Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JPI EDM 830 Engine Monitor

Started by arkana, February 24, 2016, 11:56:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

arkana

Just curious if anyone has any experience with these engine monitors.  Looking at getting one installed when I get my new engine and prop in.  Thanks in advance!

bvillepig

I flew with a friend who had who had one.  It gave you everything the Avidyne system gives you which is very nice. I have a lot of hours with the Avidyne MFD.

With the right JPI model you can download the engine info to a jump drive and send it out to be analyzed.  I think the 830 qualifies.

gotyacovered

i have a few hours with a EI MVP-50. my dad has a fleet if 7 aircraft all running EI... he claims from a functional stand point they all do about the same but the EI interface is more user friendly and the mx guys like the EI staff better.

i have the old school EI UBG-16 and FP-5 fuel flow and older baron i flew some a few years ago had the equivalent JPI instruments to the EI in my 182 and it didnt seem as though it has as many functions.

not sure what the cost diff is... but i know i would be installing EI.
You are what you tolerate.

gotyacovered

got to fly right seat with pops, was thinking about ya... snapped a pic of his EI MVP in action (run up).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0x2zzijbg6s9ae/EI%20MVP_temp.jpeg?dl=0

theFlyingHog

Quote from: gotyacovered on March 09, 2016, 07:13:51 pm
got to fly right seat with pops, was thinking about ya... snapped a pic of his EI MVP in action (run up).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0x2zzijbg6s9ae/EI%20MVP_temp.jpeg?dl=0
Ooo I like that. I hate seeing cool things that I don't fly with. If I ever buy a plane I'll have to to have it enlarged to fit everything I want

gotyacovered

Quote from: theFlyingHog on March 10, 2016, 09:42:11 pm
Ooo I like that. I hate seeing cool things that I don't fly with. If I ever buy a plane I'll have to to have it enlarged to fit everything I want

It's funny you say that... But when you start looking at it... That screen is probably 4"x5"(?). think about all the real estate that saves... I have 4 separate 3" round instruments that would disappear with this conversion. Then you do that--might as well do a 650/750 and your transponders/nav/coms gone... I wish I had a full pic of his panel... Had 3 times as much technology as mine and it takes up 1/2 or 1/3 the space.  Too bad I can't afford any of it ;D

GusMcRae

That's in the Mahindra/GippsAero?

Do they still use any of their Expeditions, or are they already traded off or sold?
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

gotyacovered

Quote from: GusMcRae on March 11, 2016, 11:10:46 am
That's in the Mahindra/GippsAero?

Do they still use any of their Expeditions, or are they already traded off or sold?

that pic is expedition... but they have the same setup in the airvan... they have 3 of each... (and one 206). the Gipps is not going over very well. good plane, just not meant for this op. too slow, has turbo, a/c doesnt work, seats are apparently uncomfy, etc.