Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OU win's Big 12 South

Started by hogs25, November 30, 2008, 03:33:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogs25

hogs25

I can't find a link for nothing but it was just announced on Fox and they had #1 Bama and #2 OU. 

HogNuttz

Frick yeah.

That wind from the South is the collective pissing and moaning of 20,000,000 Longhorn fans.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Bryan (CHF)

Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

WMHawgfan

They may still end up in the NC game though. If Florida beats Bama it still may not be enough for them to overtake Texas and we end up with UT and OU in NC game.

ronmahony

That's kinda weird, TT didfn't get much respect for beating the number 3 team, and being in a 3 way tie. looks like they should be 2-3-4
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Bryan (CHF)

Quote from: WMHawgfan on November 30, 2008, 03:45:35 pm
They may still end up in the NC game though. If Florida beats Bama it still may not be enough for them to overtake Texas and we end up with UT and OU in NC game.
Highly unlikely. The winner of the SEC Championship game will be #1 or #2 when its all said and done. The winner of the Big 12 will be the other one.
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

Hawgrox

Quote from: Camden_Hogfan on November 30, 2008, 03:47:02 pm
Highly unlikely. The winner of the SEC Championship game will be #1 or #2 when its all said and done. The winner of the Big 12 will be the other one.

Even if it's Missouri?

HogNuttz

Computers will love Florida if they beat 'Bama, as will a bunch of pollsters.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

regi

Why do we love CFB so much? This is crap (no matter how much I hate the shorthorns). OU has a very poor defense. UF will kick the crap out of them in the NC game for their 5th straight BCS loss. What is the infatuation between Stoops and the Harris poll?

Bryan (CHF)

Quote from: Hawgrox on November 30, 2008, 03:48:08 pm
Even if it's Missouri?
Oh, no, then it will be Texas. I was just making the point the final will be SEC vs Big 12, not SEC-SEC or Big 12-Big 12

hogs25

If they don't kill the BCS now it's never going to happen.  Nobody understands it and nobody cares to understand but a few geeks.  Could you imagine a Final 4 in football.  It'd make the basketball FF look like Ned and the first reader.

Slacker

I loath Texas, but I have to say I think they got hosed.

intoxhog

Quote from: regi on November 30, 2008, 03:48:39 pm
Why do we love CFB so much? This is crap (no matter how much I hate the shorthorns). OU has a very poor defense. UF will kick the crap out of them in the NC game for their 5th straight BCS loss. What is the infatuation between Stoops and the Harris poll?
We will see, because Ole piss beat UF at their crib then OU has a chance in a netural site.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

regi

Quote from: intoxhog on November 30, 2008, 03:52:00 pm
We will see, because Ole piss beat UF at their crib then OU has a chance in a netural site.

Have not watched must football this year or in your life have ya? Florida will have more problems with Saban than with OU.

Bubba's Bruisers

Crap, now I've got to get on my Big10 soapbox.  It looks again like an undeserving Ohio State will make the BCS.  I'll bet it's the Fiesta against the Horns. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Cajun Hog

Hawgrox

Quote from: Camden_Hogfan on November 30, 2008, 03:50:16 pm
Oh, no, then it will be Texas. I was just making the point the final will be SEC vs Big 12, not SEC-SEC or Big 12-Big 12

Got it!

It's just hard to say "Texas Got Screwed"...but it's true.

hawgwash

Not to worry guys, help is on the way.  Obama is gonna fix this thing by getting a playoff system in place.  Just as soon as he wraps up a couple of wars and takes care of a little economic situation we have now.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: regi on November 30, 2008, 03:54:22 pm
Have not watched must football this year or in your life have ya? Florida will have more problems with Saban than with OU.

Very true.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

HogNuttz

Quote from: regi on November 30, 2008, 03:48:39 pm

You do know Texas passed OU in the Harris poll despite OU winning against a solid ranked team on the road right?  If you call that infatuation in favor of Stoops, I'd hate to see an infatuation with Brown.

Bryan (CHF)

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 30, 2008, 03:57:10 pm
Crap, now I've got to get on my Big10 soapbox.  It looks again like an undeserving Ohio State will make the BCS.  I'll bet it's the Fiesta against the Horns. 
Yeap. They will by pass the other mid-majors ranked ahead of them to pull Ohio State in.

regi

Quote from: HogNuttz on November 30, 2008, 03:58:45 pm
You do know Texas passed OU in the Harris poll despite OU winning against a solid ranked team on the road right?  If you call that infatuation in favor of Stoops, I'd hate to see an infatuation with Brown.

About time, after 6 weeks. An ass kickin is an ass kickin. OU should not be ahaed of Texas because they put 100 points on this years Boise State.

hogs25

Quote from: Hawgrox on November 30, 2008, 03:48:08 pm
Even if it's Missouri?

If MO wins it'll be SEC vs Texas or USC.  But I remember a story on ESPiN a while back that said that no team that didn't win their conference championship could not play for the national championship.  I guess we'll find out.  USC still has to play UCLA.

