually moved to Rogers.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Conway4Hogs

Not meaning to be a shot at Lee but he would not do well in Petrinos offense. He struggled badly this year in Auburns spread offense. Too many holdings and false starts. Lee will do fine when Aubie gets back to smash mouth football.

The Realist

He would have to find something to turn that giant Auburn tattoo into if he transferred.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

RazorBassin

Quote from: The Realist on December 04, 2008, 05:08:54 pm
He would have to find something to turn that giant Auburn tattoo into if he transferred.

A $#!T storm would be a good fit for it.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: wholehog92 on December 04, 2008, 04:11:12 pm

Your street cred thanks you for not remembering

PAHawg

Burns it too cocky to come to Arkansas but I never wanted him in the first place.  Ziemba's parents both went to Auburn.  It was foolish to think he'd ever choose any place else.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Razorvet

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on December 04, 2008, 04:03:29 pm
Not too many players transfer after their sophmore season to another D-1 school.  Not saying it can't happen, it just doesn't happen real often.

If I remember right, Zeimba was a big AU fan, so he'll likely be very happy to stay, provided AU doesn't hire a total moron.  As for Burns, his best hope is for AU to hire a HC who favors run/pass combo QB's - he won't find that here.
If AU winds up with a passing HC, he'd likely be better off transfering to a lower division team where he could be the star.

Irony would be if they somehow did end up hiring Nutt.

yraciv

Quote from: HogNuttz on December 04, 2008, 03:21:59 pm
No offense, but I don't really want Burns.  I think he doesn't fit Petrino's system very well and he'll probably be riding the pine behind Mallet and I don't think he would make it as a receiver, which we have plenty of anyway.  Ziemba would be a nice pickup though.

Burns could play Safety!  His brother was first team all sun belt, and last I hear was on an NFL practice squad.  IMO Kodi is a better athlete then his older brother.

aaaactionvp

Quote from: HogNuttz on December 04, 2008, 03:21:59 pm
i was thinking the same thing.

wholehog92

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on December 04, 2008, 05:47:01 pm
Your street cred thanks you for not remembering

I'm not entirely sure I ever had any street cred.  If I have any cred, it would be backwoods cred!
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

bobcat ball

Don't want or need either one of them Arkansas Football is passing Auburn by and will be better for a while to come.
WOO PIG

TomasPistola

Quote from: Razorvet on December 04, 2008, 10:00:45 pm
Irony would be if they somehow did end up hiring Nutt.

I thought about this too. Hilarious!
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: ATLpiggie on December 04, 2008, 04:11:04 pm
Don't need Ziemba at the UofA.  He can keep his chop blocking behind down at Auburn.

I agree.  Ziemba never intended on being a Razorback.  I don't care how bad of a recruiter Nutt is, he and Burns were secret commits to Auburn for a long time and Auburn had reported it on their recruiting board early in the process.  If he would have just committed to Auburn I would have no problem with it but he basically played Arkansas throughout the recruiting process. 

Burt B.

staffhog

He made the choice to go down with rub a dub dub three men in a Tubby!

The real Hogules

Quote from: wholehog92 on December 04, 2008, 04:11:12 pm

No, with a wife and a daughter around the house all of the time it's fairly easy to learn the words to those kinds of songs through repetition.

Sadly I have learned the words to many, MANY chick songs.................. :'(
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

idochog

I got an idea, instead of bashing kids who chose to go somewhere else (BTW remember we had a moron w/ a whistle as head coach at the time they were recruited),

Lets focus on the kick-ass job Petrino and staff are doing.
I love Jesus!

cbjagman

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on December 05, 2008, 10:34:04 am
I agree.  Ziemba never intended on being a Razorback.  I don't care how bad of a recruiter Nutt is, he and Burns were secret commits to Auburn for a long time and Auburn had reported it on their recruiting board early in the process.  If he would have just committed to Auburn I would have no problem with it but he basically played Arkansas throughout the recruiting process. 

Sorry to burst your bubble; however, LZ possibly could have been a Razorback. Problem was the despite having attended a number of workout sessions and developing a relationship with Markeson, Dale couldn't see his way to make an in-home visit ONE time during the recruiting process. Interestingly enough TT found a way to fly in all the way from AUburn to meet and discuss with Lee and his folks. Not saying we would have ended up signing LZ, but it sure doesn't help your case when your dimwit head coach can't seem to find a kid's house when only lives a few minutes from your campus!

Dropkick

That ship has sailed. When they signed with an SEC west team they lost their ticket home.

jmingram911

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on December 04, 2008, 04:35:55 pm
Ziemba is the son of a pair of former Auburn University students and spent most of his childhood life in Dothan, Alabama before they eventually moved to Rogers.

And he can stay down on the Plains as far as I'm concerned. I want guys that want to bleed Razorback red and want to run through an Arkansas "A".

pigzwillrise

kodi and lee both look less than expected this year... i dont really see us needing either of them... i would take them of course... we "needed" broderick green... but we dont "need" a quarterback... and we've got some good o-line men coming up too

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: cbjagman on December 07, 2008, 10:28:59 am
Sorry to burst your bubble; however, LZ possibly could have been a Razorback. Problem was the despite having attended a number of workout sessions and developing a relationship with Markeson, Dale couldn't see his way to make an in-home visit ONE time during the recruiting process. Interestingly enough TT found a way to fly in all the way from AUburn to meet and discuss with Lee and his folks. Not saying we would have ended up signing LZ, but it sure doesn't help your case when your dimwit head coach can't seem to find a kid's house when only lives a few minutes from your campus!

He was still never going to Arkansas. 

keithh1999

Quote from: idochog on December 07, 2008, 09:11:03 am
I got an idea, instead of bashing kids who chose to go somewhere else (BTW remember we had a moron w/ a whistle as head coach at the time they were recruited),

Lets focus on the kick-ass job Petrino and staff are doing.

Who is bashing??? Someone said start a Ziemba thread and some of us are giving our opinions.

Ziemba? NO Burns? NO -- Let them stay there at home in Alabama
Pig Farmers are cool.

pigzwillrise

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on December 08, 2008, 07:45:18 am
He was still never going to Arkansas.
agreed... he has too much family ties to auburn... i wasnt upset that he went to auburn... he hasnt looked that good yet either... all ive seen is he has a bad temper and gets alot of penalties

hogfooey

at least if he came to arkansas, our players wouldn't be the ones getting chop blocked!
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

kimjongsqUeAl

mmm that's OK.  I like who we got.  Thanks anyway! 

GO HOGS!!!
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God