Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Croom resigns

Started by chortle, November 29, 2008, 11:54:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lovetthog1

I think Miss St would be a poor choice for Gus. If I were a young and promising coordinator I wouldnt touch that one. It's a fast track to a dead end career. Of course thats just my opinion. Honestly though I am just glad to have Petrino. Arkansas has the facilities, the fanbase and now the coach and soon will have the players to be elite.

RazorNoles

Quote from: Table Rocker on November 29, 2008, 01:09:13 pm
think charlie strong finally gets his shot as a HC?

I hope Charlie gets a shot, but I think MSU is going to focus on an Offensive minded coach.

go hogues

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on November 29, 2008, 12:38:07 pm
Croom was killing Nutt recruiting instate players. The possibility of Nutt coming in and taking some of MSU's more highly rated recruits is sickening.
Yes.  Because it would mean Nutt coming out smelling like a rose YET AGAIN, in his career without having to do any significant work. 
Hopefully their recruits will stick around at least long enough to see who the new guy will be.

It just makes me want to puke though thinking about how the Dork and his staff could benefit from this.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Table Rocker

Quote from: go hogues on November 29, 2008, 01:17:57 pm
Yes.  Because it would mean Nutt coming out smelling like a rose YET AGAIN, in his career without having to do any significant work. 
Hopefully their recruits will stick around at least long enough to see who the new guy will be.

It just makes me want to puke though thinking about how the Dork and his staff could benefit from this.

nutt couldn't keep the best players in the state of arkansas with no other major school, what makes you all think these kids will stay in mississippi especially when TN, AL and LA are all close in proximity.

Divot

Don't give Nutt's 2009 recruiting class too much credit yet with Croom gone.  You never know who might end up there and salvage a decent class like BP did for us last year.  Anything's possible.

TheyCallMeHogLuver

Please welcome back to the SEC, Mr. Terry Bowden.  (If he decides to stoop this low.)

TheArkansasTraveller

Quote from: ROAD HOGG on November 29, 2008, 12:06:50 pm
Miss State is a thing of the past, never to be heard from again. Jackie, the cheater was their last hu-rah!

Outside a few years with Jackie, did they ever have a past?  How we lost to that program pisses me off!  Thanks Tejada!

razorbrass

Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

hawgsav1

I have a lot of respect for Croom.  He was rebuilding Mississippi State the right way.  I think the step back this year was what did it.  MSU is a hard job for anyone to turn around.  I hope he lands on his feet somewhere. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

win-streak

Wow. I can see why, but still sucks.

josh_sec33

What annoys me about Croom retiring (I thought he was getting that program turned around honestly) is that immediately the ONLY thing that is teh story is the small amount of back coaches, and how there should be more hired. Not about Croom. Not about the politics of that situation, but how black coaches are underrepresented (which they are but I mean, enough already...make a Rooney rule and move on. sheesh.)
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: PorkOpine on November 29, 2008, 02:51:52 pm
What's Tubberville's contract say about coaching another west team?  Coaching at MSU would be like a lifetime contract for him.
Don't know but I would bet his name comes up. That would be a good hire for them and absolutely kill Nutt sacs recruiting in Miss.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

ChicoHog

Quote from: josh_sec33 on November 29, 2008, 02:53:58 pm
What annoys me about Croom retiring (I thought he was getting that program turned around honestly) is that immediately the ONLY thing that is teh story is the small amount of back coaches, and how there should be more hired. Not about Croom. Not about the politics of that situation, but how black coaches are underrepresented (which they are but I mean, enough already...make a Rooney rule and move on. sheesh.)
Great point.  it's all about wins and losses. Nobody cares these days what color or ethnic background you come from.  I think the biggest problem is the lack of minority coordinators at high profile schools and mid major head coaches because that's where you get the head coaches.

Hawghiggs

My guess is Jeff Bower. former southern Miss. coach  had a great run there. also has all kinds of ties to the area.

Sivad

He probably couldn't stand living in the same state as the "Nutt Family".
I felt the same way.