Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Croom is Out per Tim Brando

Started by WilsonHog, November 29, 2008, 04:19:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

The State people felt the pressure of Houston Nutt's instant success at Ole Miss.

I swear, Brando must have an IV hooked up to Nutt's pecker.

josh_sec33

Please. I guess no at State bothered to look at the recruiting rankings. But I agree with the IV.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

RazorNoles

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 29, 2008, 04:19:23 pm
That visual just caused me to Tim Brando.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

You need a Doctors order for that

josh_sec33

I didn't know TP had a medical license too.

;)
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

hawgsav1

I saw that.  I was like "Wow...what a shameless plug"
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

ekyle1

It could'nt be Croom's overall record..... Brando = Nutt love'n idiot!!!

razored

Jealousy and Ignorance have no limits.
I think that I remember a friend of a friend had an acquaintance that heard through the grapevine that Brando may have some latent tendencies when it involves football coaches with suggestive names.

hoghearted

Quote from: PorkOpine on November 29, 2008, 04:28:52 pm
We need devicehigh to design a less than flattering video clip about Brando plugging TCTWF.

:P
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Torqued pork

Brando needs to be flogged the next time he enters this state.

3kgthog

There goes TCTWF. Running more people off. What a jerk.

BSEE78

The State people felt the pressure of Houston Nutt's instant success at Ole Miss.

Let little Timmy B. sing his song and remember this:  Nutt's long term survival has always been based on keeping expectations low.

josh_sec33

TCTWF is amazing. Not only can he throw his own players under a bus, he's now moved on to throwing other team's coaches under the bus as well.

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

hog_fan

Should have let them fire him and get more money.

lovetthog1

The sun don't shine on the same dog's a** every day, but it sure spends a lot of time on Nutts. Apparently so does TB.

HOGSWEAT

I heard that too and I had to figure out whether I was hearing correctly.

El Puerco

Boy was pushing him out dumb.  Nutt's "success" surely played a role but WTH?  Do these people make major decisions based on sound bites and impulsivity?  Is everybody retarded?  Anybody that does 3 minutes of critical thinking realizes that Nutt isn't what caused this shift - it's been Orgeron's players from the start.
Croom had a solid group of recruits.....kiss that goodbye - many will go to Ole Miss.  If they lose their recent recruiting foothold, they'll be sorry.
Shoulda kept Croom, dummies.  Maybe insist on a shake-up with the assistants but your problem wasn't head coaching.

rlreev01

I did not know until yesterday that Brando lives in Shreveport.  I though he would be better informed about Nutt if he were from this area.  He's obviously been smoking too many crawdads.

RazorNoles

Quote from: El Puerco on November 29, 2008, 04:48:35 pm
Boy was pushing him out dumb.  Nutt's "success" surely played a role but WTH?  Do these people make major decisions based on sound bites and impulsivity?  Is everybody retarded?  Anybody that does 3 minutes of critical thinking realizes that Nutt isn't what caused this shift - it's been Orgeron's players from the start.
Croom had a solid group of recruits.....kiss that goodbye - many will go to Ole Miss.  If they lose their recent recruiting foothold, they'll be sorry.
Shoulda kept Croom, dummies.  Maybe insist on a shake-up with the assistants but your problem wasn't head coaching.

Here is a look at the qualifications for MSU's Athletic Director Greg Byrne. Thank God we have Jeff Long.

He attended Arizona State University. He started working around athletics working for the Fiesta Bowl. Then he was the director of the "Duck Club" for the University of Oregon. In 1998, Byrne went from Oregon to Oregon State University, as the director of the "Beaver Club". In 2002 he took a job at the University of Kentucky as a assiant athletics director. In 2005 he worked for a litigation support software company, CaseLogistix, out of Jackson, Mississippi. In 2006, Byrne took the "Bulldog Club" director job for Mississippi State University. He was hired earlier this year as Athletic Director for MSU.

What a joke.

El Puerco

Croom was solid and guys, clearly, wanted to come play for him.  Knee jerk stupid decision.

Dances With Hogs

I just hope TCTGF dosn't get any of MS State recruits.
Quote from: PorkOpine on November 29, 2008, 04:22:30 pm
I just heard that...and laughed.

Fort Swine

I smell a play for TCTWF to get more money.  There is an ATV waiting on the campus of Ole Piss to take HDN to Stankville. 

Tim Brando is a talking head that has nothing better to do that knob HDN.  He can't stand we upgraded caoches and will be better in the long run. 
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: PorkOpine on November 29, 2008, 04:28:52 pm
We need devicehigh to design a less than flattering video clip about Brando plugging TCTWF.

Shouldn't that be the other way around?
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

Quote from: BSEE78 on November 29, 2008, 04:37:18 pm
Let little Timmy B. sing his song and remember this:  Nutt's long term survival has always been based on keeping expectations low.

Yep.  And Paw Paw's not at Mississippi helping keep expectations low.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

ChicoHog

I think Croom is a solid guy and most people speak highly of him but let's face it, his results were very poor except last year.  Maybe he deserved one more year but yesterday's game made MSU look like a poorly prepared high school team.  each year the pressure to win gets greater in the SEC and the days of waiting 5 years for a coach to succeed are long over.  I hope MSU hires a good up and coming coach and keeps those recruits away from Mississippi and Nutt.  Nutt sure was born under a lucky star.  He gets the Hog job after a 5-6 year at Boise, inherits some good talent from Ford and gets us Hog fans excited, then gets out with a huge payoff, then inherits Orgeron's talent and probably goes to the Cotton bowl along with knocking out Croom from his job!  God, i hate that guy!!

