Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My favorite Razorback: Elton Ford

Started by BPsTheMan, June 19, 2011, 08:27:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BPsTheMan

June 19, 2011, 08:27:08 am Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:31:43 am by BPsTheMan
Many defensive minded Hog fans would epitomize the Bobby Petrino era with Jerico Nelson. I too love Jerico, but Jerico was actually offered scholarships by Auburn, Florida, Purdue and Tennessee.

Elton Ford was looked at in the same 2008 recruiting year by North Carolina, Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech, but they did not offer scholarships.

Elton was offered by only Middle Tennessee, Western Michigan, North Carolina State and The Hogs.

5'11 and 205 with 4.6 speed. Linebacker. What? Yep. And then made the move to safety during August drills in 2008.

As a true freshman on the field in 2008, many folks simply confused him with Elston Forte. "You mean Elston Forte?" "No, I mean Elton Ford." But by mid-season, most fans knew who Elton was.

Then he friggin broke his neck...but...was back in 2009. Then in 2010. Now in 2011 as a senior.

I love that kid. I want to meet him sometime this year.

BigSexyHog

Well said.  This kid has worked hard to get back on the field.  +1
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Johnny America

He is a cool player, but not my favorite Razorback. I hope he has a great season though.
God is not real.

zwhogfan

I'll say that he is probably the most solid tackler in the secondary. If he gets his hands on a guy the offensive player is going down.