Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goolsby sets 1st official....

Started by SPAL, August 06, 2013, 02:51:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipsey Mussle

All 5 guys who made crystal ball predictions have Goolsby going to the Hogs. 2 of the 5 who made a prediction are from Ohio State.

Anyone know when he's planning on visiting?

HogFoo

Quote from: BBsTheMan on October 03, 2013, 10:53:39 pm
All 5 guys who made crystal ball predictions have Goolsby going to the Hogs. 2 of the 5 who made a prediction are from Ohio State.

Anyone know when he's planning on visiting?
I Had Heard That.  Wasn't His Father Big On The Hogs I Thought.  I Would Think With How Much Hunter Henry Is Being Used As A True Frosh.  It Would Only Make A TE Want To Come Even More.  Coach B Has Stated That He Wants To Try To Have 7-8 TEs On The Team At All Times. Kind Of The Way BP Did Wit WRs. Coach B Has Said Before H Likes To Bring In That Kind Of Athletes That Can Play TE Like That Because There Are So Many Other Positions They Could Fill If They Grew More Or Added More Weight.  So Yeah I Could See Top TEs Coming.  I Don't Think Adding Ravian Pierce Will Hurt At All With Getting Goolsby.   Perhaps We'll Hear Some New Info Soon.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

hogwild210

I wonder if getting Pierce AND Goolsby would hurt with Gragg.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Scott7703

Quote from: hogwild210 on October 04, 2013, 11:15:09 am

I don't think it would hurt at all. All of these guys can lineup inside or outside. Great athletes.

Soonerman12

Quote from: HogFoo on October 03, 2013, 08:42:16 pm
hmm...  last time I looked Bell is not on pace to break 3500yards + like you said he would.  Or did you forget that? How have you called me out exactly again? The self imposed agreement you made was that if Heuppel didnt make Bell into a 3500+ yard passer at the end of the year.   you said that you would vacate the premise for a year if he didn't have that many yards.  Obviously he wasn't near that and that's when you went into your hole to hide.  Ill admit, Bell has made a few strides but,   He's an average QB at best.  He's not a gunslinger like you said he would be made into.   Of course, entering the crappy defense league that you guys play in, he may indeed have to face the types of defenses such as the caliber of Tulsa.  definitely no better than that.  SO, it's not so much that Bell would be made into a great passer but rather that the big12 defenses and teams suck more this year than EVER before.  Im sure he will end up just like every other OU QB that makes it into the NFL.  If he even gets drafted as a QB instead of a TE or something.   

Oh and about the blasting earlier in this thread, even though it hadn't much to do with Goolsby , and ended up being more about an argument we had from a previous thread dealing with who the greater college running back was.  I don't recall bashing you at all after the schooling I gave you on your DMAC<AP arguments.   

I'm sorry. You called the big 12 a crappy defensive league? Have you seen the sec this year? 7 of the Big 12's 10 def are in the top 40 in yards per play,including Oklahoma .The SEC has just 2 teams in the top 40. Have you seen OU play defense this year? I think you need to go look at the stats. Like Stoops said earlier this week, " it's a wonder how bad the defenses look when there's actually nfl QB's week in and week out playing against you." Welcome to how the big 12 felt the last 6-7 years.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Soonerman12 on October 05, 2013, 11:30:45 pm
I'm sorry. You called the big 12 a crappy defensive league? Have you seen the sec this year? 7 of the Big 12's 10 def are in the top 40 in yards per play,including Oklahoma .The SEC has just 2 teams in the top 40. Have you seen OU play defense this year? I think you need to go look at the stats. Like Stoops said earlier this week, " it's a wonder how bad the defenses look when there's actually nfl QB's week in and week out playing against you." Welcome to how the big 12 felt the last 6-7 years.
It's a wonder how badly the SEC makes those nfl qb's look in title games. All 5 of the crystal ball predictions have Goolsby to the Hogs, he must not have heard how incredible Stephen Alexander was in the pro's. He indeed must've missed all 2 catches he had.

Choctaw Hog

I think the poster meant to say the Big 12 is a $hit league in all aspects.  Use your common sense, if you have any, and explain how any conference with these "juggernaut" programs can be considered good. 

