Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Per Finebaum: Tubberville Out

Started by Doyle Hograves, December 03, 2008, 04:08:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doyle Hograves

December 03, 2008, 04:08:43 pm Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:23:56 pm by philip.seaton
Tuberville is gone. Expect an official announcement soon. Again, per Paul Finebaum.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

Wildhog

Quote from: ArkieRebel on December 03, 2008, 04:08:43 pm
Tuberville is gone. Expect an official announcement soon. Again, per Paul Finebaum.

Well, here comes Mike Leach, if this is true.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Lard

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

SwinedMelon

"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: Wildhog on December 03, 2008, 04:09:37 pm
Well, here comes Mike Leach, if this is true.

Actually, earlier in the day Finebaum said that "if" Tuberville were to be gone he'd expect the Dale to be a serious candidate. This is getting really good... ;)

Wildhog

Quote from: ArkieRebel on December 03, 2008, 04:10:35 pm
Actually, earlier in the day Finebaum said that "if" Tuberville were to be gone he'd expect the Dale to be a serious candidate. This is getting really good... ;)

I'm loving Petrino's no compete clause right now.  Not that he'd want to leave.  Just sayin'..
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Table Rocker

Ugly Uncle

Oh, please let this be true!!!
Retired Radio Host

demonHOG1013

HamHands

I hope they get a crappy coach and the rest of the SEC continues to beat there arse!
One day at a time.

El Puerco

December 03, 2008, 04:17:24 pm #10 Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:27:28 pm by El Puerco
Boy, expectations are now officially unreal.  Just look at some of the folks on the hot seat these days.  Now, Nutt, was very understandable.  He had his time, he underachieved and he was a scoundrel.  Fulmer, I could understand as well - things had been declining (although it should be noted he played for the SEC championship LAST YEAR).

Miles is a moron I wouldn't want here but dude won the NC LAST YEAR, furthermore, there has been no significant decline in recruiting since the Saban days.
Tubbs fields a strong team every year and Beat 'Bama 6 years...SIX years in a row.
The Croom thing was just a shame.  He lost a great DC but recruited VERY well and deserved more time.  Do these folks not stop for just a second and think about who will replace their coach?  Who do they think is going to Starkville?

Is it getting to the point that fans demand instant coaching perfection?  I mean, they're only going to hand out one NC per year (two or three at most ;)).

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: uglyuncle on December 03, 2008, 04:16:25 pm
Oh, please let this be true!!!

My thoughts exactly, but I don't think even the Dale is stupid enough to go to Auburn as crappy as they are right now. He knew he had talent going to Ole Piss. I don't think the Dale will wind up at Auburn, sadly enough...

Table Rocker

This reminds me of solich, auburn will suffer for years like the huskers are.

porkurina

Well if Dale goes there, and then makes it to MS. ST and AL he could be the western "king" of the SEC.  Maybe he'll get another ring

demonHOG1013

Quote from: Table Rocker on December 03, 2008, 04:18:01 pm

it reminds me of stupid people that know nothing about football deciding who should be the football coach.  Firing Tubberville is retarded.

Quote from: El Puerco on December 03, 2008, 04:17:24 pm
Boy, expectations are now officially unreal.  Just look at some of the folks on the hot seat these days.  Now, Nutt, was very understandable.  He had his time, he underachieved and he was a scoundrel.  Fulmer, I could understand as well - things had been declining.

Miles is a moron I wouldn't want here but dude won the NC LAST YEAR, furthermore, there has been no significant decline in recruiting since the Saban days.
Tubbs fields a strong team every year and Beat 'Bama 6 years...SIX years in a row.
The Croom thing was just a shame.  He lost a great DC but recruited VERY well and deserved more time.  Do these folks not stop for just a second and think about who will replace their coach?  Who do they think is going to Starkville?

Is it getting to the point that fans demand instant coaching perfection?  I mean, they're only going to hand out one NC per year (two or three at most ;)).
Excellent post. I agree completely.

malibu327

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on December 03, 2008, 04:20:37 pm
it reminds me of stupid people that know nothing about football deciding who should be the football coach.  Firing Tubberville is retarded.

Tusks

hootie will pull his skirt over his head for auburn.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: porkurina on December 03, 2008, 04:18:45 pm
Well if Dale goes there, and then makes it to MS. ST and AL he could be the western "king" of the SEC.  Maybe he'll get another ring

Apparently Dale is so stupid that he thinks being geographically closer to Atlanta actually means it's easier to get to Atlanta. Yeah, maybe if you're hitch-hiking...

hog_fan

I bet they got their man if they fired Tommy

Tim Harris

Wow if this is true ESPN is way off as always.  Not 5 minutes ago they said the word from the AD was that it would most likely be the end of the week before a decision was made.  Of course if they are looking at Leach his trip to Seattle could have sped up the process a little.

HogNuttz

Recruiting would be easier at AU which is the Dork's obvious glaring weakness.  I'd rather he stay somewhere like Ole Miss where recruiting ain't easy just to see how fast and how hard he can tank a program.  Judging from his first recruiting class, he's going to face plant in the Mississippi mud within a couple years.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Lard

I agree......to fire an established, successful coach, while the pool of qualified candidates is quite low and your in-state archrival is cleaning clocks.......wow!  Auburn will suffer big time because of this.  I would hate to be the next coach coming in there after all of this and trying to compete against Saban for recruits.
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

WarEagle

I'll obviously support whoever we get, but I think this is a mistake for two reasons: 
1.  Tub is a good coach who deserves a second chance.
2.  Our AD Jacobs can't perform a search.
I have descended into college football's Grand Canyon.  I have stood in its Alps.  I have gazed at its ocean sunset.  I have attended a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama and I've been changed forever. ~ Bud Poliquin

HogNuttz

Quote from: tbharris on December 03, 2008, 04:22:28 pm
Wow if this is true ESPN is way off as always.  Not 5 minutes ago they said the word from the AD was that it would most likely be the end of the week before a decision was made.  Of course if they are looking at Leach his trip to Seattle could have sped up the process a little.

