Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aircraft Fuel Systems Repair (2A6X4)

Started by cubsfan5150, May 28, 2007, 09:36:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cubsfan5150

Anyone else on here in that career field.  I hate the job, but I've met some of the best people in the world doing it. 
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

slopinhogs

August 14, 2007, 06:16:37 pm #1 Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 01:45:06 pm by slopinhogs
have you ever replaced a forward fuel cell on an a6 on the flight deck underway . did that in two days in the med.

how about the forward fuel cell on an A3 D we had one that came our of NArf at north island and when it trapped aboard ship it flamed out. it would cat off but every time it trapped it flamed out. pulled the top off and there was a man made ladder painted black made from 1/2 inch pipe they had wrapped the bottom of the legs in rags and duct taped it on. on the trap the stuff would wash around the fuel pump and starve the engines during refueling they would wash away. me and pappy Louder got  a three day pass for finding that one.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Uncle D

Fuel Cell guy here (c-5/c-17).  I too hate the job.  Where yall stationed? Ramstein enroute here.

cubsfan5150

Little Rock here, been here for 8 years.  It sucks.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

Uncle D

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on September 20, 2007, 08:11:54 am
Little Rock here, been here for 8 years.  It sucks.

Would love to be stationed there but not in our career field.  I have heard that the 130s are a mf to work on.  I used to be stationed at McChord in Washington and that was a cake job there.  We hardly ever had any work. 

slopinhogs

September 30, 2007, 01:50:25 pm #5 Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 01:58:31 pm by slopinhogs
ever changed an ATM on a A3D Skywarrior in tiawon with a guy with an ak47 50 feet from you , a war going on azround the end of the runway in 100 degree heat with one man to help. to say it was a easy job would be a total lie.
we got er done though and launced out of there just before they blew up the run way with rocket fire . this was during the Viet nam war

some problems on the c130 can be a hard job like the to tail light an the tail fin. i sent my 8 year old grand son up through the tail to replace the bulb and he did an excellent job .no one else was small enough to go up through the tail vertical fin and he saved us about three days of work.

what was hard was changeing the #5 JUG ON A WILLY VICTOR.. a lot of work requirng little inteligence just a knoledgeable hard worker.

have you ever straightened the fins of a turbo jet afterburner with a steel rule and a ball peen hammer.the old J79 and the F4 were that way.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die