Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leron Furr Narrows it Down to Two

Started by Wildhog, November 24, 2008, 05:27:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Arkansas and Okie State, per an Okie State reporter.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

SquidBilly

Good, I like our chances then.  Playing time will be plentiful for a LB recruit that comes in ready to compete.

3kgthog

I'm not sure we can compete with Gundy. He's a man. He's 40.

PorkSoda

He would be a welcome addition on the D, along with a couple of those linemen we are after.  I just hope playing all these freshmen this year pays off, so we don't have to start so many freshmen next year.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

rzrbaks

Also known as Scout Premium Information.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Wildhog

Quote from: rzrbaks on November 24, 2008, 06:25:40 pm
Also known as Scout Premium Information.

Nope.  Okie State's Rivals information.

1909/1964/1965/1977

TrojanHog

Why do people that have no stake in Rivals or Scout come on here and cry foul on "inside information?" How is it hurting you?  And why do you think the mods aren't doing their jobs?  They get the stuff that can't be backed up in other places and remove it.  Nobody needs your whining.  Let the system work. 

Plus, I believe that it is a just a polite gesture for the moderators to remove it because once you buy something, it is yours and you can do what want with it.  Do you buy a magazine and then aren't allowed to talk about the articles?  I know the rivals/scout people say you can't take their information other places when you buy it, but you bought it, it is now yours.  Hogville owes them no duty to protect the information they sold.  So, whine elsewhere. 

Oklahawg

Okie State will be a force in recruiting based on this season, especially if they do well vs OU (win or lose) and have a good showing in the bowl game.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Wildhog

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 24, 2008, 07:10:46 pm
Okie State will be a force in recruiting based on this season, especially if they do well vs OU (win or lose) and have a good showing in the bowl game.

I agree, and it's a terrible thing.  We need them to suffer.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hillhog

Porkette

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 24, 2008, 06:11:20 pm

Not anymore. He has to be 41 by now.
GO HOGS GO!

songofthesword

coach grundy will be 40 for the rest of his life. and a man.

stchane

Quote from: Wildhog on November 24, 2008, 07:12:15 pm
I agree, and it's a terrible thing.  We need them to suffer.

I agree...the best way for that to happen is for Gundy not to do well so they can go after Nutt
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

The real Hogules

Quote from: stchane on November 24, 2008, 08:04:33 pm
I agree...the best way for that to happen is for Gundy not to do well so they can go after Nutt

Damn, you DO want them to suffer, don't you!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

dhornjr1

Quote from: TrojanHog on November 24, 2008, 06:46:39 pm
Why do people that have no stake in Rivals or Scout come on here and cry foul on "inside information?" How is it hurting you?  And why do you think the mods aren't doing their jobs?  They get the stuff that can't be backed up in other places and remove it.  Nobody needs your whining.  Let the system work. 

Plus, I believe that it is a just a polite gesture for the moderators to remove it because once you buy something, it is yours and you can do what want with it.  Do you buy a magazine and then aren't allowed to talk about the articles?  I know the rivals/scout people say you can't take their information other places when you buy it, but you bought it, it is now yours.  Hogville owes them no duty to protect the information they sold.  So, whine elsewhere. 

This was so well said, I wish I had wrote it.

felixfan

I bet he's 41 by now lol.  what would that make him now?

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

rzrbaks

I dont have an account, these reporters are trying to make a living by talking to these kids and running up membership numbers.  The harder they work and more information they can make available to their "private" members the more money they can usually bring in to support their family.

When everytime they post something its automatically turned into public information then their members will eventually see that they can get it for free elsewhere like others are doing.  This will drive their numbers down and eventually some of them out of job. When the money is not there, they cannot continue to do their job. 

Stake in the company of not, kind of a moral issue to take money out of another man's pocket.

donk

the funny thing is those so called "insiders" don't give us anymore information than we can get for free these days.  Don't know why anyone would pay.

The Boar War

Quote from: rzrbaks on November 24, 2008, 11:04:06 pm
I dont have an account, these reporters are trying to make a living by talking to these kids and running up membership numbers.  The harder they work and more information they can make available to their "private" members the more money they can usually bring in to support their family.

