Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monday (9/25/17) updates ... '20 CF Chris Moore headed back to the Hill

Started by Kevin McPherson, September 25, 2017, 07:47:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

Monday (9/25/17) updates ...

* '20 Chris Moore, the 6-6 combo forward from West Memphis / Wings Elite, will take a second unofficial visit to Fayetteville in October (likely the third weekend) ... he and 3 of his Wings Elite teammates just visited Fayetteville the weekend of the TCU football game, and they left with no offers, prompting me to say this in another thread: "Will be surprised if Chris Moore doesn't pick up a Hog offer soon ... my speculation, but if Arkansas was not prepared to offer all 4 players, it might have been why they did not offer any of them while they were on campus (offering only 1 or 2 might have been awkward with all 4 there)" ... so, at this point I will be very surprised if he comes away without an offer on this 2nd visit, confirming my original feeling that he was oh-so-close to getting one ... BTW, he was visited today at West Memphis by the Memphis Tigers, who were the first D1 school to offer him ... he's also going to visit Oklahoma State on Nov. 4.

* '18 Hog offer Reggie Chaney, 6-8 PF at Findlay Prep by way of Frisco, TX, is expecting TA&M in to Findlay Prep for a visit on Wednesday (they visited him Tues of last week) before he takes his OV to College Station this weekend. IMO, this is the most important uncommitted target that Arkansas is on right now to finish the '18 class, unless something develops with another comparable big. The Ags have really turned the heat up on him of late. If Arkansas can pull him away from both A&M and TCU, the staff will have earned a standing ovation! They probably will deserve one anyway for this class, but Chaney would be a great get at a position of need.

* '18 Hog offer Ian Steere still working on his new list of schools. If not Chaney, this would also be a great nab at a position of need. Not holding my breath, though, because I'm not expecting Steere to make the Hogs a priority, but maybe he will. Love this kid's size, bounce, and game.

* UA coaches likely going to see new '18 Hog commit Keyshawn Embery at IMG Academy sometime next week, which will give them a chance to also see '19 Hog recruit Jahmius Ramsey, a big 6-4 PG originally from Helena who I introduced and talked about in the following thread ...

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=637140.0

* '16 Hog recruit Jared Ridder ... upon his announcement that he was leaving Xavier, I was told immediately that he was going home to Missouri State, so I did not get into the back-and-forth on him in the other thread. There was a story published this evening citing a possibility of Arkansas getting involved, but it was pulled rather quickly after Ridder's commitment to the Bears. I think he's a mid-major player, not that he couldn't play high-major but I think his chances of thriving are much better at the mid-major level.

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Razorod on September 25, 2017, 07:51:32 pm
Thanks Kevin.

Any updates on Hellums or Phillips?

I had updates on both of those guys over the weekend, so here's a bit of a recap on that info ...

* I still think Phillips is close to making an announcement based on him telling me he was not taking his trip to VaTech next weekend, but in addition to Fresno State and Arkansas, hometown SMU is coming more into the picture so maybe he'll check them out (he told me they've offered, too). He favors the Hogs, appreciates Hog fans showing him love, and is just working through the process right now.

* Hellems' AAU coach tells me he believes Arkansas is high on Hellem's list and will likely get an OV, will update asap.

Razorod

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on September 25, 2017, 08:03:28 pm
I had updates on both of those guys over the weekend, so here's a bit of a recap on that info ...

* I still think Phillips is close to making an announcement based on him telling me he was not taking his trip to VaTech next weekend, but in addition to Fresno State and Arkansas, hometown SMU is coming more into the picture so maybe he'll check them out (he told me they've offered, too). He favors the Hogs, appreciates Hog fans showing him love, and is just working through the process right now.

* Hellems' AAU coach tells me he believes Arkansas is high on Hellem's list and will likely get an OV, will update asap.
Thanks very much!
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on September 25, 2017, 07:47:19 pm
Monday (9/25/17) updates ...

* '18 Hog offer Ian Steere still working on his new list of schools. If not Chaney, this would also be a great nab at a position of need. Not holding my breath, though, because I'm not expecting Steere to make the Hogs a priority, but maybe he will. Love this kid's size, bounce, and game.

Steere had visits to NCState, Louisville, and Creighton before committing to the Bluejays. Today, I'm wondering OUT LOUD if Louisville was back in the picture for him after he de-committed from Creighton last week, and now that a Louisville commit is connected to this FBI sting (for allegedly accepting $100,000 to go to Louisville) will that affect his new list of schools. BTW, he told me this morning he's still working on the list.

Also talked to one of my sources who's close to the OK State coach facing charges. Didn't get any info, yet, but the words "shocking" and "sad" were used a lot.