Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guess who's raising his skirt at Notre Dame?...

Started by passinghog, November 24, 2008, 02:00:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgsav1

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Kenny Dowell Loggains

PotBelliedPig29

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 24, 2008, 05:18:12 pm
I say this in all seriousness.

There is a certain type of coaching job that Nutt is perfect for, and one for which an AD would love to have him.

If you are an AD and...

(1) you want a coach who believes in and teaches smash-mouth, physical football;
(2) you want a coach who can motivate;
(3) you want a coach who can win 6-8 games and get your school to a bowl most every year;
(4) you want a coach who will spring the occasional earth-shaking upset;
(5) you want a coach who is comfortable back-slapping and glad-handing boosters;

AND

(1) you don't mind a coach who will occasionally screw a player over;
(2) you don't mind a coach who whose players will fairly routinely get in trouble with the law;
(3) you don't mind a coach whose team will lose at least one game a year because of mismanagement

.....then HDN is your guy.

Very accurate assessment. You are probably one of the few mods who can criticize HDN without being so overly biased.
"I'm very excited to be the head coach at Ole Miss University'' -HDN

"We are too" -Arkansas

Kenny Dowell Loggains

There is a certain type of coaching job that Nutt is perfect for, and one for which an AD would love to have him.

If you are an AD and...

(1) you want a coach who believes in and teaches smash-mouth, physical football;
(3) you want a coach who can win 6-8 games and get your school to a bowl most every year;
(5) you want a coach who is comfortable back-slapping and glad-handing boosters;

AND

(2) you don't mind a coach who whose players will fairly routinely get in trouble with the law;
(3) you don't mind a coach whose team will lose at least one game a year because of mismanagement

best description of HDN I've seen in a long time.

Justifiable Hogicide

Har-De-Har-Har.
Nutt to Notre Dame....only in Danny and Houston's sugar plum dreams.
Notre Dame would never even glance at the "Right Reverend", he's got a real zipper problem and is a public and professional doofus.

Brand X Hog Fan

If you are an AD and...

AND

Well said.

Though you know TCTWF is looking. He covets the big stage. He will not be satisfied in Oxford. If it was so easy to coach there then Tubby would be there still.

Having said that, I don't know that even MOTHO is so classless as to bail on the University of Ole Miss after 1 season.

Well,

This is Nutt we are talking about, isn't it.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

porkurina

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 24, 2008, 03:54:41 pm
I don't think even Nutt is stupid enough to leave Ole Miss for Notre Dame - not that it would ever come up.

I think you forgot about his ego.   But they would deserve each other.

I don't think ND ever gives Nutt a look, but having his name mentioned on a message board doesn't mean he's politicing for the job.

elksnort

He'd darn sure love their helmet. It is painted in gold leaf for each game.

3kgthog

Nutt's ego is big enough that he's not going to give up the chance to beat Arkansas every year. We are his new and only motivation much like Texas was usually one of the few big games that his teams ever showed up for. However, that won't prevent him from making Ole Miss think he's looking around. He'll play them for another raise and extension just like he played JFB and the BOT.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: passinghog on November 24, 2008, 02:00:12 pm
It's already starting for Nutt @ Ole Miss. Check out this thread on the Notre Dame scout board; check out reply #4 in the linked thread:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=109&f=2594&t=3453516

Take a minute to imagine Nutt trying to recruit @ Notre Dame...
Where do you get that he is raising his skirt to Notre Dame???
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

razorbrass

Look Notre Dame screwed up their last football hire similar to our last basketball search.  They were so sure they had Urban Myer they cut loose Willingham.  Once Myer decided to go to Florida they were in a world of hurt.  They felt they had to make a big splash so they went with the "offensive mastermind" of the superbowl patriots.  At the time many thought they had scored big.  Hasn't worked out so far.  Hiring for Notre Dame would be difficult.  You have to hire a big name to appease the donors plus you have to find someone not afraid of the high expectations.  I have a hard time seeing Nutt as a person who can satisfy those conditions. 

