Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attendance @ today's game looks HORRIBLE on TV

Started by Mike Shelton, November 23, 2012, 02:12:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Fan...DOH!

I see that you clearly do, in fact, have road rage. 

Look man, maybe it was 68K.  You are clearly picking nits for no particular reason.  Ya, I was at the game.  The upper decks, with the exception of the Northeast corner, were almost completely full.  It was impressive, considering the situation and the weather. 

If you'd take some meds and reduce your hyper-tension, you might think back to games in previous years with fewer season ticket sales.  In those seasons, you might remember that the NE and NW upper decks were the last to fill.  And with those empty portions of the upper decks, crowds were regularly announced over 70K.  With this year's increased season ticket sales, any empty seats in the lower bowl were made up by increased tickets in the upper decks.  The indoor clubs were also very full. 

So yes, I believe an announced crowd over 70K is reasonable.  Don't drive angry. 

Hawg414

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on November 25, 2012, 12:05:45 am
I see that you clearly do, in fact, have road rage. 

Look man, maybe it was 68K.  You are clearly picking nits for no particular reason.  Ya, I was at the game.  The upper decks, with the exception of the Northeast corner, were almost completely full.  It was impressive, considering the situation and the weather. 

If you'd take some meds and reduce your hyper-tension, you might think back to games in previous years with fewer season ticket sales.  In those seasons, you might remember that the NE and NW upper decks were the last to fill.  And with those empty portions of the upper decks, crowds were regularly announced over 70K.  With this year's increased season ticket sales, any empty seats in the lower bowl were made up by increased tickets in the upper decks.  The indoor clubs were also very full. 

So yes, I believe an announced crowd over 70K is reasonable.  Don't drive angry.

that would equate to 1 out of about every 11 seats being empty. 

id say it looked more like 1 of every 4.  after half.. less than 1 of 2.

HOG FAN 4 LIFE

Not every single hog fan lives in Arkansas people. For the people who live out of state that want to talk trash about attendance, let them. The "you say that, yet you weren't there" people need to shut it.
Go Hogs! Go Rangers! Go Cowboys! Go Mavs! Go Stars!

fiercefiasco

The fans that stayed after halftime made up in volume what they lacked in numbers.  Far louder than WMS has been for years.

pigfeet

This thread gives us so much insight into the the whole NWA/LR debate.

The OP never once mentioned WMS or that it was a mistake. Most of the responses were so defensive and immediately started calling WMS a dump and calling the LR people idiots. I've alreadty stated that I can not make this game due to being out of town for the holidays every year, but my seats were taken. With that being said, lets take a closer look at the the posters that clearly became defensive at a simple statement that stated the stadium looked empty:

"Looks 95% sold out." (LOL)

"Yep just what I thought Jack Monkey's" (sensitive?)

"Looks pretty good for a team playing so poorly" (must have pretty low standards)

"if the hogs we''re #5 it would beSRO" (gotta be a top 5 team?)

"Because we're losing 10-0 at half" (really? down 10 at half is a good reason?)

"The University is located in Fayetteville" (wow, when did this happen? Captain obvious)

"I'm for playing games in Little Rock . . . as soon as a new 72,000 seat stadium is built there" (not sure why this would matter)

"crowd was amazingly good considering how cold it was and bad our team sucks" (now our fans are too dumb to know how to dress properly)

"We left early because of the cold we also had to drive back to Ada, Oklahoma to go to the OU -OSU (smh, don't know what to say)

"I am sorry, but if you were not at the [CENSORED] game, stop bitching about the [CENSORED] attendance." (but,but it was cold) "continuous whining about the game not being in THE DUMP is getting old." (who mentioned LR? Hyper sensitive?)

