Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watch out for this 3 year old!

Started by HogFanInBryant, February 10, 2018, 03:49:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanInBryant

Glennwood just ran 3rd at 40-1 at Aqueduct in race 8, the Jimmy Winkfield Stakes.
He had EVERY reason to lose by 20+ lengths, hated the sealed muddy track...but came running and almost got 2nd.
This 3 year old is going to freak soon, get ready!

HogFanInBryant

Hey everyone...I am having major issues getting email notifications when horses work or are entered in a race.  Can anyone let me know if Glennwood has an upcoming race please?  Something is up with my Gmail server that is supposed to auto-forward to my work email so I am kinda baffled on how to fix this.
Thanks in advance.

husker71

Just finished a book titled Wink about Jimmy Winkfield.   Great read because so much history. Lots of black jockeys them but they traveled to Paris and Russia and all through Europe and road for kings  and queens and czars.  He rode before WW1 and during the war and it is very interesting if you like horse racing and history

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: husker71 on March 27, 2018, 02:02:31 am
Just finished a book titled Wink about Jimmy Winkfield.   Great read because so much history. Lots of black jockeys them but they traveled to Paris and Russia and all through Europe and road for kings  and queens and czars.  He rode before WW1 and during the war and it is very interesting if you like horse racing and history

I'll totally check it out!  Thx!