Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got a great OU/OSU game coming on.....

Started by Boarcephus, November 29, 2008, 07:17:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

For those of you who, like me, doesn't have a life, kick back and enjoy because it should be a good one.   Damn shame we have to listen to Mussberger again. 

Be kinda neat to see the Pokes throttle them and they just forced OU to a three and out to start the game.

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

clew

Game may be over before it gets very far...
Pure as the dawn

The Original 69

Looks like this could get ugly quick. 7-0 OU

Boarcephus

Quote from: PhotHOGrapher on November 29, 2008, 07:20:35 pm
Game may be over before it gets very far...

Yep.  Interception, return to the 20, TD OU on the next play.  Oh well, it was just a dollar.  ;)
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

win-streak

OU's defense if freakin awesome!  Can we get their DC?

win-streak

Boarcephus

Quote from: win-streak on November 29, 2008, 07:27:29 pm
OU's defense if freakin awesome!  Can we get their DC?

Screw that, I want their talent!

win-streak

How about a compromise, we'll get their talent and their DC?

win-streak

Sweet!  Texas did a banner for the OU/OSU game!!! Freakin Hilarious

Bubba's Bruisers

November 29, 2008, 07:35:09 pm #9 Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 10:17:36 pm by Bubba's Bruisers

nm
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Boarcephus

Quote from: win-streak on November 29, 2008, 07:31:16 pm
How about a compromise, we'll get their talent and their DC?

We'd better hurry, Venables will not be there long.  Wonder if he might be a candidate for MSU?

win-streak

Sweet!  Texas did a banner for the OU/OSU game!!! Freakin Hilarious

josh_sec33

I'm not sure what I want to happen.

OU to win to force the travesty of the three way tie... or OSU to win allowing Texas Tech into the Big 12 Title game.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

win-streak

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 29, 2008, 07:35:09 pm
...which is why the correct NC matchup is FL vs. OU assuming they both win out.  I sure hope OU leapfrogs TX in the BCS if OU wins tonight.

I don't know, I think give Texas the leg up.

win-streak

Quote from: josh_sec33 on November 29, 2008, 07:36:47 pm
I'm not sure what I want to happen.

OU to win to force the travesty of the three way tie... or OSU to win allowing Texas Tech into the Big 12 Title game.

That is a tough choice.  I'm now torn.

philobeddoe

OU's offensive line is awesome.  They are whipping OSU's d-line.

philobeddoe

OU is crazy for not running the ball more. 

Bubba's Bruisers

November 29, 2008, 07:46:26 pm #17 Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 10:15:41 pm by Bubba's Bruisers
Quote from: win-streak on November 29, 2008, 07:37:53 pm
I don't know, I think give Texas the leg up.

Maybe, but OU really closed the gap after last weekend.  Most experts predict OU will jump TX this week if they beat OSU convincingly.  The reason is that the computers (1/3 of the BCS formula) will reward OU for playing a highly ranked team while TX beat up on a bad team.  That along with the likelihood that some voters (2/3 of the BCS formula) will defect from TX and vote OU ultimately putting them on top.

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

songofthesword

i think texas is better than OU... OU just beats up on pancakes. OSU will expose them tonight

Wayne Watson

ABC commentators suck.  They should have made Al Michaels do the game.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

philobeddoe

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 29, 2008, 07:51:20 pm

And brought back Dan Deirdorf (sp?) for color.

The Original 69

The Original 69

razorbrass

I would love to see OU get beat.  Tech would go to championship game thus eliminating any big 12 team from the Nat. Championship game.  That would be awesome!
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

philobeddoe

I still can't believe OU is not running the ball more.

philobeddoe

Just as I say that Murray gets thumped.   :)

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: razorbrass on November 29, 2008, 08:01:34 pm
I would love to see OU get beat.  Tech would go to championship game thus eliminating any big 12 team from the Nat. Championship game.  That would be awesome!

That would be comical.  It's so ironic that TX has to root for OU to have any chance at a NC.  I still wonder if TT doesn't get back in the NC picture if they go on to win the Big12 championship.  It would certainly put USC squarely in the NC picture again...espcially if Oregon St. loses tonight, which looks likely.  I could also see TX still get in even if they didn't win their own division...it is the BCS you know.

philobeddoe

songofthesword

Quote from: razorbrass on November 29, 2008, 08:01:34 pm
did tech beat baylor today?

Boarcephus

Bubba's Bruisers

Wayne Watson

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 29, 2008, 07:51:20 pm

Who the hell is Boone T. Pickens?

Mushburger must be drunk.
We don't rent pigs

songofthesword

pickens is one of the richest men in the world. oil magnete

bosshawg38

OSU's QB Robinson is running for his life from OU's pass rush

Boarcephus

Quote from: bosshawg38 on November 29, 2008, 08:26:26 pm
OSU's QB Robinson is running for his life from OU's pass rush

That last one for a first down was a thing of beauty. 

songofthesword

Wayne Watson

Quote from: songofthesword on November 29, 2008, 08:25:35 pm
pickens is one of the richest men in the world. oil magnete

I know who he is.  Looks like ABC would know is name.
We don't rent pigs

bosshawg38

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 29, 2008, 08:27:10 pm
That last one for a first down was a thing of beauty. 

Agreed. But it will be a long night for OSU if Robinson either doesn't get more protection or his receivers don't start getting open.

josh_sec33

If OU falls, then Texass would move up to number 2 in the BCS standings, with the winner of the SEC game staying or moving up to number 1 more than likely.

TT going to the Big XII title game probably clinches UTerus a nat'l title shot.

ok...now I'm REALLY sick.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

win-streak

I think we would then have an issue with TT winning it's division and not playing for the NC

win-streak

win-streak

Bradford was down.  it would be wrong if they don't over turn this.

Hogsooey

Quote from: wayne1958 on November 29, 2008, 08:18:55 pm
Who the hell is Boone T. Pickens?

Mushburger must be drunk.

Yeah, that made me laugh. 

I've convinced myself that I've seen enough to know these Big 12 teams are way too one dimensional to beat a Florida, an Alabama, or a USC.  You can't line up in the shotgun 90% of the time and throw the ball and expect to win against those defenses.  Plus, I'm not convinced a Big 12 team can stop an SEC team like Florida or Alabama who can run the ball.  It's especially hard to do when you haven't seen a team ALL year that can do it. 

Boarcephus

Man, ref's blew that call.  OSU could be back in it.

hoghelmet14

well... I aint never seen that before.... OSU scores but OU gets the 2 pt conversion... LOL
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

reds10

nwa_razorback_coffee

Boy that tip off the other receiver should propel them to the national championship game.  **rolls eyes

ronmahony

Man, that was 2 strange scores in a row, Huh?
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

reds10

nwa_razorback_coffee