"Whoever started this thread is an idiot" (but then goes on to say) "There where 45 after halftime" (in the same post, smh)

"End of story...It's over for the dump in LR" (typical GSD poster)

"If we are going to play 3 1/2 hours away for a "home" game" (try driving a vehicle next time, a lot faster)

"As a memorial fine.. as a current functioning SEC stadium it's a dump" (get a suite then, if you require something nice)

"If we had a decent season it would have been packed" (so the fans have to have a good season to attend)

"you LR idiots act like we were 11-1 and fighting for the Sugar Bowl..absolutely stupid." (very intelligent post by another GSD fanatic)

"Some people moved to the east side so they could be in the sun" (so there were plenty of empty seats on the east side for people to shift to)

"Let's be honest.  If Arkansas had a decent season, that stadium would have been packed." (no way, NWA fans will sell out if you give them LSU, regardless of record)

"I don't blame People for leaving early the second half was cold"

So its very clear that we as Arkansas fans require the following:

Indoor stadium, Top 10 team, and maybe a head coach?

RazorbackRon

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 24, 2012, 11:13:22 pm
That's preposterous.  That may be how many tickets were sold, but there were nowhere near that many there. 

The part of the student section above the band was almost completely empty.  And maybe the stands looked pretty full on TV, but that's alway deceiving.  There were empty seats everywhere.  Our section was probably 2/3 full.  The field boxes along the upper deck railing were empty so people moved down into the chairbacks there.

By the start of the fourth quarter, almost the entire south end zone was empty.
Over 71,000 in the stands?  Not even close.

That's preposterous.  You are wrong again (I've noticed you make allot of incorrect statements).

Where were you sitting?  In the grassy knoll up in the NE corner outside the stadium?  If not you are a troublemaker or you need glasses.

I was in the south endzone and yes there were empty seats but AT THE END OF THE GAME, the south endzone was approx 2/3 full.   Of course in your world 2/3 full may equate to empty but not in everyone elses.   

Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

code red

1st Half

2nd Half

As you can see lots of folks stuck around...I would estimate close to 70K....and about 48K stayed.  I do think some folks used unsold tickets to go out and get back in...the reason for the 71K estimate.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

EastexHawg

Quote from: RazorbackRon on November 25, 2012, 10:47:22 am
That's preposterous.  You are wrong again (I've noticed you make allot of incorrect statements).

Where were you sitting?  In the grassy knoll up in the NE corner outside the stadium?  If not you are a troublemaker or you need glasses.

I was in the south endzone and yes there were empty seats but AT THE END OF THE GAME, the south endzone was approx 2/3 full.   Of course in your world 2/3 full may equate to empty but not in everyone elses.

I was sitting on the west side at about the 15 yard line...and I would love to have one of those overhead CBS shots some people are talking about.  2/3 full at the end of the game?  Again, that is preposterous.

Look, I want all the games played in Fayetteville, but I also call a spade a spade.  The crowd was decent, about what I would expect for La-Lafayette during deer season.  But for the official attendance to be alleged at about 900 below official capacity is exaggeration to say the least, and a damn lie to say the most.

The stadium wasn't half full throughout most of the fourth quarter, and probably 1/4 of the people left were LSU fans.

WSPHOG

Good crowd of Hog fans!! Nothing better then a hog football game. We are all on the same team correct?

SpaCityHawg

Quote from: HOG FAN 4 LIFE on November 25, 2012, 03:27:04 am
Not every single hog fan lives in Arkansas people. For the people who live out of state that want to talk trash about attendance, let them. The "you say that, yet you weren't there" people need to shut it.

People that won't attend unless it's convenient are the ones that need to shut it.

rnclittlerock

Quote from: nutted on November 23, 2012, 03:40:31 pm
recruits can see the construction around the stadium......looks good....

because after 3 years of playing for the likes of nutt, smith, etc., they'll need a job as a painter's helper.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: WSPHOG on November 25, 2012, 11:51:18 am
Good crowd of Hog fans!! Nothing better then a hog football game. We are all on the same team correct?