I envision his introduction at the press conference announcing him as Notre Dames next head football coach going something like this:

"Introducing your new Notre Dame football coach Houston Nutt
Coach Nutt has won - oops No conference championships but he does have an SEC western division ring
but coach Nutt has taken his team to .. er well no BCS bowl games
ah but coach Nutt has a winning bowl record... well not really but he has won at least one bowl game on New Years Day
Hey can anybody in the room tell me why we hired this guy?"
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

oldfart

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 24, 2008, 02:25:47 pm
Southern Baptist at The Golden Dome?  I don't think so.

well ara parseghian was a presbyterian ..... 

gbaurnett

Quote from: kgr on November 24, 2008, 02:43:33 pm
Campaigning:

Let's see

Nebraska
L. S. Who
Miami
N.C.
Ole Piss

Sounds like a campaign to me.

Ding, ding, ding!!!
Winner, winner ,chicken dinner!

hogfanshan

If you are an AD and...

AND

Spot on.

hogsndawgs

If you are an AD and...

AND

I appreciate the honest assessment. It seems like most people these days simply call him an idiot, monkey, etc...When we (the hogville community) make the case against HDN in an intelligent manner it makes the argument much stronger.

BTW, I admit that I have posted wildy biased, rediculous anti Nutt statements plenty of times, but I'm trying to stop. It really doesn't do anything to further the mesage to the rest of the world.

Zen_Hog

To be honest, Nutt sounds like a perfect fit for Notre Dame.

The program recruits itself. All Nutt has to do is bite his nails and play pickup basketball.

elksnort

hogsndawgs

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on November 24, 2008, 09:52:17 pm
To be honest, Nutt sounds like a perfect fit for Notre Dame.

The program recruits itself. All Nutt has to do is bite his nails and play pickup basketball.

ROTMFFLMGDAO!
+1

drivetimeporks

Quote from: kgr on November 24, 2008, 02:03:40 pm
Since TCTWF is so great a field general and a player's coach and a finer man than god ever put on the earth, maybe Neutered Lady will give him a chance.  It would be a perfect fit.  They love meaningless drivel from the mouth of coaches and call it Grantland Rice musings.  He can't recruit and a coach doesn't have to recruit to the Neutered Lady.  They play all 3 service academies and other Little Sisters of the Poor and Needy.  So, he would have 6 wins a year built in.
i got news for you g , navy and air force woulda beat the hogs as well this year...  the hogs played western illinois and their usual slate of directional lousianna schools ..what the hell is the difference ?

hogsanity

If you are an AD and...

AND

After what I have seen in college fb the last 5 years, I think this is exactly what what about 40 d1 teasm want, and what 40 more would love to have.

Seriously, with the escalating slaries of "top end" coaches, bowl payouts for 60+ teams, a legit shot at a BCS game for only about 40 teams per year, boosters who have to be pampered, and teams looking for that one big win a year, why wouldnt they take a coach like that.

Now, if you think your program is BCS capable (facilities, conference, talent, schedule, etc), you don't hire that track record.  Why do you think old misses hired HDN?  After the last several years, a few 8-4 seasons sounds pretty good to them. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

dhornjr1

If you are an AD and...

AND

Ladies and gentlemen, the Houston Nutt blueprint.

dhornjr1

QuotePosted: 11/22/2008 7:45 PM

RE: Who do you want as the next HC?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PCBuckeye wrote: Kelly is the front runner for the UT job, you'd have to act fast to get him. Id go after Lane Kiffin or Houston Nutt.

Intriguing idea, I was thinking Nutt would be a great cure for ND's lack of toughness on the lines. Arkansas was crazy to let him go. Wonder if that's a realistic scenario though.

Are you kidding me? "Arkansas was crazy to let him go"?

We practically forced him off the campus at gunpoint.

GabeMartini

"Let him go."

What a joke. Does this guy realize fans across the state (and nation) paid thousands of dollars week after week last year to fly banners over the stadium begging the school to fire Nutt?

Black t-shirts, anyone?

Sheesh. They act as if we wanted him to stay so bad we were baking him cookies.

josh_sec33

Anyone else have a sudden flash picture of TCTWF in the leprechaun outfit bouncing around? I did...and it was funny. It'd make a great picture/mini video.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Tusks

would the ND recruits itself people double check their facts...again their avg. record over the last 15....fifteen YEARS is 7-5.

That's not the record of a school that recruits itself.

Also...i started the 'monkey with a whistle'.....i never said he knew how to use it....only that he had one.  :)

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogSGreer

They should ask the pope who to hire.  I hear that when he sits on the chair and wears the hat, he's never wrong.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: HoopS on November 24, 2008, 02:42:14 pm
I'd prefer he get it out of our conference.  I really would.

