Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Watch your head!"

Started by Razorhogger, October 18, 2017, 12:09:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorhogger

ShadowHawg

Fan701

Barford looks bigger than last year, I think.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Antoine Walker looks like he ate Antoine Walker
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

King Kong

Dwight_K_Shrute

Barford looks like he could play LB.  You can tell from just listening to Macon and Barford talk they are more mature/prepared than last year. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Razorhogger

I agree.  Barford looks pretty stout right now.  If Gafford and the other newcomers give us any help this year it's going to be a fun year.

azhog10

Excited to see them get going. New pieces but some good returning pieces as well. I like that we should see more of Bailey, and hoping CJ can play good defense because the kid can fill it up.

TrueBlue

Dykes looked constipated in the first half of that segment.

PonderinHog

Quote from: TrueBlue on October 18, 2017, 02:41:22 pm
That had to be awkward for him.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: TrueBlue on October 18, 2017, 02:41:22 pm

Yes he did. He looked extremely uncomfortable.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

azhog10

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 18, 2017, 02:43:42 pm
That had to be awkward for him.
Only if and when he had to interview Mike Neighbors.

navyhog24

He handled it very professionally

phadedhawg

Macon is so soft spoken, respectful, and thoughtful in this interview, Barford too!. 

I think it's great they talked up the freshman but pulled back from saying he's the next big thing in conference bc it would be unfair to put that kind of pressure on a kid who hasn't seen game action yet. 

Great interview.  After the downward spiral we call football, it's nice to see something with a Razorback on it that gives me some hope.

factchecker

I wish every jabroni who talked crap about Macon or Barford leaving early would listen to Barford's reply.

When a player decides to leave early it's a tough decision impacted by factors that many don't understand.  We should never fault a player for wanting to improve his family's situation.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

azhog10

Quote from: factchecker on October 18, 2017, 04:33:27 pm
I wish every jabroni who talked crap about Macon or Barford leaving early would listen to Barford's reply.

When a player decides to leave early it's a tough decision impacted by factors that many don't understand.  We should never fault a player for wanting to improve his family's situation.
The only thing that caught me off guard was he really believed he had a shot at being drafted or playing in the NBA. I hope he goes out and gets it this year, but he has a lot to prove if that's what he wants. The NBA draft is one of the few that are fairly predictable and often times you don't see a guy not predicted well before the draft actually get drafted. I do believe he has a family to support and that weighed heavily on his decision.

revolution

BrooklynRoss

Macon and Barford are a seriously underrated backcourt duo in the SEC. Either or both of those guys can go off for 30 every night. Our freshmen class has some A+ athletes with serious skills. The question mark is the other returning vets. If we see serious progress from our returning 4's and 3's, then we are impossible to guard and terrifying on defense. Also, (hot take) Beard is going to be massive from a leadership and production standpoint. He knows he can play with anyone now and he's going to be dangerous. He's going to bring that old man game.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Pinto

If they don't want to say it, then I will: Dan Gafford will have a much larger impact than Moses Kingsley did last year! Take it to the bank

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Pinto on October 18, 2017, 08:24:12 pm
If they don't want to say it, then I will: Dan Gafford will have a much larger impact than Moses Kingsley did last year! Take it to the bank

CMA alluded to that in an interview when they asked oh, how are you going to overcome losing MK? CMA was like, I can't remember exactly, but something like, we'll get by with out the shot blocker.  Basically saying, yes, MK was a really good shot blocker, but there are other parts to the game we think we'll improve in.

Pinto

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 18, 2017, 08:45:19 pm
CMA alluded to that in an interview when they asked oh, how are you going to overcome losing MK? CMA was like, I can't remember exactly, but something like, we'll get by with out the shot blocker.  Basically saying, yes, MK was a really good shot blocker, but there are other parts to the game we think we'll improve in.

Because he doesn't want to put pressure on Gafford before he's even played a game. Dan will be just as good or better protecting the paint as Kingsley

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Pinto on October 18, 2017, 08:51:59 pm
Because he doesn't want to put pressure on Gafford before he's even played a game. Dan will be just as good or better protecting the paint as Kingsley

And if not, big deal - but he will be (as good of a shot blocker as MK).  6'11, long, coordinated, and bouncy AF. 

ADavisTheGOAT

Only thing that worries me about Gafford is his fouls and free throws.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on October 18, 2017, 10:18:04 pm
Only thing that worries me about Gafford is his fouls and free throws.

Love Gafford, absolutely love his game, but foul problems are a big concern for me, too. As much as he gets off the floor, the downside is the contact that a 6-11 guy with a 7-2 wingspan is bound to find on his landing. I saw him get into foul trouble A LOT in HS, hoping college refs won't call all the ticky-tac crap that I saw HS refs call on him. HS refs struggled mightily to officiate the games he played in -- he was so big, long, and active that the refs tended to try to "even" the playing court, so to speak, by showing they weren't afraid to call fouls on him and make things easier for undersized opponents.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on October 18, 2017, 10:35:41 pm
Love Gafford, absolutely love his game, but foul problems are a big concern for me, too. As much as he gets off the floor, the downside is the contact that a 6-11 guy with a 7-2 wingspan is bound to find on his landing. I saw him get into foul trouble A LOT in HS, hoping college refs won't call all the ticky-tac crap that I saw HS refs call on him. HS refs struggled mightily to officiate the games he played in -- he was so big, long, and active that the refs tended to try to "even" the playing court, so to speak, by showing they weren't afraid to call fouls on him and make things easier for undersized opponents.
HS refs are usually bad so I don't blame him. It'll probably take a few games for him to adjust to the college refs too. That said, I'm very excited to see him grow as a player.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Pinto

He has stated to me that he has been working on the rules of verticality so hopefully he has gotten better at going straight up. And yes, the high school refs were awful last year. I know SEC officials can be irritating at times but no where close to as bad as what the Arkansas high school officials have been these past few years...

kaki

Have not seen all the SEC tandems representing their teams, saw a couple, and our guys presented themselves as being more humble, more articulate and more composed than the ones I saw.  Very proud of both these guys

The_Iceman

Quote from: azhog10 on October 18, 2017, 04:25:23 pm
Only if and when he had to interview Mike Neighbors.

Jimmy Dykes would handle it will 100% class and professionalism. If you think otherwise, you don't know the man.

azhog10

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 19, 2017, 09:11:00 am
Jimmy Dykes would handle it will 100% class and professionalism. If you think otherwise, you don't know the man.
From what I've been told he didn't handle his time here as coach with 100% class and professionalism. I like JD, but I was shocked to hear how he was behind the scenes with his players.

The_Iceman

Crazy to think that he is only the same height as Kevin Durant and the Greek Freak.