Is it your argument that Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, West Virginia, and Oklahoma State are consistently top level programs and make for interesting and marquee match ups?  If you really believe that then you shouldn't even be allowed near a computer.  And the old glory days of Texas and OU are long gone. Texas, with the right coach, has the ability to regain dominance but OU doesn't and will never again unless they go back to their old ways of cheating like they did when they were a power. 

I really don't know why you post so frequently on an ARKANSAS message board but it could be that your are a closet Hog fan and are fighting it with all your might  to try and stay with that cheating program, the Oklahoma Sooners.  Hell even their mascot implies cheating and it's very fitting. 

I had the misfortune to be born and raised in Oklahoma City but the sense to leave at the first opportunity.  You should consider doing the same if you haven't already and quit posting on this board with your drivel.   

Soonerman12

Quote from: BBsTheMan on October 06, 2013, 12:22:36 am
It's a wonder how badly the SEC makes those nfl qb's look in title games. All 5 of the crystal ball predictions have Goolsby to the Hogs, he must not have heard how incredible Stephen Alexander was in the pro's. He indeed must've missed all 2 catches he had.

OU has a pro bowl tight end in the league right now. Tell me, how did DJ Williams turn out? Anyways, don't care. OU has an espn top 150 tight end already committed. Lead on the number 1 Juco tight end.

To the sec made nfl QB's look bad. Not really. Though, I will say that they are good when they have a month to prepare. We 're seeing how hard it is to prepare for good QB's week in and week out. Like I said earlier, welcome to what the big 12 has had to deal with the last 6-7 years. It's not easy. Good QB's make defenses look horrible when those D's only have a week to prepare.

Soonerman12

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on October 06, 2013, 09:46:13 am
I think the poster meant to say the Big 12 is a $hit league in all aspects.  Use your common sense, if you have any, and explain how any conference with these "juggernaut" programs can be considered good. 

Is it your argument that Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, West Virginia, and Oklahoma State are consistently top level programs and make for interesting and marquee match ups?  If you really believe that then you shouldn't even be allowed near a computer.  And the old glory days of Texas and OU are long gone. Texas, with the right coach, has the ability to regain dominance but OU doesn't and will never again unless they go back to their old ways of cheating like they did when they were a power. 

I really don't know why you post so frequently on an ARKANSAS message board but it could be that your are a closet Hog fan and are fighting it with all your might  to try and stay with that cheating program, the Oklahoma Sooners.  Hell even their mascot implies cheating and it's very fitting. 

I had the misfortune to be born and raised in Oklahoma City but the sense to leave at the first opportunity.  You should consider doing the same if you haven't already and quit posting on this board with your drivel.   

Wait. OU-- ranked in the top ten and undefeated-- is past their glory days? Haha! OU just had 3 5 star recruits and 3 4 star recruits from Cali just this past weekend. Number 1 player in Cali adoree Jackson , joe Mixon, quick and 3 4 star players.

OU is 5-0. In the top 10. Please, talk noise when hogs are on that level. I know you live in Oklahoma and hate it. Doesn't mean you need to be so biased and blind in your hate.

titanhawg

Quote from: Soonerman12 on October 06, 2013, 10:45:40 am
Wait. OU-- ranked in the top ten and undefeated-- is past their glory days? Haha! OU just had 3 5 star recruits and 3 4 star recruits from Cali just this past weekend. Number 1 player in Cali adoree Jackson , joe Mixon, quick and 3 4 star players.

OU is 5-0. In the top 10. Please, talk noise when hogs are on that level. I know you live in Oklahoma and hate it. Doesn't mean you need to be so biased and blind in your hate.

