Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your vote to move on?

Texas
122 (58.7%)
Oklahoma
86 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 197

gtaylor

As much as I hate to say it, I think Texas.  I think they have the better defense.

Throwback1

Quote from: HoopS on December 03, 2008, 10:01:34 am
If OU wouldn't have beaten Tech, Texas would have still not played in the B12 title game. 
BUT, they would be #2 in the BCS rankings right now, and a TT win in the Big 12 Championship over Mo., if that happened, would not result in TT moving up enough in the BCS machinations to overtake UT at #2, therefore, it would have been UT vs. the Bama/Fla. winner for the national title.
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

swinecrazy

im not the biggest OU fan either but i will take them over texass anyday. OU is the most physical team in the country, and im looking forward to BCS game, it will be the best BCS game the country has had in awhile no matter if its alabama or flordia.

HoopS

I hear ya, throwback.   Just reminding Texas that if not for Oklahoma, they would not have a leg to stand on in this whole thing. 

If Tech would have won, they would have been 1 or 2 in the BCS and they would be the ones playing Bama or Florida.  Not Texas.  No way they would forsake an S.E.C heavyweight to have a rematch.   Well, they could have, but it would have been one ugly mess...much worse than Tex missing the B12 championship game. 

HoopS

I hear ya, throwback.   Just reminding Texas that if not for Oklahoma, they would not have a leg to stand on in this whole thing. 

If Tech would have won, they would have been 1 or 2 in the BCS and they would be the ones playing Bama or Florida.  Not Texas.  No way they would forsake an S.E.C heavyweight to have a rematch.   Well, they could have, but it would have been one ugly mess...much worse than Tex missing the B12 championship game. 

Throwback1

But if OU had lost and TT had won the Big 12 title, Texas plays for the championship.  TT is way too far behind to jump over what would have been a #2 Texas.  That is why UT is so mad.  They beat OU head to head on the field, same record, and OU's jump (in the computers, btw) knocked UT out of the championship game.  This is about principle, to me, not UT, who I've hated for about 40 years.
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

HoopS

Texas Tech would have finished 12-0, having beaten Texas and Oklahoma....how do you figure Texas would have been ranked ahead of them?   Tech was way up the polls until they lost.   

Throwback1

I got confused, old age. Thought you were talking about the OU/OSU game last week. You are absolutely correct.  UT did want OU to win vs. TT, figuring that the head to head matchup would then give them the edge over OU.  My apologies.

HoopS

No worries.   :D

I figured we were on the same page....just reading a different line or something. 

And by the way, it is hard to argue on behalf of Texas.  it is particularily hard when you live close to them like I do.   

Throwback1

arklahoman36

Quote from: swinecrazy on December 03, 2008, 06:29:24 pm
im not the biggest OU fan either but i will take them over texass anyday. OU is the most physical team in the country, and im looking forward to BCS game, it will be the best BCS game the country has had in awhile no matter if its alabama or flordia.

I'm an OU fan and I call BS on this one -- OU isn't the most physical team in the country.

swinecrazy

36 you don't know what ur talking about, the only team close is Alabama. just look at their skill players, stud tight ends, receivers and backs, and probably the best offensive line in the country, tell me now there not the most physical team in the country.