Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baseball trivia

Started by onebadrubi, August 03, 2015, 10:23:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 03, 2015, 10:23:49 am
11 question trivia... 

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/quiz-baseball-fan-trivia-nolan-ryan-hank-aaron-barry-bonds-pete-rose-080315

I got 9 or more, but it doesn't tell you which ones you missed or what the correct answers are.

Oldest stadium?

Yankee Stadium
Wrigley
Dodger Stadium
Fenway

So obviously it's not Yankee Stadium and I am 99% sure rhat the other three are, in fact, the 3 oldest. My guess is Wrigley.
WPS

onebadrubi

Quote from: popcornhog on August 03, 2015, 10:47:33 am
I got 9 or more, but it doesn't tell you which ones you missed or what the correct answers are.

Oldest stadium?

Yankee Stadium
Wrigley
Dodger Stadium
Fenway

So obviously it's not Yankee Stadium and I am 99% sure rhat the other three are, in fact, the 3 oldest. My guess is Wrigley.

My guess is wrigley.  I didn't get to finish before I had to jump on the phone. 

popcornhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 03, 2015, 11:29:36 am
My guess is wrigley.  I didn't get to finish before I had to jump on the phone.

We both missed it. I was right about those 3 being the oldest, though.

Fenway was built in 1912
Wrigley in 1914
Dodger Stadium in 1962.

I've been to 2/3 and hope to go to Fenway in the next few years.
WPS

onebadrubi

Quote from: popcornhog on August 03, 2015, 11:46:21 am
We both missed it. I was right about those 3 being the oldest, though.

Fenway was built in 1912
Wrigley in 1914
Dodger Stadium in 1962.

I've been to 2/3 and hope to go to Fenway in the next few years.

My gut was Fenway but talked myself into thinking wrigley because of lights, I have no idea why though.  Lol. I guess once I started thinking I just "felt" more history at wrigley than Fenway. 

I will be wrong again today though

GolfNut57

I also scored 9 or more but wasn't told what I missed......if any since it says "or more". I think it is just another one of those farce test where you could retake it and deliberately give the wrong answers and still score the same. Hmmmm...........now that I think about it. lol

Btw, being a Red Sox fan I knew Fenway was the oldest. yay me...... :P

went back and retook it and tried to miss every question. Think I succeeded as this time it said I scored 0-4 correctly and was a laid back fan. lol
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

EastexHawg

GolfNut57

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 05, 2015, 08:06:51 am
I aced it.  Yea.

How many tries did it take using Hogville lingo?  ;)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

jrulz83

Aced it, first try. I actually got my 3 guesses right.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

onebadrubi

Quote from: GolfNut57 on August 03, 2015, 01:07:19 pm
I also scored 9 or more but wasn't told what I missed......if any since it says "or more". I think it is just another one of those farce test where you could retake it and deliberately give the wrong answers and still score the same. Hmmmm...........now that I think about it. lol

Btw, being a Red Sox fan I knew Fenway was the oldest. yay me...... :P

went back and retook it and tried to miss every question. Think I succeeded as this time it said I scored 0-4 correctly and was a laid back fan. lol

Nah, I tried your theory, you can get a 0-4.

yraciv

I aced it first try as well.  The only one I really guessed on was Griffey because I wasn't positive he won it back to back.  I thought the Bo question might be a trick question, but went with my gut and got it right.

popcornhog

Quote from: yraciv on August 07, 2015, 12:09:31 am
I aced it first try as well.  The only one I really guessed on was Griffey because I wasn't positive he won it back to back.  I thought the Bo question might be a trick question, but went with my gut and got it right.

I thought the exact same thing on the Bo question. They [CENSORED] with my head on that one.
WPS

clutch

Quote from: yraciv on August 07, 2015, 12:09:31 am

Thought the same thing about the Bo question.