HogNuttz

Quote from: regi on November 30, 2008, 04:01:35 pm
About time, after 6 weeks. An ass kickin is an ass kickin. OU should not be ahaed of Texas because they put 100 points on this years Boise State.

Then maybe they should be ahead of Texas because Texas lost to this years Bosie St.

Bryan (CHF)

Quote from: hogs25 on November 30, 2008, 04:01:39 pm
If MO wins it'll be SEC vs Texas or USC.  But I remember a story on ESPiN a while back that said that no team that didn't win their conference championship could not play for the national championship.  I guess we'll find out.  USC still has to play UCLA.
The BCS hasn't wrote that rule in yet, even though many want them too. I think if the scenario plays out, we could hear a bigger cry for it in the offseason while they are doing their "tweaks". I doubt USC can make up the ground to be #2.

Bubba's Bruisers

I think that's unlikely, but it's been my little conspiracy threory over the past week or so that the BCS might put both OU and TX in the NC game.  Especially now that there will be a perception that TX has been screwed.  That they should play again to finally settle it.  Remember how so many were advocating an OSU/MI rematch for the NC game a few years back?  What a travesty that would have been.

hawgalujah

Quote from: Slacker on November 30, 2008, 03:51:30 pm
I loath Texas, but I have to say I think they got hosed.

I couldn't agree more.
Once a  :razorback:, Always a  :razorback:..Unless you're a Nutt!

fearless_leader

If Alabama opens up a 14-0 lead on Florida - the game isn't over.

If Florida opens up a 14-0 lead on Alabama - the game is probably over.

The two best teams in the country right now are Florida and USC.    Texas is 3rd best in my mind - and the idea that OU goes to the BIG12 title game over a team that's TIED with them and BEAT them head to head is silly.

If there were a true playoff, we'll say 16 teams, here is how they'd be seeded:

1 - Alabama
16 - Georgia

8 - Penn State
9 - Boise State

4 - Texas
13 - Cincinnati

5 - USC
12 - Ball State (the horror, the horror!)

3 - Florida
14 - Oklahoma State

6 - Texas Tech
11 - TCU

7 - Utah
10 - Ohio State

2 - Oklahoma
15 - Georgia Tech

Wouldn't that be a great way to finish out the season?

Shorten the season back to 11 games - make conference finals the weekend of Thanksgiving and then start a 4 week tournament the following weekend. 

And start letting all teams, bowl bound or not, to get the extra practices. 

regi

Quote from: HogNuttz on November 30, 2008, 04:03:57 pm
Then maybe they should be ahead of Texas because Texas lost to this years Bosie St.

At this years Boise State when a True Freshman safety dropped a game clinching Int.

judgeroyswine

Since I can't change what these National Dunderheads have done, I will look to the future.

And nothing makes me smile more than the thought of OU humiliated on the national stage.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

regi

November 30, 2008, 04:09:40 pm #31 Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 04:15:30 pm by regi
Quote from: judgeroyswine on November 30, 2008, 04:07:32 pm
Since I can't change what these National Dunderheads have done, I will look to the future.

And nothing makes me smile more than the thought of OU humiliated on the national stage.

I love watching Stoop's halftime interview with a female sideline reporter as OU is getting their ass handed to them. Priceless. No matter if it was LSU, USC, West Virginia or Boise, he was a and is a bitch.

HogNuttz

Quote from: regi on November 30, 2008, 04:07:03 pm
At this years Boise State when a True Freshman safety dropped a game clinching Int.

It was your argument.  Don't try to argue the other side now.

How can we be certain that if Fla wins the CC, they will jump Texas.  OU hammered the #2 team, TT, and didn't jump Texas at that point.  What if Fla beats Bama barely and Bama drops but Fla doesn't move up.  We'd be looking at OU/TX lined up for the NC game.  Also, remember when an over powering OU met K. ST. in the Big 12 championship in  03 and K.St. beat them like 37-7.  Truly isn't no team in the NC quite yet. 

hogs25

Just noticed that the AP has

#1 Bama
#2 Florida

I'm glad we're friends with ESPN again.  They know who the big dogs are.  I bet Texas fans are going ape hit.

HogNuttz

Alabama if they win is the only lock for the NC.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: 12247 on November 30, 2008, 04:14:02 pm
How can we be certain that if Fla wins the CC, they will jump Texas.  OU hammered the #2 team, TT, and didn't jump Texas at that point.  What if Fla beats Bama barely and Bama drops but Fla doesn't move up.  We'd be looking at OU/TX lined up for the NC game.  Also, remember when an over powering OU met K. ST. in the Big 12 championship in  03 and K.St. beat them like 37-7.  Truly isn't no team in the NC quite yet. 

This is the point I've been trying to make too.

Right now, there are only 2 teams guaranteed to get in the NC game if they win out...AL and OU.  FL is extremely likely to get in if they win out, but not guaranteed.