Talk to us again in January after OU again doesn't win the NC and the SEC does.

backout60

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on October 06, 2013, 09:46:13 am

yea.. because vandy, ole miss, arky, tennessee, kentucky, miss st, mizzou, auburn are all top level programs who compete for championships and play stellar defense!!!

backout60

Quote from: titanhawg on October 06, 2013, 12:00:54 pm
Talk to us again in January after OU again doesn't win the NC and the SEC does.

talk to us when Arkansas actually is competitive and actually adds something to the SEC instead of sucking off the teet of the top 3 teams in the sec, florida bama lsu

Soonerman12

Quote from: backout60 on October 06, 2013, 12:39:06 pm
talk to us when Arkansas actually is competitive and actually adds something to the SEC instead of sucking off the teet of the top 3 teams in the sec, florida bama lsu

To expand on my defense comment: Sooners rank No. 6 nationally in scoring defense (13.0 ppg), No. 6 in pass efficiency defense (90.44) and No. 9 in total defense (281.6 yds)

HogFoo

Oh you have a top 150 TE already committed?  Good, then go on your self imposed ban again back into your hole.  No one gives a crap about OU around here.  Your school is one of the all time biggest cheaters in the history of football.  You play in a 2nd tier league that's even worse now that your top school UT is in the toilet.  Here's the deal. 

Hogs are indeed down this year.  So what.  New coach, new philosophy.  Not enough of his kind of players to run his system yet.  But, he'll get there.  And he'll have the hogs back into the top 5 within 3yrs the same way BP did it and it will be done in the hardest league in America.  Not some lame azz weak12 league. 

BB has put more players into the NFL since he was at wisky than anyone in the SEC.  And that was with "less than 5 star" quality players. He just transformed them into star players.  I have no reason to believe that BB won't do the same at Arkansas.  Except , he's starting out with higher rated players now that he is recruiting , and given time will have it rolling here as well.  The very same way BP did except with a different philosophy.   

Again, I really could care less who OU has coming in, what OU does, who OU pays, whatever.  I do not care.  THis is an Arkansas fan page. There is an SEC portion to it though. So, id suggest you go spew your crap, because that's all it is, in that forum.  And take your oklahomo buddies with you.

Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Soonerman12 on October 06, 2013, 10:45:40 am

Tell me about who OU has beaten this year? Don't say Notre Dame bc they are awful.

backout60

Quote from: BBsTheMan on October 06, 2013, 02:22:39 pm
Tell me about who OU has beaten this year? Don't say Notre Dame bc they are awful.

well we just defensively dominated TCU who put up 27 on LSU, who is supposedly pretty good. We dominated a ULM team who put up all kinds of yards and points against yalls SEC defense last year.

backout60

and TCU didnt have a first down in the first half, which no matter who you are is a n awesome feat.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: backout60 on October 06, 2013, 02:29:32 pm
well we just defensively dominated TCU who put up 27 on LSU, who is supposedly pretty good. We dominated a ULM team who put up all kinds of yards and points against yalls SEC defense last year.
I'm pretty sure lsu beat tcu a lot more handily than you guys did last night. So a home game where you barely survived vs a 2-3 team is your best win through 5 games? Welcome to the Big 12.

HogFoo

Quote from: backout60 on October 06, 2013, 02:29:32 pm
Why do you post here again?  I mean, you bring up a game against ULM from LAST YEAR to say that OU must be better than the Hogs this year??  How does that work again?   I mean, the hogs were coached by perhaps the worst coach in the history of the college football.  But, how does beating ULM this year for OU mean anything???   Geez dude........... 

BrokenArrowHogs

Quote from: Soonerman12 on October 06, 2013, 01:39:17 pm
To expand on my defense comment: Sooners rank No. 6 nationally in scoring defense (13.0 ppg), No. 6 in pass efficiency defense (90.44) and No. 9 in total defense (281.6 yds)

Yep, OU is good.  One of the premiere programs in that conference every year.  They have every advantage in OK recruiting-wise and against the level of competition they face each week.  They should be good record-wise, they only face a handful of nationally competitive teams in that conference a year.  Not sure why it is so important for you to keep coming to a HOGs board and trying to convince us all how great the Sooners are.  Come on over and try on the SEC West schedule for a change.   

