Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 19, 2024, 04:57:00 am

AFN Afghanistan

Started by Shocktheman, August 30, 2012, 09:26:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Shocktheman

Hey looking for some help with getting an AFN antenna at FOB Shank.  Ours was destroyed by VBIED, now I cant watch the HOGS.  Of course replacing the AFN antenna is not a priority considering everything else that needs to be fixed, but I sure want one.  Any ideas at to who can authorize an AFN antenna, or who would even have one in theater?

Otherwise Im kinda hosed. . .no HOGS games for me!
Thanks in advance!

Ragnar Hogbrok

FOB Shank...part of my battalion was there my last tour.  I was at JBAD. 

The only advice I can give you is to look into FOO money.  FOO stands for Field Ordering Officer.  Each company should have a representative authorized to spend up to a certain amount on items to improve life.  Look there first.  It will probably be the fastest.

Also, you can try and find the MWR rep for Shank and see if they have any antennas stashed away in a milvan.  You never know. 

Lastly, you can "redistribute" military property from someone else's unit to yours, but that is frowned upon and highly discouraged 8) .

Good luck, man.  I hope you get access to AFN soon.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Shocktheman

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on August 30, 2012, 01:27:16 pm
FOB Shank...part of my battalion was there my last tour.  I was at JBAD. 

The only advice I can give you is to look into FOO money.  FOO stands for Field Ordering Officer.  Each company should have a representative authorized to spend up to a certain amount on items to improve life.  Look there first.  It will probably be the fastest.

Also, you can try and find the MWR rep for Shank and see if they have any antennas stashed away in a milvan.  You never know. 

Lastly, you can "redistribute" military property from someone else's unit to yours, but that is frowned upon and highly discouraged 8) .

Good luck, man.  I hope you get access to AFN soon.

many thanks, ill look into those suggestions.  +1

RoboRazor

If this is still an issue, I can help you out.  PM me

Airforcehawg

Shank...man you guys have a lot of "fun" There....Be safe brother!