Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MERGED - All Auburn, TT, Coaches Wives, Potential Candidates, and Nutt to AU posts

Started by Hawg Barry, December 04, 2008, 12:50:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ur

Biggus Piggus

Please...Auburn...please hire Houston Nutt.  PLEASE.
[CENSORED]!

AckaBacka

Quote from: fengsooiee on December 05, 2008, 09:36:49 am
Absolutely amazing.  It boggles the mind to think that they could fire Tuberville and hire Nutt.  Add a lazy recruiter to the mix along with Bama being on the upswing.....Nutt would be a disaster for Auburn.  I have always liked Auburn, but having Nutt there wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for the Hogs.  They are not such a great program that he couldn't drag them down.
What is harder, helping Tubbs straigten things out or starting completely from scratch?  I cannot believe that they would fire Tubbs and risk recruits that are already on board to go after a new coach.  And now they are talking about hiring Nutt?  Are you kidding me?

wholehog92

This may be the most I've liked TCTWF in 7 years. 

1.  His leaveing allowed us to hire BP.
2.  His going Ol Miss has set their recruiting and player development back for a year every year he remains.
3.  Now it appears he may go to another SECW team and set them back as well.  It's like we have released a plague on our enemies.  I continue to cheer "Go Houston Go!"
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

hogdiggity

what a sad list of potential coaches.  I thought AU would do better than that

Boardon Hamsay

Just heard on ESPN radio that Graham Harrell has said he doesn't anticipate Leach returning to TTech and expects him to take the Auburn job.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Tripod1

If you can erase from your mind all the things Nutty did here regarding Gus, Mitch, text messages and such (which I know is impossible), and just imagine yourself meeting ANY of the Nutt family for the first time or being in the audience at a speaking event that he or his brothers are speaking, you would find him very engaging and just might think "this guy is great".  They do have that ability.  It is only after you have bought into his crap that you realize your HUGE mistake.  That in a simple form explains why others outside our state think the way they do of him and his brothers.

want2be

Quote from: rlh06 on December 05, 2008, 10:44:39 am
Just heard on ESPN radio that Graham Harrell has said he doesn't anticipate Leach returning to TTech and expects him to take the Auburn job.

If Leach gets the job it should take a while to implement his offense......Neither QB on campus appears to have the passing skills needed......but the fans will get a high octane offense to watch in the long run.

1CavHog

I hope Nutt stays at Ole Miss and has to play with his recruits for the next 5 years.

twistitup

An insider with Auburn just on Beck and Gdby said Nutt was near the top of the list and he is currently at odds with the AD at Ole' Miss
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Tim Harris

I would like to see Fisher go there....not exactly sure why other than I want to see some new blood in the SEC.

40YrHogFan

He will take them down.

Ole Miss will never do better.

It's a win-win for us.

hogsanity

Apparently, the Aub AD wants a HC who will do whatever he says.  I think HDn has shown his willingness to do just that. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogFan219

Quote from: DooDahman on December 05, 2008, 11:10:13 am
What about the TT to Miami next year idea?

Yep. The Butch Davis approach. Speaking of Butch, what about him going to Auburn? I haven't heard that anywhere - just a random thought...

bphi11ips

Quote from: The Boar War on December 04, 2008, 02:45:28 pm
People looking from the outside said the same thing about us last year.  What is Arkansas doing?  They're getting rid of a coach that was the 2006 SEC coach of the year, went to the SEC championship game, and went 8-5.  Everybody who was ignorant of the true situation (and some who weren't) thought we were crazy.  That making this move would set Arkansas football back ten years.  It would kill recruiting. 

Well we know what happened and why Houston had to be fired.  Maybe Auburn has similar issues with Tuberville.  We all hated it when people (from the outside looking in) like Tim Brando criticized us for firing Houston.  Maybe we should give Auburn the benefit of the doubt.

Auburn and Arkansas, or TT and Nutt, are completely different situations.  TT's SEC record at Auburn was incredible.  He beat Alabama 6 years in a row.  He had none of the off the field issues Nutt had.  Nutt's SEC record at Arkansas was unacceptable.  Arkansas and Auburn have approximately the same level of tradition.  When Arkansas joined the SEC, it would have been slightly ahead of Auburn.  During the TT/Nutt years, Arkansas has fallen slightly behind.

Auburn boosters and fans are all the things talking heads have been saying about Arkansas fans during the previous year.  In Auburn's case it would be true.  In our case it wasn't.  Because Auburn is a media darling, don't look for it to be vilified the same way, though.

The good news is that Arkansas and Auburn are about to swap places.  The bad news is that we need a strong Auburn to split Bama's home base.  Look for Alabama to dominate the West in the next decade and Arkansas and LSU to alternate in the second slot, in much the same way that Georgia and Tennessee have played second fiddle to Georgia in the East.  In other words, I think Bama just swapped places with LSU, and we swapped places with Auburn. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

ur

look whose mug is on the front page. :puke:
Actually, I hope he gets it. AU would be done forever.
http://auburn.rivals.com/

navyhog24

Quote from: DooDahman on December 05, 2008, 11:10:13 am
What about the TT to Miami next year idea?

Quote from: HogFan219 on December 05, 2008, 11:23:39 am
Yep. The Butch Davis approach. Speaking of Butch, what about him going to Auburn? I haven't heard that anywhere - just a random thought...

wow if that happened. and since bp is giving willy another year, can you imagine if we went after randy shannon for dc next year??? that would be freaking awesome. just a thought...but wow a very nice thought

Hawgon

This is just conjecture, but I'll bet there is some serious resistance to hiring Leach among some of the old time big money boosters in Auburn.  I'll bet that they feel that Leach's system may not work in the SEC and that even if it does, it will be a long three or four years before it really pays off.  Meanwhile, over in Tuscaloosa, Nick Satan will be winning SEC championships.

So, this may very well be a power struggle between those who want Leach and a gimmicky high octane offense, and those who want a more traditional power offense that fits the current players at Auburn well.

This is hilarious.  I think there is actually a good chance Nutt could end up over there.

Hogaliciousness

Guv, why do you think this was the right thing to do?  Timing is the single most important factor - so, AU begins when most schools are in the final stages of finding a coach.  Most of the better choices are gone.   To me, you only fire a coach when you have an clear upgrade ready.

FWIW, we didn't do this either.  The timing worked beautifully.  Thank you Michael Vick!
I am ready for some football!

The Boar War

Quote from: want2be on December 05, 2008, 10:50:32 am

If Leach gets the job it should take a while to implement his offense......Neither QB on campus appears to have the passing skills needed......but the fans will get a high octane offense to watch in the long run.

Leach would be IMO a horrible choice.  Auburn's powers that be apparently want some one who will cater to their whims, will win quickly, and will compete against Saban for recruits.

Leach is a strange dude.  He gives me the impression that he doesn't care what anybody thinks and therefore will not cater to the big Auburn donors.  Like you said it will take years to implement the type of spread Leach runs at Texas Tech.  That will set him back in recruiting.  Would be a bad choice but better than Houston.

wholehog92

My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

snoblind

Quote from: wholehog92 on December 04, 2008, 02:28:26 pm
Dayum, hell hath no furry.  With that kind of mad, I wouldn't be surprised to see the wagon pack up and move to miss st.  just to stay in the SEC w.  God knows, they'd be the only recruiters in-state.

Now that would be classic...