Against the best competition outside their B12/10 league, they results speak for themselves though.  OU is a stronger program than the UoA right now, you got us there.  And as a program with every advantage AR does not enjoy, OU should be consistently better and carry a rich history.  But if you are honest with yourself, and you expect any of us to take you seriously about this topic, go ahead and admit your program is king of a second tier conference that folds when facing the best teams from other conferences in recent history. 

backout60

Quote from: BrokenArrowHogs on October 06, 2013, 04:47:33 pm
Yep, OU is good.  One of the premiere programs in that conference every year.  They have every advantage in OK recruiting-wise and against the level of competition they face each week.  They should be good record-wise, they only face a handful of nationally competitive teams in that conference a year.  Not sure why it is so important for you to keep coming to a HOGs board and trying to convince us all how great the Sooners are.  Come on over and try on the SEC West schedule for a change.   

Against the best competition outside their B12/10 league, they results speak for themselves though.  OU is a stronger program than the UoA right now, you got us there.  And as a program with every advantage AR does not enjoy, OU should be consistently better and carry a rich history.  But if you are honest with yourself, and you expect any of us to take you seriously about this topic, go ahead and admit your program is king of a second tier conference that folds when facing the best teams from other conferences in recent history.

so if OU joins the SEC. it probably goes to 9 conference games. so we schedule 3 ooc games that are easy. the SEC way. so we are 3-0. then we are in the west so we beat ole miss, miss st, arkansas, and auburn. we play 2 sec east teams. probably mizzou and south carolina( they are like our tcu good defense not a good offense. like to ground n pound) so we win that. so we play lsu, bama, a&m. we win one of the 3. more than likely a&m because after manziel leaves they arent the same team and weve pretty much dominated them over the last 20 years or so. (i know they destroyed us but without manziels elusive and freak like play whats their record?) so we are 10-2 or 9-3. which by media standards is top 15 if your an SEC school. plus we are a great recruting school just hard to recruit to big 12 but OU draws in big names. and then we give them the option to play in the SEC which means we get even more big names from texas and Cali( whom we had 7 recruits from cali in this weekend. 2 5* and 5 4*) so we just get even better with able to say not only get to play at OU but also in the SEC.

ps i hate the big 12. wish we wouldve moved.

BrokenArrowHogs

Quote from: backout60 on October 06, 2013, 06:03:35 pm
so if OU joins the SEC. it probably goes to 9 conference games. so we schedule 3 ooc games that are easy. the SEC way. so we are 3-0. then we are in the west so we beat ole miss, miss st, arkansas, and auburn. we play 2 sec east teams. probably mizzou and south carolina( they are like our tcu good defense not a good offense. like to ground n pound) so we win that. so we play lsu, bama, a&m. we win one of the 3. more than likely a&m because after manziel leaves they arent the same team and weve pretty much dominated them over the last 20 years or so. (i know they destroyed us but without manziels elusive and freak like play whats their record?) so we are 10-2 or 9-3. which by media standards is top 15 if your an SEC school. plus we are a great recruting school just hard to recruit to big 12 but OU draws in big names. and then we give them the option to play in the SEC which means we get even more big names from texas and Cali( whom we had 7 recruits from cali in this weekend. 2 5* and 5 4*) so we just get even better with able to say not only get to play at OU but also in the SEC.

ps i hate the big 12. wish we wouldve moved.

...and the string of conf championships end, because as good as OU is in the B12/10, it would not beat Bama and LSU both in the same year consistently and in typical OU fashion they probably lose to one of those other teams you have counted as assumed wins, the fans run Big Game Bob out of town because we both know OU fans think their team is the center of the universe, and then who knows.  Back to the dark years you had before Stoops again? 

Please go find an OU fan board.  No one here cares. 

BrokenArrowHogs

back to the actual thread...

Quote from: hogwild210 on October 04, 2013, 11:15:09 am

Fair question.  Combined with Hunter Henry and Jeremy Sprinkle, you have to guess it is a consideration for a kid, but big time and confident players don't shy away from competition.  Coach B clearly likes to game plan for the TE to see lots of action, and there is more than enough opportunities for a few stud TEs to get fed the ball to control the middle of the field. 

To be the kind of program we want AR to be, we need to reach a point where incoming freshman have studs ahead of them to compete for PT, pushing each other to get better and being more competitive and complete players in the process.  Coach B stated he expects to have 6-7 TEs on the roster as he gets this thing rolling.  You don't see blue chip guys running away from the depth normally.