Nice picture. This is right behind my seats.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

RazorbackRon

Quote from: WSPHOG on November 25, 2012, 11:51:18 am

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 25, 2012, 02:18:45 pm
Nice picture. This is right behind my seats.

I sit in the section below you guys - sec 124.  So do you agree or disagree with EastexHawg's claim that the south end zone was empty by the start of the 4th qtr?  I said preposterous!!!

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 24, 2012, 11:13:22 pm
By the start of the fourth quarter, almost the entire south end zone was empty.

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: RazorbackRon on November 25, 2012, 02:36:06 pm

I sit in the section below you guys - sec 124.  So do you agree or disagree with EastexHawg's claim that the south end zone was empty by the start of the 4th qtr?  I said preposterous!!!

We are in 225. Under the circumstances it was a very good crowd.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hawg414

Quote from: HogRocks on November 25, 2012, 09:05:16 am
This thread gives us so much insight into the the whole NWA/LR debate.

The OP never once mentioned WMS or that it was a mistake. Most of the responses were so defensive and immediately started calling WMS a dump and calling the LR people idiots. I've alreadty stated that I can not make this game due to being out of town for the holidays every year, but my seats were taken. With that being said, lets take a closer look at the the posters that clearly became defensive at a simple statement that stated the stadium looked empty:

"Looks 95% sold out." (LOL)

"Yep just what I thought Jack Monkey's" (sensitive?)

"Looks pretty good for a team playing so poorly" (must have pretty low standards)

"if the hogs we''re #5 it would beSRO" (gotta be a top 5 team?)

"Because we're losing 10-0 at half" (really? down 10 at half is a good reason?)

"The University is located in Fayetteville" (wow, when did this happen? Captain obvious)

"I'm for playing games in Little Rock . . . as soon as a new 72,000 seat stadium is built there" (not sure why this would matter)

"crowd was amazingly good considering how cold it was and bad our team sucks" (now our fans are too dumb to know how to dress properly)

"We left early because of the cold we also had to drive back to Ada, Oklahoma to go to the OU -OSU (smh, don't know what to say)

"I am sorry, but if you were not at the [CENSORED] game, stop bitching about the [CENSORED] attendance." (but,but it was cold) "continuous whining about the game not being in THE DUMP is getting old." (who mentioned LR? Hyper sensitive?)

"Whoever started this thread is an idiot" (but then goes on to say) "There where 45 after halftime" (in the same post, smh)

"End of story...It's over for the dump in LR" (typical GSD poster)

"If we are going to play 3 1/2 hours away for a "home" game" (try driving a vehicle next time, a lot faster)

"As a memorial fine.. as a current functioning SEC stadium it's a dump" (get a suite then, if you require something nice)

"If we had a decent season it would have been packed" (so the fans have to have a good season to attend)

"you LR idiots act like we were 11-1 and fighting for the Sugar Bowl..absolutely stupid." (very intelligent post by another GSD fanatic)

"Some people moved to the east side so they could be in the sun" (so there were plenty of empty seats on the east side for people to shift to)

"Let's be honest.  If Arkansas had a decent season, that stadium would have been packed." (no way, NWA fans will sell out if you give them LSU, regardless of record)

"I don't blame People for leaving early the second half was cold"

So its very clear that we as Arkansas fans require the following:

Indoor stadium, Top 10 team, and maybe a head coach?

very astute observation

WSPHOG

Most of the south outdoor club fans were going back and forth between the heated indoor area with tv's and the stadium seating so it looked like everybody left but just constantly moving around to warm up. Some obviously left early but not what most the jokers on here are saying.

