Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Man On Campus

Started by ldfergu, March 22, 2014, 10:18:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ldfergu

This is a 12 week workout routine from BodyBuilding.com.  It's geared for the college life and balancing out class and social life.  I'm not in college anymore but gave it a try to add more structure to my workouts.  Before I was just going to the gym and figuring it out as I went.  Personally, I get a lot more accomplished when I follow a routine and mix in some things on my own.  Currently in week 4.

I like it.  Its helped me shed some weight and add a little muscle I was losing.  Lots of dropsets and supersets mixed in.  4 lift days, 2 cardio days, 1 rest day.

Anyone else given BMOC a try?

What online workout regimens do you think are very good?

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

H&D

Wendler 5/3/1, everything else irrelevant.  >:(

;)
Nah, I mix in something new after every couple of cycles of 5/3/1.  I might give this a try next time. 
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

LL COOL HOG

Kris Gethin's 12 week transformation is really good. It's not for beginners however. I completed the first 6 weeks then life kinda threw me a curve ball. Once I lose more weight I'm going to re-start it.

Hogsmo Kramer

Like H&D I'm a 531 junkie but lately I'm doing a combo of two seperate programs with 531.

These are the two I'm combining with 531:

http://www.t-nation.com/workouts/chin-up-project

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/10000-swing-kettlebell-workout

I do my 531 lifts at the beginning then do the kb swing part of the workout at the end.

I use different exercises to superset with the kb swings for variety and so I don't get overworked on my 531 lifts and use the chin-up program for all my vertical pulling needs which means only horizontal pulls for my scheduled workouts as to balance out all the pull ups I'm doing.

So far its working well in conjunction with hill sprints and sled pulls for cardio.

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

clutch

Tai_Mai_Shu

I'm currently doing Arnold's blueprint. I swear I'm sore every stinking day.

H&D

All the stuff I've found claiming to be from Arnold had insane gym time. I just don't have two hours a day to spend at the gym. Good thing about 5/3/1 is, if I'm really busy I can just bust out the core lifts and call it good.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Tai_Mai_Shu

The blueprint I'm on most of it says 45 minutes but the truth is if you take all the rest period it's right about 1 hour.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Tai_Mai_Shu on April 09, 2014, 03:07:52 pm
The blueprint I'm on most of it says 45 minutes but the truth is if you take all the rest period it's right about 1 hour.

I did Arnold's stuff for years when I was younger.

Helped me build a solid base and taught me the importance of core lifts.

He and his role in Conan the Barbarian got me into lifting. I owe a lot to him for that.

Lifting has saved my life literally and metaphorically more than once and it's something I'll do til I die, who knows maybe longer I'm sure there's a gym in heaven right?

Gotta be.  :)
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

H&D

Just for the fun of it I tried the chest day of the Arnold Blueprint from bodybuilding.com. The 30/12/10/8/6. I still have a good sore going on a couple days later. I'm going to do the legs here in a bit. I'll always be a Wendler guy. But it looks like this is going to make it in the mix when I'm looking for a change of flavor.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Tai_Mai_Shu

Jim Stoppanni's Shortcut to shred is pretty good too. The only downside to that is that you need about 2 hours for each sessions which I didn't have time for.

H & D, good luck with the legs. I hate the good morning workout on that blueprint. It's effective but I still hate it.

H&D

Quote from: Tai_Mai_Shu on April 24, 2014, 04:20:02 pm
Jim Stoppanni's Shortcut to shred is pretty good too. The only downside to that is that you need about 2 hours for each sessions which I didn't have time for.

H & D, good luck with the legs. I hate the good morning workout on that blueprint. It's effective but I still hate it.

Well it didn't go well.  Took my pre and then my daughter decided she couldn't sleep.  So by the time I got out to the garage and started the workout, I burned out about half way through.  My hammies are sore today, it's been awhile since I've done any straight leg deadlifts. 
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"