But wouldn't that just make the SEC tougher?  With TCTWF gone?  There's a distinct possibility they might get a real coach down there, making it harder for everyone. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

HoopS

Good point.   I just am tired of his mug.   I would prefer that he take a job in Guam or Peru.  Either or. 

Niels Boar

Has anybody noticed that Nutt has mangaed to go 4-3, probably 5-3, in the SEC in a year that half the SEC West will not be bowl eligible, LSU almost lost to a mediocre Troy team at home, and Ole Miss got Vandy at home?  He did this with players from a coach that outrecruited him badly at a penny-pinching rival.  Yeah, he's a genius.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: HoopS on November 25, 2008, 11:34:33 am
Good point.   I just am tired of his mug.   I would prefer that he take a job in Guam or Peru.  Either or.

This year I did a slow burn every time I saw him on the sidelines.  But I still managed to suppress a smirk.  The thought of getting to watch him going down in flames, gradually, over the next couple of years, makes it almost worthwhile.   

Knowing that we will consistently improve our talent level and our win/loss record while he will gradually and predictably be lowering his goals and consistently failing to meet them......that will be fun to watch.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

RunnerHog

ND will go after the best, that is not Nutt, not even close.  Saban, Stoops those kind of names maybe even Carrol.

Tusks

the 'monkey with a whistle' is the greatest 7-5 coach of all time.

how many times in 10 years did he go 5-3 or better in the SEC while coaching the hogs.

I count 3....but I'm probably wrong.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

RunnerHog

Quote from: nutted on November 25, 2008, 07:11:52 pm
the 'monkey with a whistle' is the greatest 7-5 coach of all time.

how many times in 10 years did he go 5-3 or better in the SEC while coaching the hogs.

I count 3....but I'm probably wrong.

5-3 is like winning the NC for a Nutt

Clark W Grishawg

Ok, guys, I know it sounds like a crazy unfounded rumor and all, but here's what I have heard from a friend who just happens to be VERY close to TCTWF. Apparently, Nutt isn't happy with Pete Boone being such a penny-pincher, and with his unwillingness to commit athletic department dollars to recruiting. Sexton has been working the phones with Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick--they are longtime friends--and reportedly they are working on a deal for Nutt to become the head coach at Notre Dame, and possibly on a long-term (5+ years) deal there. All of this is going on in the background while the logistics of the Weis buyout are being hammered out.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Clark W Grishawg on December 01, 2008, 11:11:17 am
Ok, guys, I know it sounds like a crazy unfounded rumor and all, but here's what I have heard from a friend who just happens to be VERY close to TCTWF. Apparently, Nutt isn't happy with Pete Boone being such a penny-pincher, and with his unwillingness to commit athletic department dollars to recruiting. Sexton has been working the phones with Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick--they are longtime friends--and reportedly they are working on a deal for Nutt to become the head coach at Notre Dame, and possibly on a long-term (5+ years) deal there. All of this is going on in the background while the logistics of the Weis buyout are being hammered out.

And a once proud, storied program will complete its demise. What a shame.

I hope this isn't true. And if it is, I wonder what the media's response would be...
Go away, batin'

hogfanOU812

I've heard much the same from my sources in Oxford.
Sexton and Swarbrick evidently have some ties...
How do you know that Nutt sucks?
I can't tell you, but I've known forever.
How does it feel that Nutt sucks?
It feels bad and I'll support him NEVER!

WHEN NUTT SUUUUUUCKS!!!!
(sung to the tune of "When It's Love" by the almighty VAN HAGAR!!!!!)

kgr

Quote from: drivetimeporks on November 24, 2008, 10:04:36 pm
i got news for you g , navy and air force woulda beat the hogs as well this year...  the hogs played western illinois and their usual slate of directional lousianna schools ..what the hell is the difference ?

We play, Alabama, Fla., and since you love TCTWF, Ole' Piss, LSWho, a rather stronger schedule than the normal run of the mill losers Neutered Dumb play. 
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

kgr

What does he want, unlimited text messages, free nights at Holiday Inn express, someone to help him cheat at pick-up basketball, someone to scout female anchors for his pleasure and co-eds for the drain bamaged brother's pleasure.
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.