Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: WarEagle on December 03, 2008, 04:41:47 pm
Names I have heard (not in order):
Leach
Muschamp
Petrino
Charlie Strong
Kyle Whittingham
Would Auburn fans actually want Leach's offense? It seems they are committed to "smash mouth" football.  Also, Petrino has a non-compete.

Doyle Hograves

Names mentioned as a replacement at Auburn on the Finebaum show...

Jimbo Fisher
Will Muschamp
Tracy Rocker
The Dale
Steve Spurrier
Mike Leach

edit - And Paul Johnson
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: hogsanity on December 03, 2008, 04:43:52 pm
Is the sec coaching circle so inbred that they just have to keep hiring people that other sec schools have fired/let go?  Is Fulmer going to MSU?  Maybe he can go to Auburn if TT is out? 

I hear ya.  Seems like we need 6 degrees of separation in here.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

HawgFan26

hogsanity

Quote from: Karma on December 03, 2008, 04:44:56 pm
Would Auburn fans actually want Leach's offense? It seems they are committed to "smash mouth" football.  Also, Petrino has a non-compete.

They would love Leach's offense, as long as it was successful from the very first snap.  Thats going to be the problem in getting a spread put in at a perinnial winner, changing thr system takes time, and most people are not willing to give someone 3-5 years to get his players into his system.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

san1981

Jimbo Fisher - next in line at FSU
Will Muschamp - next in line at Texas
Tracy Rocker - fans would burn down Jordan-Hare
The Dale - see above
Steve Spurrier - Said SC was his last job
Mike Leach - West coast guy...believe he wants go back.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: HawgFan26 on December 03, 2008, 04:47:38 pm
Spurrier???  AYSM?

Just reporting what was said on Finebaum. I don't know if this is a real possibility or not, but I get the feeling Spurrier realizes he's done all he can do at South Carolina.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

We are fortunate to have locked up Petrino last year before Auburn, Tennessee and other high profile jobs came open.  Its good to be a Razorback.

kingofdequeen

GolfnHog

Quote from: Karma on December 03, 2008, 04:50:55 pm
We are fortunate to have locked up Petrino last year before Auburn, Tennessee and other high profile jobs came open.  Its good to be a Razorback.

Sometimes in life...timing is everything ;)
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: ArkieRebel on December 03, 2008, 04:49:07 pm
Just reporting what was said on Finebaum. I don't know if this is a real possibility or not, but I get the feeling Spurrier realizes he's done all he can do at South Carolina.

I agree.  I think Spurrier wants to go where he has at least a decent chance at winning a title then ride into the sunset on his golf cart.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

LamarMundane

It's ridiculous. Whoever made this decision is an idiot.

Tuberville went 13-0 and beat Alabama SIX years in a row.

This is out of control with no end in sight. The money these guys are paid is the chief culprit. The money is out of control, and the expectations are out of control.

HawgnCorona

as an old awww-burn alumni (charles barkley) would say, "win or go home"...in tubbies case get FIRED.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

BayofPigs

Arkansas started this domino effect; we upgraded our coach(big time) and now everyone wants to do the same

HognVA

Quote from: LamarMundane on December 03, 2008, 05:48:54 pm
It's ridiculous. Whoever made this decision is an idiot.

Tuberville went 13-0 and beat Alabama SIX years in a row.

This is out of control with no end in sight. The money these guys are paid is the chief culprit. The money is out of control, and the expectations are out of control.

The timing is terrible, too many jobs already open. Man we got lucky we pulled the trigger last year instead of this year.

Erockster20

How do Fulmer and Tubs get fired when both have won Division Crowns in recent years, but Fat boy Wies keeps his job. 

Hawgrox

December 03, 2008, 07:30:02 pm #67 Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:34:16 pm by Hawgrox
This is another "Rivalry Fire"...something that we in Arkansas are not familiar with just as those who were not in-state during the Hootie years did not understand the reasons that we wanted him gone. Warranted or not...when your in-state rival becomes wildly successful it is a knee-jerk reaction to fire your coach to assure your fan base that you are competing. This happened at Mississippi State and now it has happened at Auburn. The success of TCTWF and Saban cost Croom and TT their jobs. Yes...it is absolutely insane but a fact nonetheless. It's cost a few jobs in the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry as well (see John Cooper). I am sure there are others as well....