ESPN won't post until it is "official".  Everyone else will post what proven, solid sources are saying.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

AnthroHog

Quote from: WarEagle on December 03, 2008, 04:25:14 pm
I'll obviously support whoever we get, but I think this is a mistake for two reasons: 
1.  Tub is a good coach who deserves a second chance.
2.  Our AD Jacobs can't perform a search.

Since it looks like Tommy is out, who would be your choice to replace him?  Hearing any names besides Leach and Petrino?

kgr

Quote from: nutted on December 03, 2008, 04:21:52 pm

and self apply the K-Y
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: AnthroHog on December 03, 2008, 04:26:50 pm
Since it looks like Tommy is out, who would be your choice to replace him?  Hearing any names besides Leach and Petrino?

Fixed that for ya...

SwinedMelon

Quote from: nutted on December 03, 2008, 04:21:52 pm
Perfect way to put it.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

UAFan4Life

No way HDN goes to Auburn - he's got it made at Ole Miss (8-4 will get you fired at Auburn but will get a road named after you in Oxford). 

lovetthog1

----------------
Unless they got Gillespied !!! Which means they could wind up Nutted.

1CavHog

Auburn is a tough job right now with Saban at Bama. Auburn measures itself by Alabama and right now Bama is not just on top in the polls but they are pounding the Tigers in recruiting the state of Alabama.

GuvHog

It would not surprise me at all to see Mississippi St. name TT as their new HC in the next
few days and then Shortly after to see Auburn name HDN as their new HC.
                                            Someone posted last year after BP was hired asking who would be the next SEC West HC to lose his job. My answer was Croome followed by TT. I was correct and Myles will be next after one more year.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: GUVHOG on December 03, 2008, 04:33:47 pm
It would not surprise me at all to see Mississippi St. name TT as their new HC in the next
few days and then Shortly after to see Auburn name HDN as their new HC.
                                            Someone posted last year after BP was hired asking who would be the next SEC West HC to lose his job. My answer was Croome followed by TT. I was correct and Myles will be next after one more year.

All sound like possible scenarios... How long is the Dale's contract for anyway? Does he have a buyout?

1CavHog

If they fired TT certainly it's because they already had someone lined up.

OTTER

Quote from: lovetthog1 on December 03, 2008, 04:30:29 pm
----------------
Unless they got Gillespied !!! Which means they could wind up Nutted.
It would serve them right.  I will die laughing if they hired Nutty.  Surely, Nutt wouldn't be so stupid as to---------------Never mind!!!!!! ;) ;)
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

hogsanity

But but but Tubby plays BORING FOOTBALL.  Who cares if it wins 9 games per year, it is boring.  Oh yea, note to the new guy, you can put in the spread and be exciting, but if you dont win in 2 years your out.  That seems to be the menatility now.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Table Rocker

If petrino ever did leave the first person I'd call is tubs

malibu327

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

demonHOG1013

Quote from: UAFan4Life on December 03, 2008, 04:29:41 pm
No way HDN goes to Auburn - he's got it made at Ole Miss (8-4 will get you fired at Auburn but will get a road named after you in Oxford). 

wouldnt be the first time that Dale got a job that belonged to Tubbs

Quote from: Table Rocker on December 03, 2008, 04:38:58 pm
If petrino ever did leave the first person I'd call is tubs
I'd have to make another run at Butch Davis if that scenario happened.

Tusks

i hope they hire hootie....the entire SECW needs to enjoy the pure greatness that is the hoot miester.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

WarEagle

Quote from: AnthroHog on December 03, 2008, 04:26:50 pm

Names I have heard (not in order):
Leach
Muschamp
Petrino
Charlie Strong
Kyle Whittingham
I have descended into college football's Grand Canyon.  I have stood in its Alps.  I have gazed at its ocean sunset.  I have attended a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Alabama and I've been changed forever. ~ Bud Poliquin

HawgFan26

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on December 03, 2008, 04:41:08 pm
wouldnt be the first time that Dale got a job that belonged to Tubbs
It wouldn't be the second time either.

Boardon Hamsay

After the Tony Franklin thing, this isn't surprising.  I thought Tubs deserved a year or two, but I think there's a lot more going on with the Auburn PTB than I'll ever know. 

So, let's play "Who Wants to Coach Auburn?"  Leach...Kelly.....Patterson.....Peterson...Fulmer?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hogsanity

Is the sec coaching circle so inbred that they just have to keep hiring people that other sec schools have fired/let go?  Is Fulmer going to MSU?  Maybe he can go to Auburn if TT is out? 

hogsndawgs

Quote from: WarEagle on December 03, 2008, 04:41:47 pm
Names I have heard (not in order):
Leach
Muschamp
Petrino
Charlie Strong
Kyle Whittingham

Charlie Strong or Will Muschamp would be the best choices imho (other than Petrino, but he's not going)...Muschamp is getting paid a lot of money to be a coordinator at Texas and he's in line to be the next coach, so I doubt he'll go. Then again, he's certainly got AU ties.