BTW, i personally like Brando, his radio/TV shows and his broadcast ability although I don't agree with his infatuation with Nutt.

BSEE78

Quote from: rlreev01 on November 29, 2008, 04:55:10 pm
I did not know until yesterday that Brando lives in Shreveport.  I though he would be better informed about Nutt if he were from this area.  He's obviously been smoking too many crawdads.

Brando's not stupid, he's a media hack.  He knows he's being used but it's more important to have a "source" than it is to worry about the quality of the source.  Nutt, Sexton and their kind will talk to him knowing he'll pass the BS along to keep the channel open.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Maybe Nutt & Sexton are using the rest of that 3.5mil (The part that Houston didn't spend on eating) to pay off Brando and some others to spin positive stories about the texticle.

go hogues

Why did Brando never speak this way about Nutt when he was at Arkansas?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

opineonswine

Nutt + Brando = zero
Neither one could hold down a real job.

msudawgs64

Quote from: hog_fan on November 29, 2008, 04:44:16 pm
Should have let them fire him and get more money.

we are giving him his full buyout, he will walk away ok financially.

Tim Brando is a fricktard.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

Tusks

Brando uses hooties left over hair for his hair plugs.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

bigyellowdog

Brando is Nutt's new Rick Schaeffer.

porkurina

Tim will sure fell silly in a couple of years.

hawgwash

Quote from: go hogues on November 29, 2008, 06:10:21 pm
That's exactly what I was thinking.  And how come so many people think Nutt is a good coach until there is a rumor THEIR school may be considering Nutt as THEIR next coach?

Bryan (CHF)

This guy is a joke. In 5 years, I'm gonna write little timmy a letter and ask him what he thinks now.
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

Z7!HOG

Nutt is having sucess at a team that was already in place...give it a couple and he will screw that up too

Niels Boar

Brando also said yesterday that Nutt might be SEC COY at 5-3 in the SEC. Saban is two games away from a NC with a team picked third in the West.  I think Saban might have the inside track.

Biggus Piggus

Yes, it's clear this must be love.
[CENSORED]!

Jack The BN

November 29, 2008, 08:03:28 pm #40 Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 05:20:15 pm by Jack The BN
 I like potatoes.
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

songofthesword

i'd give it to Meyer before Nutt. Florida is decimating any and everything on their schedule.

ToddW

Quote from: El Puerco on November 29, 2008, 05:00:15 pm
Croom was solid and guys, clearly, wanted to come play for him.  Knee jerk stupid decision.

yep that was my opinion as well.
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

Croom never had an offense ar MSU, but the D was usually very good.  Doubt Nutt had anything to do with Croom leaving in reality.  Croom probably wasn't the best coach for the job.  After all, as we on Hogville like to point out, this is the SEC where below average isn't accepted.  I hope they get a good hire.  If Nutt's success at OM did have anything to do with Croom leaving, that just shows you how utterly stupid the Adminstration at MSU is.  Nutt inherited a bunch of good players.  Nutt also faced Ark, Aub, MSU, Vandy, and LSU at a time when all were the worst they have been in a long while, except maybe Vandy.  Nutt with those good recruits, would have lost to us, LSU, and Aub 8 out of 10 years.  The stars lined up this year for OM, but unless the OM players have some self improvement left in them, OM isn;t likely to do so well again.  LSU, Aub, and us should beat them in 09 unless things change more than can be seen at this time.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

msudawgs64

November 30, 2008, 12:27:33 am #45 Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 12:36:34 am by msudawgs64

He RESIGNED, he was not FIRED, thus he was not pushed out but walked out.   I am willing to bet you he was asked to make some changes in his staff as you stated there and opted not to, but rather resign than fire the inept coaches on his staff.   At some point we will find out the truth but as of now from what I have read, our AD did everything within his power to keep the man, Croom apparently decided in the end that it would be better to resign.  Loyal to a fricking fault.

but let's put the Coach on the other foot, so to speak..

Croom is the head coach at Arkansas instead of State but everything else is the same, would you still feel this way?  If you can honestly sit there and say yes without laughing out loud, then I stand corrected but if you would not put up with 5 years of horrible football, why the hell should we?
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

dr_arkansawyer

I don't think Brando gets Nutt's pecker thru an IV if u know what I mean...
We need the iron qualities that go with true manhood. We need the positive virtues of resolution, of courage, of indomitable will, of power to do without shrinking the rough work that must always be done.

Theodore Roosevelt
1858-1919, Twenty-sixth President of the USA

Buck Ocean

Quote from: go hogues on November 29, 2008, 06:10:21 pm

He did...he's had his own show on Sporting News Radio for a while now...i can remember since 2002 or 3? maybe him having Houston on regularly.  I've always thought Brando had this love affair with Arkansas but as it all comes down in the end it looks like its just for Houston.
Think like a Jedi

hoghearted

Dawg, gotta say it is easy for folks on the outside, who don't follow a team in depth as a fan does, to make judgments about a program and be completely wrong. We as Hog fans ought to know this quite well.

Croom seems to be a decent sort, a rare breed these days, but shares one character 'flaw' with old Hootie. Being too loyal to his assistants. From what I've read of your posts, he is unwilling to unload ineffective coaches, and bring in staff that might do a better job.

Can't fault Bulldog fans for wanting to win, even if it means shaking the coaching staff up.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

ballhog88

Croom had 5 years and he had 1 mediocre season. That's why he's gone!! I think 5 years is plenty of time to prove yourself..