Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One question remains about DG...

Started by OneTuskOverTheLine™, February 09, 2018, 05:44:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Were all of the aTm crystal ball predictions leaks by his family to throw off the scent, or fake news by aTm trolls..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hogcam

I could almost guarantee they heard it was down to A&M and Arkansas and just assumed he would pick A&M.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

It also could be PITP's fault. They may have seen his guarantee and just assumed it was the kiss of death...

LOL.!  ;)
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

ricepig

It's kind of like Trading Places, when someone sees the Duke boys trying to corner the market, they all jump in........then the real "Hog" report is released.

rljjr

Quote from: ricepig on February 09, 2018, 08:11:12 pm
It's kind of like Trading Places, when someone sees the Duke boys trying to corner the market, they all jump in........then the real "Hog" report is released.

Looking good, Billy Ray!

WOOPIGDOOIE

I think before the Arkansas visit, it was between Florida and TAM. The CB picks were heavy for UF, but when they pulled their offer the CB picks went to TAM because it was the ofther favorite before we got into the picture. We got into the race so late, that most didn't think we had a chance. This was a huge win for Arkansas. To come in late on a guy and get him to change is mind in a week is outstanding. I can't wait to see what these coaches can do next year

Flrazrback

Mortimer... We're Back !!! Lol   Defense should be stout

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on February 09, 2018, 08:56:44 pm
I think before the Arkansas visit, it was between Florida and TAM. The CB picks were heavy for UF, but when they pulled their offer the CB picks went to TAM because it was the ofther favorite before we got into the picture. We got into the race so late, that most didn't think we had a chance. This was a huge win for Arkansas. To come in late on a guy and get him to change is mind in a week is outstanding. I can't wait to see what these coaches can do next year
Makes not one difference in the end whether the Gators pulled their offer or not. The point is that for the next two years we have him playing in a Hog uniform and against everyone else on our schedule. Nice we won't have to try to block the guy during game situations.

razCzar

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on February 09, 2018, 08:56:44 pm
No doubt, you're spot on.  Hogs were third in line only bc the old regime never got him on campus to experience what a real college environment looks like.  Coupled with this smart, aggressive coaching staff, how could he and his family resist?  Like he implied in his announcement, they saw and felt this instantly.

Voila.. fait accompli!

"Sleeping giant"... indeed!

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 09, 2018, 09:27:06 pm
Makes not one difference in the end whether the Gators pulled their offer or not. The point is that for the next two years we have him playing in a Hog uniform and against everyone else on our schedule. Nice we won't have to try to block the guy during game situations.
I'm not saying it mattered. Just stating why I think all the CB picks went from Florida to TAM. I believe we could have beaten Florida for him anyway.

liljo

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 09, 2018, 09:27:06 pm

+1

Thrilled to have this young man.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

That D-Line next year is gonna be beast!!! Dang y'all..! We got Caldwell back! John Scott has GOT TO be excited about working with both He and The Chief.!!

D-Line..!!!!

RagingHawgOn

None of the speculation matters. The kid said he prayed about it and God told him he needed to visit. He chose us.

Welcome to the family young man.

WPS and GHG!!

bennyl08

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on February 10, 2018, 01:04:47 am
None of the speculation matters. The kid said he prayed about it and God told him he needed to visit. He chose us.

WPS and GHG!!

Bobby Boucher, the waterboy also imagined voices in his head and he was great at sacking the qb. Whatever works man.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

RagingHawgOn

I don't equate "voices in the head" with a calling from God but I'm sure happy DG chose us.

WPS

sickboy

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on February 10, 2018, 01:04:47 am

WPS and GHG!!

Well, you know the boy is crazy then, because if there's one thing I know the man upstairs doesn't give two flips for it's Hog football. I'm guess God is a Bama fan.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 09, 2018, 07:58:00 pm
It also could be PITP's fault. They may have seen his guarantee and just assumed it was the kiss of death...

LOL.!  ;)
never tell a magician's secrets, Baw!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sickboy on February 10, 2018, 02:58:09 am
Well, you know the boy is crazy then, because if there's one thing I know the man upstairs doesn't give two flips for it's Hog football. I'm guess God is a Bama fan.

Can almost guarantee it's the god of this world who loves Bama... ;)

There is likely a dozen reason pro and con why this player signed with us.  I chose to believe the staff presented everything we could offer and it was enough.  I want to believe we told the Guy, look at us, we got an immediate opening and all you need to do is come, work hard, try to adapt to the system and you got a job.

We will give you every ounce of knowledge we possess and a very good home if you will give us a try.  We need you.  I suspect Chavis and his personal reputation helped a lot.

If this Kid is as good as we want to believe, this might add another win to this coming season.  But, never count the chickens until they are hatched.  Eggs don't matter, hatched chickens do.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: sickboy on February 10, 2018, 02:58:09 am
While I'll totally agree that God doesn't give a flip about college football, I DO believe he still guides us in our various life decisions as long as we're faithful and honest in our prayers to Him. If you've never sought his guidance when it comes to dealing with any of life's critical issues you honestly don't know what you're missing. God can answer our prayers, often in very mysterious and wonderful ways.

sickboy

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 10, 2018, 11:28:27 am
While I'll totally agree that God doesn't give a flip about college football, I DO believe he still guides us in our various life decisions as long as we're faithful and honest in our prayers to Him. If you've never sought his guidance when it comes to dealing with any of life's critical issues you honestly don't know what you're missing. God can answer our prayers, often in very mysterious and wonderful ways.

Whatever floats your boat, man. If you get guidance from some god that you have a conversation with, and you're willing to give him five stars on yelp, more power to ya. And your god. I hope it gets you where you want to be and makes you happy.

I myself went to Catholic school as a young boy. So, naturally, I'm agnostic now. But I do not begrudge anyone for their faithful pursuits. As long as nobody's getting hurt and folks are having a good time, who am I to tell someone what's what.