Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tubby watch continues at Auburn

Started by monty hawg, December 03, 2008, 07:52:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

monty hawg

Day 3   Tubby continues to meet with AD and President.  Fans getting frustrated in that a decision has not been made about Tubby's future.  Sounds a lot like Stan's last days on the hill.  Talk shows more focused on Tubby's future rather than Bama and SEC championship game.

If Tubby stays, he will need to fire a lot of coaches and let his new OC hire his own coaches.

I am so glad that Tubby didn't come to Arkansas.

Stay tuned.

hogchic2001

I kind of expect him to be out of there.
Go HOGS Go!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Tammany Tom

WJOX in Birmingham is reporting that he is mostly likely out this morning.

opineonswine

Paul Finebaum had Hooten on his show and quizzed him extensively about being a candidate.

You know Hooten....always out for Hooten.

Ole Miss fans beware.  You've been warned.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Tammany Tom on December 03, 2008, 09:16:48 am

Gus to Aubie as HC?

JimmyJames

I'm in Birmingham and sports radio here is making it sound bad for TT this morning.  Al Del Greco, a former Auburn kicker, has a sports show on Jox radio and he said Auburn had not fired TT, but they were looking for a new coach according to his sources in Auburn.  Its definitely entertaining to watch this happen when its not the Hogs.

TT is a great coach, but Saban took over the entire state of Alabama the day he was hired and Auburn has been an after thought ever since.  Its bad when you get kicked out of your own state. Auburn has to do something big to bring the excitement back for their program.

cbjagman

Quote from: opineonswine on December 03, 2008, 09:18:34 am
Paul Finebaum had Hooten on his show and quizzed him extensively about being a candidate.

You know Hooten....always out for Hooten.

Ole Miss fans beware.  You've been warned.
Once again Hooter proves that he is truly a legend in his own mind.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Tammany Tom on December 03, 2008, 09:16:48 am

That is great news for the rest of the SEC West. Tubs is a very good coach and there isn't a coach of his caliber avaliable right now that Auburn can replace him with.

san1981

Just reported on Dan Patrick show that the assistant coaches had been informed to clean out their offices.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 03, 2008, 09:26:39 am
That is great news for the rest of the SEC West. Tubs is a very good coach and there isn't a coach of his caliber avaliable right now that Auburn can replace him with.

That is true the Cow School will sink like a rock if they get at Quick Trigger.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Tusks

yeah i got no problems with tubb.....SECC....undefeated season....top 25 rankings.....he's a damn good coach.

something i read one time talked about coaches after they left the SEC....and most do NOT coach anywhere else....once they leave they are done with coaching most of the time...very few exceptions.

i know everyone is going to throw examples but the article focused on curry after KY....at that time mummy was not at NSU..like he isn't now...Ford....the last 3 GA coaches....LSU...except for Denardo...Auburn....TN....lots of coaches.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogchic2001

Quote from: san1981 on December 03, 2008, 09:28:40 am
Just reported on Dan Patrick show that the assistant coaches had been informed to clean out their offices.
Wow.
Go HOGS Go!

HawgWild

Surely Ole Piss put a "no compete" SEC clause in HDN's contract.

Tammany Tom

Don't know how reliable this info is, but someone (that other Auburn posters respect alot) just posted that Tubs is definetly out and will become the new Miss State coach. Others are posting that they have heard confirmation, too, that Tubs is definetly out.

hogchic2001

Quote from: HawgWild on December 03, 2008, 09:37:20 am
One would think.
Go HOGS Go!

HawgWild

Quote from: Tammany Tom on December 03, 2008, 09:37:56 am
Don't know how reliable this info is, but someone (that other Auburn posters respect alot) just posted that Tubs is definetly out and will become the new Miss State coach. Others are posting that they have heard confirmation, too, that Tubs is definetly out.

Tubby may be out at Auburn but he's not deperate enough to take the MisTake job. He can afford to wait until the seasson ends. There'll be other, better options open up.

aristotle

Quote from: HawgWild on December 03, 2008, 09:37:20 am

You mean like golden handcuffs? Hmmm

kcabrozaR

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 03, 2008, 09:26:39 am
You may not think it's so great if he shows up at Miss State.
WE EAT SAWDUST WE CRAP LOGS WE AIN'T NOTHING BUT MEAN ASS HOGS
          Do not argue with an idiot, people watching may not notice the difference!

hogchic2001

Quote from: Tammany Tom on December 03, 2008, 09:37:56 am
Tubs back in Mississippi, huh?  That would be interesting.  I didn't pay too much attention back when he was the coach at Ole Piss, but how good was he there...just curious.
Go HOGS Go!

Hogs4Ever

Interesting.  Big step up if Tubby goes to Miss State (for Miss State).  I think he would be a great candidate for the Clemsen job.

Tim Harris

I think he would leave the SEC if he was to be let go by Auburn.  I think it would be a mistake on their end with no known big name coach to replace him but I think it would be an even bigger mistake for TT to go to Miss State.

san1981

Just reported on Dan Patrick again Auburn wants Will Muschamp

BEvERage

Quote from: Hogs4Ever on December 03, 2008, 09:47:00 am
Interesting.  Big step up if Tubby goes to Miss State (for Miss State).  I think he would be a great candidate for the Clemsen job.

clemson has a coach.

HogNuttz

Quote from: hogchic2001 on December 03, 2008, 09:42:20 am
Tubs back in Mississippi, huh?  That would be interesting.  I didn't pay too much attention back when he was the coach at Ole Piss, but how good was he there...just curious.

Good enough Auburn offered him and he got out.

Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Tusks

Tim Harris

Quote from: san1981 on December 03, 2008, 09:51:01 am
Just reported on Dan Patrick again Auburn wants Will Muschamp

Isn't there a large buy out in his contract now that he is the coach in waiting for Texas?  I know buyouts won't stop someone from moving if they want to but would be something that could slow the process down and with recruiting I would think they need to get someone pretty quick.

psooie

Wow...auburn would roast 6 million by dumping TT...i would think TT would kick back for a year and pick a job next season rather than go to Miss State

HawgWild

Quote from: HogNuttz on December 03, 2008, 09:52:20 am
Good enough Auburn offered him and he got out.

Good enough that he was the front runner for the Arkansas job before HDN did his back door politicking and leap frogged into the job.

Tusks

that would be a tough call for muschamp....wait on brown or go to auburn right away....this thing may cost $10M for auburn....do they have that kind of $jack.....i'd be surprised.

PorkRyan

Quote from: nutted on December 03, 2008, 10:01:48 am
that would be a tough call for muschamp....wait on brown or go to auburn right away....this thing may cost $10M for auburn....do they have that kind of $jack.....i'd be surprised.

Bobby Lowder will take care of that with no problem.

woodhog14

OTTER

Quote from: nutted on December 03, 2008, 10:01:48 am
Make no mistake about it--Auburn has money!!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Could this lead to some transfers (Ziemba, Burns)?

Lard

Quote from: OTTER on December 03, 2008, 10:06:33 am
Make no mistake about it--Auburn has money!!
They did.......but it all comes from Bobby Lowder who is a banker.......I'll bet he doesn't have nearly as much money as he had about two years ago.  If he does have some, the Feds are probably ensuring that he holds onto it in case his bank needs a capital infusion.
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

LZH

Aubbie is gonna have to cough up some serious $$$ to find a big-name coach if they wanna compete with 'Bama and Saban in that state for the next few years.  Has anyone mentioned BYU or Boise's coaches?

HawgWild

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 03, 2008, 10:10:25 am
Could this lead to some transfers (Ziemba, Burns)?

Ziemba's ties were more with the university than TT; both his parents were Auburn alums. I always had the opinion that Burns would have gone to UA had HDN showed him more attention.

SquidBilly

Notre Dame would be wise to go after Tuberville if he gets let go at Auburn.  He is 10 times the coach and person that Charlie Weiss is.

Quote from: ATLpiggie on December 03, 2008, 10:22:19 am
He is 10 times the coach and person that Charlie Weiss is.

That's not that hard to find.
Proud member of the War Memorial Mafia

Lard

Quote from: ATLpiggie on December 03, 2008, 10:22:19 am
Notre Dame would be wise to go after Tuberville if he gets let go at Auburn.  He is 10 times the coach and person that Charlie Weiss is.
Tuberville is Church of Christ though........that wouldn't fly in Catholicville.
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

tcolinm

Who in the world would Auburn go after? I have a feeling Muschamp isnt going anywhere... Maybe Pederson(sp?) or Mendenhall from the Mountain West?

AuburnHog

Quote from: woodhog14 on December 03, 2008, 10:04:53 am
Yep

You know.  I know Lowder has the money to do it, but man, what a way to spend your money.  The economy is in the dumper and Colonial Bank (Lowder's bank) is suffering so you fire a perfectly good coach with no good candidates to replace him with. 

Tim Harris

Quote from: DixieHawg on December 03, 2008, 10:26:02 am
Who in the world would Auburn go after? I have a feeling Muschamp isnt going anywhere... Maybe Pederson(sp?) or Mendenhall from the Mountain West?

Leach at Texas Tech....Just a guess really but to compete for recruits in the SEC they are going to have to bring someone in who is a household name.

HawgWild

Quote from: DixieHawg on December 03, 2008, 10:26:02 am

Brown has 7 more years on his contract at Texas. It will be interesting if a big time BCS school makes a run at Muschamp. It would cost Texas big bucks to keep him. (I don't recall there being a buy out in his new contract.) Could even Texas afford to pay 2 head coaches salaries for 7 years? Probably.

Biggus Piggus

WJOX in Birmingham was talking like Tuberville is out, but then they said "Is there any chance Tuberville survives this?"  I hate talk radio.
[CENSORED]!

tcolinm

Ha, im sure... It will definitely be interesting just watching how long Brown stays around with Will waiting... its been awkward in Seattle this year with Mora waiting behind Holmgren

ekyle1

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 03, 2008, 10:32:49 am
WJOX in Birmingham was talking like Tuberville is out, but then they said "Is there any chance Tuberville survives this?"  I hate talk radio.
You got me excited on your Bobby is out post....

HotlantaHog

1. If you oust TT after an outstanding record, why would another top-rated coach go there? Could they do better than TT? It would be very difficult, especially in the current environment.

2. TT would have been a great fit at Clemson, but that horse has left the barn.

3. Mississippi State is a tough place to win because of issues such as its location, recruiting base and facilities, and TT would be smart to find a better job elsewhere. His record is great, and he should have no problem finding a top job at a decent school, a la Ron Zook landing at Illinois and Houston Nutt at Ole Miss.

4. The SEC West can be thankful for TT leaving. Whoever they hire is likely to be less of a power than TT. It seems doubtful that the transition can be seamless.

5. Why again would Auburn fire this outstanding coach?

GWFan

Quote from: HotlantaHog on December 03, 2008, 10:44:40 am

5. Why again would Auburn fire this outstanding coach?
Didn't Arkansas do the same to Nutt?

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: ekyle1 on December 03, 2008, 10:35:57 am
You got me excited on your Bobby is out post....

They said somebody else on their station reported that Tuberville is out, but they have no confirmation.
[CENSORED]!