I would say 70% of the negative Nancy's on hogville about the attendance probably haven't been to a game in years.

longtimeHogfan

The fans around us were on their feet for most of the game and LOUD!  The Sunday paper said attendance was 72,000.  Not a sellout but good, nonetheless. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Slavic1

I live in LR and I usally don't get into the whole LR vs Fay thing. I work in a sports bar in town and we all agree the crowd looked weak.  On tv it sounded bad too, we could hear the LSU band more than anything. We used to have season tix to all home games but stopped going to Fay because its boring. We were told on multiple time to stop beening loud and sit down. Happened at 6 different games pretty sad. I will support them no matter what, but it doesn't make you a bigger fan because u choose to go. Money is a issue also.  Very player I have I have met says LR is a better place to play. But its all good to me, I am with them no matter were they play! The biggest thing to me with LSU the day after thanksgiving is the amount of people around. People from all over come to LR shop and then watch the hogs. Put it on another day and you will be packed up there no dought! IMO only of course.

Hogfaniam

November 25, 2012, 07:36:43 pm #118 Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 07:56:40 pm by Hogfaniam
concerning the cold, did the temps take a sudden, unexpected drop?  with all the weather apps that there are, no one should be caught unexpectedly.  we survived the liberty bowl just fine by being well prepared.  the cotton bowl against missouri, not so much. 
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Athog

Quote from: hobhog on November 23, 2012, 02:30:29 pm
Love "fans" that bitch about bad attendance from home.....

And claim to be real fans!! Put up or shut up!!

EastexHawg

Quote from: WSPHOG on November 25, 2012, 05:20:44 pm
Most of the south outdoor club fans were going back and forth between the heated indoor area with tv's and the stadium seating so it looked like everybody left

So it looked like the south end zone was mostly empty but everyone was just inside, behind the glass getting warm? 

How many people can fit inside?

And I don't know if I am a "Negative Nancy", but I was there.  From where I was sitting it looked like the south end zone cleared out as if a TB outbreak had been announced.

Slavic1

So I can't afford to go to the games! I am A Hugh fan and can complain just like everyone else. Some of you on here are rude and pretty pathetic.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 25, 2012, 07:50:11 pm
So it looked like the south end zone was mostly empty but everyone was just inside, behind the glass getting warm? 

How many people can fit inside?

And I don't know if I am a "Negative Nancy", but I was there.  From where I was sitting it looked like the south end zone cleared out as if a TB outbreak had been announced.

Then you need glasses.   I was in the south endzone in sec 124 (lower level) and the south endzone was NOT empty during the 4th qtr.

HOG FAN 4 LIFE

Quote from: Athog on November 25, 2012, 07:46:13 pm
And claim to be real fans!! Put up or shut up!!
Because only real fans live in NWA their whole lives. Makes sense. You can't be a hog fan and live in a different state according to some on this site.
Go Hogs! Go Rangers! Go Cowboys! Go Mavs! Go Stars!

RazorbackRon

Quote from: Slavic1 on November 25, 2012, 07:55:29 pm
So I can't afford to go to the games! I am A Hugh fan and can complain just like everyone else. Some of you on here are rude and pretty pathetic.

NO, you can't complain about attendance if you weren't at the game.  If you don't understand that, then neither I nor God can help you.

twistitup

Awesome crowd considering the wind chill - dayyuuummm it was cold.

Crowd stuck around much better than I expected - 67-70,000 for sure at beginning- underdressed began leaving before half.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

RyeHogFan

Quote from: zxbeer on November 24, 2012, 11:10:39 pm
I cleaned the stadium today and believe me there was enough trash and peanuts throughout ,That it had to be full

Sorry bout the peanuts, I wish they gave us something to throw the shells in.

Quote from: Slavic1 on November 25, 2012, 07:55:29 pm

Freeze?

Quote from: HOG FAN 4 LIFE on November 25, 2012, 07:57:06 pm
Because only real fans live in NWA their whole lives. Makes sense. You can't be a hog fan and live in a different state according to some on this site.

Nah, I drove up from Texas.  Us out-of-staters show just as much support everyday, in enemy territory at that.

