Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low omits Ole Miss, Auburn from ranking of top SEC QBs

Started by jbcarol, June 14, 2011, 05:58:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

$100 Handshake

That's fair, considering none of AU's current QB's have played more than a handful of snaps.

Sivad

Quote from: $100 Handshake on June 14, 2011, 06:26:15 pm
That's fair, considering none of AU's current QB's have played more than a handful of snaps.
But have they been cashing their checks?

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Justifiable Hogicide

A list of the "SEC's Top Quarterbacks".....
Doubt you will ever see one of the QB Killa's listed there. Unless it's a recent parolee just dismissed from another team of course.

IronHogFan

Well of course those school's QBs were Omitted from the rankings. Look at the schools individually...
Ole Miss - HDN can't keep a QB any longer than he can keep from calling an "up the middle" run play. They are turning over QBs like bacon in a skillet. Since that situation is so unsteady in Ole Miss...there is no way that Low could even NAME a QB on their roster much less select him for a ranking!
Auburn -  EVERYONE in the SEC EXCEPT Auburn KNOWS that Auburn has NO TEAM this year. Cam Newton was the team last year. He scored points, he was the feature back, the best WR, the best TE, etc. Without Cam, Auburn was a less than .500 team last year. So, now that Scamputer Newton is gone, who steps up to fill his shoes? Did you EVER hear the back up QBs name called last year? I didn't! So Auburn really doesn't have a solid QB and that is why they were left off the rankings.

That...and, if it was a "Top 10" list, 2 schools would have to be left out anyway because the SEC is a 12 team conference. I think those 2 schools are good ones to leave out of any ranking talks.

-IHF

Hogdude72

If my memory serves me right I believe that TW was definitely going elsewhere while Hooter was still on the "hill". As "Mr. QB developer" this is obviously one of the very few (forget Mallett) mistakes in not going to land him. BP comes in and all of a sudden Tyler decides that the Hogs might be a great fit. I'm sure this is purely coincidental.

Tomhog™

Quote from: Hogdude72 on June 15, 2011, 12:15:07 pm
If my memory serves me right I believe that TW was definitely going elsewhere while Hooter was still on the "hill". As "Mr. QB developer" this is obviously one of the very few (forget Mallett) mistakes in not going to land him. BP comes in and all of a sudden Tyler decides that the Hogs might be a great fit. I'm sure this is purely coincidental.

Your memory is correct.  Nutt never offered Wilson, but instead chose Kale Pick as his QB of 2008.  Last I heard is that Kale couldn't crack the top two QBs on a terrible Kansas squad and was converted to a WR.  Sound familiar?

Mr. Hughes

Nutt's other QB was Jim Youngblood from Camden. Petrino eventually moved him to TE before Youngblood decided to leave. Anyone know where he went? He was supposedly a decent baseball prospect. I wonder if he tried that again?

Hogdude72

Quote from: Mr. Hughes on June 15, 2011, 01:03:38 pm
Nutt's other QB was Jim Youngblood from Camden. Petrino eventually moved him to TE before Youngblood decided to leave. Anyone know where he went? He was supposedly a decent baseball prospect. I wonder if he tried that again?
I believe I'm correct in saying he's transferred to UCA (U of A's farm club).

KY Hog Man

Quote from: Hogdude72 on June 15, 2011, 03:30:07 pm
I believe I'm correct in saying he's transferred to UCA (U of A's farm club).

"U of A's farm club"   +1

IronHogFan

Quote from: KY Hog Man on June 16, 2011, 09:07:41 am
"U of A's farm club"   +1

Have to agree...this is good stuff!! LOL...all the players that seemingly don't cut it at U of A go to UCA to play. And this is not meant as a knock to UCA or the players, but it is working A LOT like a minor league farm club!

DEVIL DOG HOG

Phil Steele Has Aaron Murray of Georiga First Team All SEC followed by Tyler Wilson Arkansas, second team; Tyler Bray Tennessee, third team; and John brantley Florida, fourth team.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Hogdude72

Quote from: IronHogFan on June 16, 2011, 01:59:03 pm
Have to agree...this is good stuff!! LOL...all the players that seemingly don't cut it at U of A go to UCA to play. And this is not meant as a knock to UCA or the players, but it is working A LOT like a minor league farm club!
Actually it might be a slight stretch to name them a farm club. Normally to be such the farm team has to be able to eventually send a few of their players UP to the big leagues. Unfortunately in this case it's a one way street. I suppose we could, however, call UCA U of A South or U of A Conway