When everytime they post something its automatically turned into public information then their members will eventually see that they can get it for free elsewhere like others are doing.  This will drive their numbers down and eventually some of them out of job. When the money is not there, they cannot continue to do their job. 

Stake in the company of not, kind of a moral issue to take money out of another man's pocket.

If they put out a good product people will pay to read it.  Repeating the gist of an article is not the same as repeating the article.  It is certainly not taking money out of someone's pocket.  By your definition subscribers to the morning paper (akin to members on a pay site) should not tell anyone else about the headlines.  When you talk about the headlines to your friends at work you are (by your own definition) taking money out of the reporter's pocket.     

AnthroHog

The schools that Furr narrowed his list to is put on the free section of Scout.
http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=2&c=815379&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2farkansas.scout.com%2fa.z%3fs%3d10%26p%3d2%26c%3d815379

On Rivals they are more coy with their information, saying that Furr has narrowed his two schools:
http://louisville.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=881202&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

RunnerHog

Yeah, why don't you tell us what is in ole Grits recruiting report?  I need a good laugh

rzrbaks

Probably more than you could come up with....

jackflash

with the possibility of being 5-7 or 4-8 isn't helping BP. The thing I noticed is he always has a backup plan. What we have six or seven schollies left. Depending on who you listen too we 15 quality prospects looking at us? Would like to have Furr, but bet he's not the only one BP looking at.

311Hog

good get a real job and stop leaching off high school kids

PorkCheops

If you don't have an account, how do you know it's Premium Subscriber information?  Isn't your indication of knowledge about the content of the article an admission that you have access to the information without a subscription?
"The problem is not only to win souls but to save minds. If you win the whole world and lose the mind of the world, you will soon discover that you have not won the world. Indeed it may turn out that you have actually lost the world."  Charles Malik

rzrbaks

Quote from: PorkCheops on November 25, 2008, 08:48:57 am
If you don't have an account, how do you know it's Premium Subscriber information?  Isn't your indication of knowledge about the content of the article an admission that you have access to the information without a subscription?

Pretty obvious when on scout or rivals it says:

"Billy Picks A School" when you click on it and cant read anymore its premium.

Then you go other places and instantly.....

"Billy Picks Arkansas!"

rzrbaks

I must be a super spy to figure out that its premium:

One of the top linebacker prospects on the Cowboy radar is Columbus, Georgia native LeRon Furr. The 6-foot-3, 225-pounder has been to many campuses including taking an official visit to Stillwater back in early October. OSI recently caught up with the three-star prospect and learned that his decision will likely come down to two schools. Which two are they? Find out inside...

...More... To continue reading this article you must be a member. Sign Up Now for a FREE Trial

http://arkansas.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=881202&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

rzrbaks

Quote from: 311Hog on November 25, 2008, 08:29:24 am
good get a real job and stop leaching off high school kids

Must be a real job or there wouldnt be so many people doing it.  Richard is one of the very best, obviously there is a demand for the information.

311Hog

Quote from: rzrbaks on November 25, 2008, 09:18:46 am
Must be a real job or there wouldnt be so many people doing it.  Richard is one of the very best, obviously there is a demand for the information.

Richard also provides the information free to this board i was referring to the people who pander tiny tiny tiny nuggets of information for a price when it is unnecessary to do so.  The internet isn't for charging things because there is almost nothing you cant get here for free if you arent dumb.

AnthroHog

Quote from: rzrbaks on November 25, 2008, 09:15:38 am
I must be a super spy to figure out that its premium:

One of the top linebacker prospects on the Cowboy radar is Columbus, Georgia native LeRon Furr. The 6-foot-3, 225-pounder has been to many campuses including taking an official visit to Stillwater back in early October. OSI recently caught up with the three-star prospect and learned that his decision will likely come down to two schools. Which two are they? Find out inside...

...More... To continue reading this article you must be a member. Sign Up Now for a FREE Trial

http://arkansas.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=881202&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Most of the info that is given out on a Premium site hits the web quickly for free.  Sometimes people look at the Facebook or MySpace accounts.  Others type their names into google and look at recent news.  Sometimes there's a newspaper article that you can pull up for free that has pretty much the same info.

