Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don’t cry for me Argentina!

Started by ALLVOL, December 01, 2008, 05:09:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cityhog

Quote from: ALLVOL on December 01, 2008, 05:16:17 pm
Butch Davis was my first choice. I think he is the best overall coach in the NCAA. We all but had him. The money was not the issue, a title and responsibilities were.

Of course you did.  As did we.

ALLVOL

Quote from: ATLpiggie on December 02, 2008, 08:14:47 pm
Read the reference you link before you start calling anyone out for their facts:

Despite all the teams achievements, Kiffin's work with the Trojans over his two-year period as offensive coordinator is sometimes harshly judged for what it did not accomplish – win national championships – as compared to the previous two seasons in 2003 and 2004  Furthermore offensive play-calling responsibilities for USC were shared during this period with QB coach Steve Sarkisian having on-the-field approval for Kiffin’s suggestions and head coach Pete Carroll maintaining veto power. Lack of clarity and final say over play calling responsibility has left some controversy over how much decision making power Kiffin wielded versus Sarkisian and Carroll during his two-year tenure as offensive coordinator.

I guess you missed this.

I should also add that Pete C was on the sports talk radio yesterday afternoon on the local Knoxville station and Pete himself stated "Lane called the plays and was the OC. You guys know how rumors get started, I cant tell you why but they do but he was the OC and called the plays".

ALLVOL

Quote from: Feralhog on December 02, 2008, 08:45:09 pm
I assume we have a post from you, long before the news hit the wire, stating the deal with BD fell through and Tenn was hiring Kiffin?
It didnt fall through until Friday Morning when the UT AD called BD camp and moved on. Then they called Kiffin and the deal was done and reports were all over the place. I didnt need to post it.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Feralhog on December 02, 2008, 08:42:13 pm
Not a slap at Arkansas and you can place all the frieken quotation marks around "sources" you want.  I'll stand by my reputation for bringing accurate info to this board.  Bottom line is this slick.  The people I know in the loop WOULD know if BD was having serious talks with Tennessee.  In a word, your source sux.
I have always been respectful to people on this site.

As for where I got my info it came from not only UT but NC as well. You dont have to believe me and thats fine. I know what I know and its factual. BD never directly talked to UT. I never said he did. But his agent... Like I said, it happened.

hog.goblin

Quote from: ALLVOL on December 03, 2008, 10:58:25 am
I have always been respectful to people on this site.

Yes you have...stick around it's good to have you on board. 

pitbull1

AllVol, I enjoy chatting and having fun with you, stick around!

irishman

Quote from: ALLVOL on December 02, 2008, 04:19:12 pm
I know what you mean. I am amazed that so many Hog fans dislike UT. Most UT fans I know are stunned to find that out. LSU, Ole Miss and Alabama make much more sense to me. But for what ever reason there are some who hate UT. What ever...

most of that hatred for me comes from the 98 game. Nothing personnal but that game was tramatic

SquidBilly

Quote from: ALLVOL on December 03, 2008, 10:52:50 am
I guess you missed this.

I should also add that Pete C was on the sports talk radio yesterday afternoon on the local Knoxville station and Pete himself stated "Lane called the plays and was the OC. You guys know how rumors get started, I cant tell you why but they do but he was the OC and called the plays".

No I read that from your previous post but I assume that Carroll and Kiffin were friends having worked together at USC.  I wouldn't expect Carroll to come on a Tennessee station and say anything but good things about Kiffin and he certainly wouldn't step on Kiffin's credibility by saying yes he called the plays, but their were two levels of approval those plays had to go through before we actually signalled them in.  What purpose would that have served for Carroll to have done that to his friend?

ALLVOL

Quote from: ATLpiggie on December 03, 2008, 12:32:27 pm
No I read that from your previous post but I assume that Carroll and Kiffin were friends having worked together at USC.  I wouldn't expect Carroll to come on a Tennessee station and say anything but good things about Kiffin and he certainly wouldn't step on Kiffin's credibility by saying yes he called the plays, but their were two levels of approval those plays had to go through before we actually signalled them in.  What purpose would that have served for Carroll to have done that to his friend?
The point is Pete said none of that was true. He said that he as head coach had the right to override all plays called and does sparingly with all OC he's had. But he said this whole thing about LK not having a great offensive mind and not having authority to call plays is false. In fact he made LK OC and Recruiting Coodinator at the same time and that doesnt happen. Aksed why he did that? Petes answer was because I knew he could handle it.

ALLVOL

Besides if Steve Sarkisian  was so much better at calling plays why didnt PC just make him OC and QB coach which is VERY common? Why even put LK in the position of OC if he wasnt going to let him call the plays? That just doesnt add up.

hawgsav1

Quote from: ALLVOL on December 03, 2008, 03:12:46 pm
Besides if Steve Sarkisian  was so much better at calling plays why didnt PC just make him OC and QB coach which is VERY common? Why even put LK in the position of OC if he wasnt going to let him call the plays? That just doesnt add up.

As weird as it sounds, it is actually true.  I do have a reputable source if you want to know how I know.  PM if you want to discuss. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb