Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HEATH IS:

Started by bosshawg38, January 18, 2006, 09:49:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

John Futrall

Quote from: hogken on January 18, 2006, 10:06:27 pm
what wouldve happened if we won by 1 point? I can hear it now "OH YEAH, I think we finally come of age.....Maybe Heath is the right man"

woulda, coulda, shoulda....I'll be the FIRST to say that if we would've won, I would've had a lot of positives to say about SH....The problem, however, is that, as usual, the team imploded

hogken

maybe next game huh?
one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

RazorNick

5 little pigs

wasting his time.................and ours!

ballhog™

gutless (when he needs to show backbone to your team or the officials)
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

dirthog

"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

dzeppfan77

Hog in MO

deadinthewater

inoverhishead

lameduck

frank'sbadjudgementincarnate

Smithers™

Incompetant

has that been said already?

Tater Salad

Quote from: Smithers™ on January 18, 2006, 11:08:46 pm
Incompetant

has that been said already?

Yeah, but everyone else spelled it correctly...

duckman

MANGINAS......

ALL OF THEM

MANGINAS..........

Tater Salad

Unpopular. (understatement of the day)

WILL CLINTON

not1/2thecoachnolanwas

notindangerofbeingfiredwhilenuttstillroamsthesideline
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Hog in MO

Quote from: hogken on January 18, 2006, 10:06:27 pm
what wouldve happened if we won by 1 point? I can hear it now "OH YEAH, I think we finally come of age.....Maybe Heath is the right man"

You bet I would've been happy, but it didn't happen did it?  Just like it didn't happen the other countless times we were in the same position and I kept the faith but they failed to get it done.  How many meltdowns would you say is enough?  I've been waiting on this team to come of age for too long.  My give-a-schite meter is almost ready to bottom out. 

duckman

OVERPAID

GROSSLY OVERPAID

cream$$$

a good candybar.  I know no other Heaths now.

rodkell

Very lucky to catch Miss State with their two top scorers out and Alabama without their bets player.

Oh, we still lost to those powerhouses.

Texasbite

Like an over cooked steak

DONE

So done, you could stick a fork in him

fieldturf

on the phone with Izzo trying to get his job back at Mich St!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

rzrbkredhot

Ugly Uncle

love-ably incompetent.
Retired Radio Host

Hawg414

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 19, 2006, 02:26:43 am
love-ably incompetent.

hmm... so i guess its official now huh uncle?

Ugly Uncle

O-FISS-YOU-ALL.

You won me over...actually, Heath pushed me over.  I really tried to like this guy.  I really tried to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Now, I am just really tired of losing.  Football, basketball, they still break my heart.  But at least I expect it now.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Plus Karma for you 414...just because you were right.  Should have listened sooner.
Retired Radio Host

Hawg414

i thought youd eventually come around.  you were showing the signs that i had already suffered thru. 

and again, this situation is kinda unique in that i really really like stan heath personally. 
he seems like he'd be a good:
     man
     friend
     father
     neighbor
     uncle
     sunday school teacher

just about anything.  however, you'll notice there is one glaring absence on my list.  unfortunately, said absence is what we pay him for. 

LL COOL HOG

So are u all saying that Heath told Dontell to foul a guy

hoggystyle78

Inoverhisheadbutsafebecauseofnutt

HighOnHogs

pigmania

pigmania

hogfancb

Nolan wasn't that bad.

Chappeee

January 19, 2006, 08:11:00 am #82 Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 08:15:09 am by Chappeee
snake bitten

devildog

MRROSS

dman

Arkiejared

black.

nice.

unconfrontational.

quiet.

Christian.

ToddW

I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

casken

Go ahead and smite, dislike me or whatever you choose.  But these kind of threads are presumptuous, rude, and unproductive.
With all of these assessments...how many of you actually know the man?  How many have been in a practice?  How many have been privileged to coaches and player meetings?  Do you put in the endless hours and feel the daily pressure that your job could be in danger...even as you continually try all you know? You judge and harshly so from a very distant and somewhat uninformed perspective.  You can accurately say things like he can't seem to win on the road.  It is a fact, so far.  You can see he doesn't exhibit the fire I'd like to see on from the bench.  Another observable fact.  But the assassinations of his character etc. are just plain wrong.  I realize many are just "venting"...but what is the gain to vent in such a non productive manner?  He is coaching D-1 ball.  I suspect he has forgotten more than I or most of you will ever know.  Take me to the woodshed...it's okay.  I'm a big boy.  I won't get into a shouting match with you.  There are certainly things I'd like to see as different.  Last nites game was very disappointing in many ways...but never does that justify this kind of response.  It seems like children unhappy because they didn't get their way rather than adults rallying behind their beloved team.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

artyhog

The coach until at least teh end of the season.

If the Hogs do not make the big dance, then maybe I will get on the Heath needs to leave bandwagon.

HogHillbilly

Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

razorsharp96

FireStanHeath.com  <----- This will be up and running after one more loss like that. Don't get me wrong, Heath seems like one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. But Heath has been consistent in giving up double digit leads, scoring droughts of 10 or more minutes numerous times, and not showing the fire within him that will jump the players when they mess up. Also, if Jefferson starts at point over McCurdy in the next game I am done with the razorbacks until they can get someone capable of coaching a team for 40 MINUTES. After Jefferson fouled that guy on the missed 3 -pointer we should've instantly seen Heath take him out and get in his face. Don't let him walk past you and go sit at the end of the bench. And if the 5 guys that are in the game can't score any points in a 5 minute span,  pull all 5 out and put in guys that don't get to play that often, and that have a fire burning to play. If you noticed when Nolan's teams didn't score what did he do? He would pull all 5! After a few minutes he would put the starters in and it would light a flame under their butts. Simple things like that can make or break your college coaching career. Right now Heath's is shattered into a million pieces. Get the glue out, start picking up the pieces and play smart basketball. Get p*ssed off if you have to. But don't just stand there on the sidelines, shaking your head and smiling when someone just goofed up cause it could cost you the game. Hint, Hint: LIKE LAST NIGHT. Given it wasn't all Jefferson's' fault. He didn't give a double digit lead all by himself, but he did make the most boneheaded play I've seen in a long time by an Arkansas Razorback team. We could always look forward to basketball season when our football team wasn't doing so well. What do we have to look forward to now? Do we have a water polo team? If so someone needs to send me a schedule so I can follow them.
"I don't create controversies. They're there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention."  ~ Charles Barkley

hogpowr

Welcome Coach Bielema!

hogoh

HairyHog