If the title of this thread was just "Leron Furr Narrows it Down to Two" and didn't say which schools I would have gone on google. I would've gone to the news section and the first link is to Scout's article tease.  They give away the info for free that Rivals was selling:

QuoteLinebacker LeRon Furr of Columbus (Carver), Ga., may be Oklahoma State's top out of state linebacker prospect. He has already visited and he has narrowed his field down to the Cowboys and Arkansas with a slight possibility of North Carolina State getting in the mix after fielding 12 scholarship offers this spring, summer and fall.

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=2&c=815379&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2farkansas.scout.com%2fa.z%3fs%3d10%26p%3d2%26c%3d815379

PorkCheops

Quote from: rzrbaks on November 25, 2008, 09:11:04 am

"Billy Picks Arkansas!"

So, couldn't the original poster have used the same sort of reasoning?
"The problem is not only to win souls but to save minds. If you win the whole world and lose the mind of the world, you will soon discover that you have not won the world. Indeed it may turn out that you have actually lost the world."  Charles Malik

rzrbaks

ADG make $ everytime you click on one of their links, dont know Richards contract but like most the better he does the more hes likely to get paid.  Advertisers look at the amount of page views and the more people who view a site the higher that company can charge for space ads.

jb11

Quote from: rzrbaks on November 25, 2008, 09:11:04 am

"Billy Picks Arkansas!"

Billy who?  What does he play?  How many stars does he have?  Please, please tell!!!!!!

311Hog

Quote from: rzrbaks on November 25, 2008, 11:20:25 am
ADG make $ everytime you click on one of their links, dont know Richards contract but like most the better he does the more hes likely to get paid.  Advertisers look at the amount of page views and the more people who view a site the higher that company can charge for space ads.

exactly but YOU do not have to pay him money directly to hear what he has to say, and you shouldnt have to.  He makes a living because he actually DOES SOMETHING to earn it, and doesn't have to resort to nickel and diming "membership fees" from people to inept or lazy to use the internet properly.

O'Squeal

Then you had better have some Glad trash bags in your house your you are taking money out off my pocket.............Nasty little circle isn't it.....
Opinions are like a$$holes...everyone has one and they all stink.

Wildhog

So...enough bitchin' and moanin'.  We're in Furr's top two.  I, for one, am ecstatic about this prospect.  I'm loving the thought of Jerry Franklin, Austin Moss, and Furr contributing in the future.
1909/1964/1965/1977

wholehog92

Quote from: Wildhog on November 25, 2008, 01:51:06 pm
So...enough bitchin' and moanin'.  We're in Furr's top two.  I, for one, am ecstatic about this prospect.  I'm loving the thought of Jerry Franklin, Austin Moss, and Furr contributing in the future.

X2
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

rzrbaks

We have some nice jr. LB's instate as well.  Roberts,Thompson, and Ford.

Wildhog

Quote from: rzrbaks on November 25, 2008, 03:05:22 pm
We have some nice jr. LB's instate as well.  Roberts,Thompson, and Ford.

Hasn't Thompson pretty much said he'd commit on the spot if offered?
1909/1964/1965/1977

rzrbaks

Quote from: Razorvet on November 25, 2008, 04:09:12 pm
Troll

No, I'm normal sized(obvious sacarsm)

Yea, Thompson said he would.  Sure would help with his teammate Haskell.

Oklahawg

Quote from: RunnerHog on November 25, 2008, 01:05:50 am
Yeah, why don't you tell us what is in ole Grits recruiting report? 

My last ARR was used to scoop dogsh!t off the carpet. Best use of it I could think of.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

booogaga

hahahahahahahaha
GO HOGS!

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Wildhog

November 25, 2008, 09:59:37 pm #46 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 11:41:27 am by Wildhog
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on November 25, 2008, 08:56:17 pm
that's funny. "I'd rather be 40 that 41"

Device, I thought Willy would be a little worse off than he is right now.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Horkus Porkus

forrest city joe

He has made a visit to both schools. whenn will he let people know where he's going?