Bryan (CHF)

Quote from: 12247 on November 30, 2008, 04:14:02 pm
Beating the #1 undefeated team in the country will at least get them #2 in the polls. Florida is 0.8900 in the BCS and Texas is 0.9200. Since Texas is done, they can't improve their resume, Florida can.

oldbooniehog

How many times does stuff like this have to happen before the ugly truth of the BCS is finally totally undeniable?

NCAA football is officially a very bad joke.

It doesn't matter who you beat on the field.

The only thing that matters is how many ESPN idiots want to run their tongues up and down your jersey.

College football is officially a very bad joke.....AGAIN.

No credibility...none.

And just wait until the Southern Cal hype gets going good.....let USC beat UCLA, and the very same idiots that have brought you OU as the Big 12 South champs will find a way to get the Men of Toy (the "r" is missing on purpose) in the so-called National Title game, too.

This is stupid. Wrong. Disgusting. Idiotic.

obh

regi

Quote from: HogNuttz on November 30, 2008, 04:12:44 pm
It was your argument.  Don't try to argue the other side now.

My arguement is 45-35, and how the media led by ESPN has made OU's thrashing of  the Big 12's version of OleMiss (TT) somehow more important than getting your ass kicked on a nuetral field.

hawgwash

Quote from: oldbooniehog on November 30, 2008, 04:18:42 pm
How many times does stuff like this have to happen before the ugly truth of the BCS is finally totally undeniable?

NCAA football is officially a very bad joke.

It doesn't matter who you beat on the field.

The only thing that matters is how many ESPN idiots want to run their tongues up and down your jersey.

College football is officially a very bad joke.....AGAIN.

No credibility...none.

And just wait until the Southern Cal hype gets going good.....let USC beat UCLA, and the very same idiots that have brought you OU as the Big 12 South champs will find a way to get the Men of Toy (the "r" is missing on purpose) in the so-called National Title game, too.

This is stupid. Wrong. Disgusting. Idiotic.

obh
Actually, the ESPN idiots I listened to last night were running their tongues up and down a Texas jersey.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hawgwash on November 30, 2008, 04:23:39 pm
Actually, the ESPN idiots I listened to last night were running their tongues up and down a Texas jersey.

Yes, just about every talking head I've heard, ESPN or not, have continually been Texas leans.  That's why I'm surprised OU made the leap.

oldbooniehog

I believe it was Kirk Herbstreidt who said last night, "I'll be shocked...SHOCKED if OU doesn't jump ahead of Texas."

ua_hogs

Quote from: oldbooniehog on November 30, 2008, 04:28:31 pm
I believe it was Kirk Herbstreidt who said last night, "I'll be shocked...SHOCKED if OU doesn't jump ahead of Texas."

he also stated that he believed the head to head match up between the two should come into play, stating that texas deserved to be ahead of OU, but that he would be shocked if it actually happened. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: oldbooniehog on November 30, 2008, 04:28:31 pm

He certainly did, but just before he said that, he gave his opinion that OU shouldn't jump TX based on the head to head.  To me, his opinion was that TX should stay ahead of OU, but that he still thought OU would get the nod anyway.

hayesnjess

Quote from: regi on November 30, 2008, 04:19:44 pm
My arguement is 45-35, and how the media led by ESPN has made OU's thrashing of  the Big 12's version of OleMiss (TT) somehow more important than getting your ass kicked on a nuetral field.

Didn't OU lead that game until about halfway through the 4th quarter?  Hardly an ass kicking.
Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on June 01, 2008, 02:13:24 pm
Cornhole her when she's on the leg curl machine.  She will know you mean business then.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

ua_hogs

i just dont see how anyone that doesnt believe in a playoff system can seriously argue that the season is a virtual playoff.  tell that to texas who knocked off OU but doesnt have a chance.  i hate texas but they got screwed and so did college football fans.

OklaU

Boy a lot of hating going on.  It was a 3-way tie that was broken by the BCS ranking.  This had nothing to do with national picture it was means to break the Big 12 3-way tie.  Regardless of what some may say about Texas Tech being out of the picture...you can't put them out of the picture...in the end it was a 3-way tie.

I know Texas won head to head.  But that's now the system works because it was a 3-way tie. 

"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

ua_hogs

Quote from: OklaU on November 30, 2008, 04:35:08 pm
Boy a lot of hating going on.  It was a 3-way tie that was broken by the BCS ranking.  This had nothing to do with national picture it was means to break the Big 12 3-way tie.  Regardless of what some may say about Texas Tech being out of the picture...you can't put them out of the picture...in the end it was a 3-way tie.

I know Texas won head to head.  But that's now the system works because it was a 3-way tie. 

the system is broke, thats the problem.

OklaU

Quote from: ua_hogs on November 30, 2008, 04:36:14 pm
the system is broke, thats the problem.

In this case I disagree.  It was the only means to break a 3-way tie.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."