Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aubrey Phillips

Started by Joe, December 03, 2008, 01:02:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: OL, who is a soft Tennessee commit, will visit Arkansas on January 9. He is listed on Rivals at 6 ft. 6 and 310 pounds, while on Scout he is listed at 6 ft 4 and 345 pounds. He is a 3 star recruit(5.6). Rivals profile: http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=70383
Scout profile: http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3625590
Here is a link to the article on Scout: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/817720.html  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

wholehog92

And Arkansas?

"They have been in the picture. I actually went up there last weekend to see them play LSU. I have been talking to Coach Johnson for a while."

This staff is good.  Ol Miss is just starting to talk to this kid and we've been talking to them for a while.  LOL.  I had never heard of this guy, but it sounds like we have a legit shot at getting him, but he sounds like an option 2 kind of guy.

By the way, how do you have a 3.8 gpa and only score a 17 on your ACT?
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

J.A.Y.

My buddy had the same scores.

He got a baseball scholly to Texas A&M but it took him a couple times to get the ACT, finally got a 17.

He graduated with a 3.8 in high school and maintained a 3. in college before he went pro.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

wholehog92

I guess I just blew off school, I had a 2.9 gpa and smacked a 28 on the ACT.  God forbid I ever went to class in HS, I probably could have scored considerably higher.  I eventually returned to college when I was 30, but I really hated going to class.  To see someone rockin a 3.8 and barely make the 17 makes me wonder what the hell is the deal.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Hogbody

Quote from: wholehog92 on December 03, 2008, 02:12:28 pm
I guess I just blew off school, I had a 2.9 gpa and smacked a 28 on the ACT.  God forbid I ever went to class in HS, I probably could have scored considerably higher.  I eventually returned to college when I was 30, but I really hated going to class.  To see someone rockin a 3.8 and barely make the 17 makes me wonder what the hell is the deal.

lol.  You know how those classes go for athletes, as well as the grades they get.

I only had like a 3.6, but I got a 31 on the ACT, now i'm going to UA for free ;)

wholehog92

Quote from: Hogbody on December 03, 2008, 02:29:09 pm
lol.  You know how those classes go for athletes, as well as the grades they get.

I only had like a 3.6, but I got a 31 on the ACT, now i'm going to UA for free ;)

Good for you.  Keep the grades up and don't miss a game!!!  Enjoy your time at UA

Hogbody

Quote from: wholehog92 on December 03, 2008, 02:56:50 pm
Good for you.  Keep the grades up and don't miss a game!!!  Enjoy your time at UA
Don't worry i'm enjoying those $1 football tickets as long as I can.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: Hogbody on December 03, 2008, 02:29:09 pm

31? You jerk.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: wholehog92 on December 03, 2008, 02:00:01 pm

Some people don't test well.  A big thing on the ACT is working fast, he may not be a person who can fly through a test.  The ACT isn't a great determiner of academic performance anyway.  I got a 31, but in college I've run circles (academically) around people who got a 32 or 33, but some people with 27 or 28 do as well as me or better.  Heck, one of my friends got a 21, I think, and she is completing classes that most people who got 28 or 29 can't handle.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

cbjagman

December 04, 2008, 12:09:13 pm #10 Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 12:17:08 pm by cbjagman
Quote from: wholehog92 on December 03, 2008, 02:00:01 pm
And Arkansas?

"They have been in the picture. I actually went up there last weekend to see them play LSU. I have been talking to Coach Johnson for a while."

This staff is good.  Ol Miss is just starting to talk to this kid and we've been talking to them for a while.  LOL.  I had never heard of this guy, but it sounds like we have a legit shot at getting him, but he sounds like an option 2 kind of guy.

Well the reason OM is just now starting to contact this young man is that Hooter is not good at multi-tasking. He's been so wrapped in winning all those games this season that he just hasn't had time to worry about such mundane things such as recruiting. Besides, in his own words kids only really began to get on the bandwagon when Ole Misery started winning. Before then it was tough to get these kids to even take their calls.

Meyer, Saban, Miles, SS, M. Brown, P. Carroll, Bob Stoops and B. Petrino are just a few of the big name coaches that should realize you can't bother with recruiting during the season. Wait until the last minute is Dale's approach. Besides, the importance of recruiting is WAY overblown.

wholehog92

Quote from: cbjagman on December 04, 2008, 12:09:13 pm
Well the reason OM is just now starting to contact this young man is that Hooter is not good at multi-tasking. He's been so wrapped in winning all those games this season that he just hasn't had time to worry about such mundane this such as recruiting. Besides, in his own words kids only really began to get on the bandwagon when Ole Misery started winning. Before then it was tough to get these kids to even take their calls.

Meyer, Saban, Miles, SS, M. Brown, P. Carroll, Bob Stoops and B. Petrino are just a few of the big name coaches that should realize you can't bother with recruiting during the season. Wait until the last minute is Dale's approach. Besides, the importance of recruiting is WAY overblown.

It will be fun to contrast and compare the two methods from our position I believe.

The Hog

What happened to the Aubrey Phillips discussiont?
Automatic RUN!