On a different note, I went to my first Fayetteville game in like 4 years this weekend after a few years of only WMS games.  I gotta tell ya from an objective,no-agenda viewpoint, there's just no comparison between RRS and WMS, facility-wise.  This is coming from a guy that loves going to WMS and the old-school atmosphere it has.  RRS just looks like a SEC stadium.  I had several LSU fans tell me as such while we were shuttling back to the Baum parking lot.  This was their first time in RRS, and they asked me, "Why would ya'll ever play in Little Rock?"  I told them it was all about tradition and it being a reasonable drive for fans in southern, eastern, and central AR who it might be difficult for them to make it to NWA.  They said, "But it's such a better stadium here.  It's what an SEC stadium is supposed to look like."  I knew that they couldn't understand the dynamics of Razorback football, but from an outsiders' prospective, it seems crazy to not have home games in RRS.  I hope that when this contract runs out, they can at least keep one game in WMS. I'd be ok with alternating the MS schools each year.  This year was a tragically down year, but mark my words, the next time LSU comes here, we will be playing for more than just pride and the RRS crowd will not be so quick to leave, regardless of the weather, which btw was REALLY cold, I mean it was miserable at some times.  I stayed until Tyler's final pass went over the head of McKay.  I was praying for overtime, even while I was shivering. 

RebelAt

Quote from: Hogfaniam on November 25, 2012, 07:36:43 pm
concerning the cold, did the temps take a sudden, unexpected drop?  with all the weather apps that there are, no one should be caught unexpectedly.  we survived the liberty bowl just fine by being well prepared.  the cotton bowl against missouri, not so much. 

You know, while a good percentage of people were dressed appropriately, I was shocked at the number of people who were dressing like it was going to be close to 60 degrees.  I walked past one girl who had a thin shirt on over a sun dress, for example, and saw a number of already freezing LSU fans.  I don't normally think 40 degree weather as cold, but that wind sure made it feel colder and burned my cheeks red.

EastexHawg

Quote from: RazorbackRon on November 25, 2012, 07:56:29 pm
Then you need glasses.   I was in the south endzone in sec 124 (lower level) and the south endzone was NOT empty during the 4th qtr.

I didn't say it was completely empty.  I said it was mostly empty.  One of your south end zone mates just commented that it "looked like everybody left". 

My participation in this thread started with me saying the announced attendance of over 71,000 is preposterous.  It was and is.

Official capacity of the stadium is 72,000.  To get more than 72,000 in we have to utilize the "temporary" bleachers atop the south end zone.  There was no one in that section.

The part of the student section above the band was also almost empty.  How many seats are in that area?

The corners of the east side upper deck were almost empty.  The rest of the upper deck was about half full.  How many seats are on those areas?

I couldn't see the west side upper deck as well from where we were sitting, but I would be willing to bet it wasn't full, either.  I know most of the field box seats, or whatever they call the chairback areas along the railing of the upper deck, where mostly empty because people from our section went down and sat there...and our section was nowhere near full to start with.

To claim there were fewer than 1,000 empty seats is either foolishness or an outright lie.  Take your pick.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 26, 2012, 09:04:25 am
I didn't say it was completely empty.  I said it was mostly empty.  One of your south end zone mates just commented that it "looked like everybody left". 

I agree with allot of what you say and we all know the 71,000 number is 'Sold' tickets not attendance.  My big disagreement with you is that the South End Zone looked 'mostly empty'.  Maybe in the club section where people had a chance to go inside it was but in the lower section of the south end zone it was NOT mostly empty.  If you sit up high, maybe that's what you saw but I will dispute you all day long about the lower section.

FWIW, I thought the crowd was very good for a 4-7 team coached by a clown.   As several have mentioned, it was downright cold in the second half with the wind blowing in our faces.   I brought a jacket and gloves but wished I had dressed warmer.  Most of us in the NOT empty south endzone stood for most of the 2nd half trying to get warmer (it was also better than getting up & down with old, cold knees).