Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Helmets-bring these back

Started by Leadbelly, December 30, 2017, 03:01:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on December 31, 2017, 02:34:47 am
These are the best unis we've ever used...

I've always thought the anthracite jerseys, white pants with bold red stripes, and either white helmets for road games or red helmets for home games would be a sharp look ... I've always wanted the baseball team to adopt the Anthracite jersey for road games, too ...

FANONTHEHILL

I decided to question my Razorback about this topic.  I was surprised to hear that he personally hopes the traditional red helmet was back.  Prefers it to the matte cardinal helmet.  He also likes the anthracite once a year.  Says all the recruits want to see the uni and helmet.  It's actually helps the marketing of the brand.  I'm getting used to the anthracite.  Seeing #61 in it probably helps.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Anybody

We are not anthracite.  Arkansas is cardinal and white !

GO HOGS 2018 !

tusksincolorado

Quote from: AP85 on December 30, 2017, 10:00:48 pm
Simpler the better. Speaks volumes too.

Penn State just looks sharp to me. Same uniform and helmets since I was a kid. And I’m 32.

Texas, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, USC, Bama, Auburn, UGA. All of them keep it simple.

This explains a lot....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Leadbelly

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on December 31, 2017, 01:28:20 pm
Ok old man whatever you wanna believe. You being a fan from the 60's gives your opinion no more credence than anyone else. As a matter of fact it probably shows how out of touch you are. The "young punks" are what will make our program relevant, not some Old Timers stuck in nostalgia. Btw I'm referring to the recruits as the "young punks" not young fans. No one cares about some forgotten about ravelry with Texas, No one cares about the South West Conference, and no one cares about "back in nineteen and sixty whatever NC". Check the calendar Lou Holtz and Frank Broyles have been gone for a long time...btw recruits don't even know who they are/were

Ok sonny, a couple of things to point out:
1) never said a word about the SWC
2) never mentioned Lou or Frank
3) you should care about the past concerning the program
4) I directed the 'young punk statement DIRECTLY at you, not anyone else, sorry you couldn't pick up on that!
5) Rivalry is and always has been spelled "Rivalry."
6) I was always taught to respect my elders or my elders would whip my butt.
Btw, I'll autograph you a copy of my book! In fact I may add a Chapter on Razorbacks History for Millennials....sounds like you need it.
Go Hogs Go!!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

HogCard

Quote from: Leadbelly on December 31, 2017, 02:58:15 pm

I might add for the young uns.......let's poll who on average gives more money to the program and then tell me the old farts don't mean squat to a recruit. Without the money the recruits wouldn't have crap to look at when on a recruiting visit. I don't see any 30 year olds with their name on a building.

hoghearted

Love the shiny chrome helmet, in both colors.

Love the 'Bass boat' cardinal helmet

Love the all-anthracite uni, and the all-red combo

Detest the all-white. Just so bland.

In spite of all that, whatever the players want is just fine with me.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Anybody on December 31, 2017, 02:36:12 pm
We are not anthracite.  Arkansas is cardinal and white !

GO HOGS 2018 !

Hear! Hear!
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

JONAS

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on December 31, 2017, 02:32:16 pm
I decided to question my Razorback about this topic.  I was surprised to hear that he personally hopes the traditional red helmet was back.  Prefers it to the matte cardinal helmet.  He also likes the anthracite once a year.  Says all the recruits want to see the uni and helmet.  It's actually helps the marketing of the brand.  I'm getting used to the anthracite.  Seeing #61 in it probably helps.

I don't mind them for a game or two.

JONAS

Quote from: AP85 on December 30, 2017, 05:10:20 pm

Would have zero issue with this full time.

I really love the silver facemask.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: hoghearted on December 31, 2017, 04:10:51 pm
Detest the all-white. Just so bland.

Not sure the SEC would let us play all our games at home.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Joe_Shmo

All whites like these are the tits!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: JONAS on December 30, 2017, 08:21:14 pm
Bring these back for road games.

I think it's just you and I who like the white helmets.. I even would like them with the Home uni too.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Andrew Hogfan

Quote from: Joe_Shmo on December 31, 2017, 06:10:20 pm
All whites like these are the tits!
I wish this was our permanent road unis.  I love the white helmets.
WPS!!!

AirWarren

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on December 31, 2017, 07:00:58 pm

I wish this was our permanent road unis.  I love the white helmets.

Same here.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: HogCard on December 31, 2017, 03:51:18 pm

I might add for the young uns.......let's poll who on average gives more money to the program and then tell me the old farts don't mean squat to a recruit. Without the money the recruits wouldn't have crap to look at when on a recruiting visit. I don't see any 30 year olds with their name on a building.
Game...Set...Match
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

AirWarren

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on December 31, 2017, 11:07:58 pm
Game...Set...Match

Game. Set. Stupid.

What a stupid chain of thought.

These recruits don't care what a few old fogey's give.

AirWarren

Only a matter of time before one of these dorks come out of the hills of nwa.

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: AP85 on January 01, 2018, 12:43:51 am
Game. Set. Stupid.

Don't waste your time bro, they're to irrelevant to get it.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: AP85 on January 01, 2018, 12:43:51 am
Game. Set. Stupid.

They probably did when those old fogeys fired Long and Bert.

Pork Twain

Nobody cares how much money anyone gives.  Your donations don't recruit, look good or win games.  The donors giving the real coinage to the UofA, don't need to brag about it and are likely not wasting time on Hogville with the rest of us.  Bragging about it just looks sad.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hoghearted

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on December 31, 2017, 06:01:28 pm
Not sure the SEC would let us play all our games at home.

Doesn't have to be all white... white jerseys with red pants. I know I'm in the minority, but I like the look.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

jswineberiaskirk

Quote from: Hoginsavga on December 30, 2017, 05:23:54 pm
I would be happy with the throwback uniforms we wore when playing Bama in 2014 or was it 2015?  Anyway the one point loss game. I believe those were the 1964 uniforms. The simpler the better. Absolutely no helmet stickers.
This

Leadbelly

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 01, 2018, 02:20:36 am
Don't waste your time bro, they're to irrelevant to get it.

Uh, Brohiem, are you a dick all the time or just on days that end in "y"?
Btw it's "too irrelevant."  If you're gonna be a prick, at least do it with correct terms.
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

jvanhorn

Quote from: jjdlc on December 30, 2017, 03:50:47 pm
Perspnally, I love the matte red helmets.  However, I'm all for going back to the traditional helmet, with the matte ones coming out on occasion.

Yeah I love the matte red helmets also.  I hate the glare off those shiny helmets.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 01, 2018, 03:23:58 am
Nobody cares how much money anyone gives.  Your donations don't recruit, look good or win games.  The donors giving the real coinage to the UofA, don't need to brag about it and are likely not wasting time on Hogville with the rest of us.  Bragging about it just looks sad.

He didn't say he did. He was generalizing that older folks are the ones truly helping to support the program. Kind of like the way older folks paid for stuff while you were growing up. At least acting like you might be grown up now would be nice and respectful and grateful. As far as sad goes younger folks not being those things are what is truly sad.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pork Twain

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 03, 2018, 06:47:38 am
He didn't say he did. He was generalizing that older folks are the ones truly helping to support the program. Kind of like the way older folks paid for stuff while you were growing up. At least acting like you might be grown up now would be nice and respectful and grateful. As far as sad goes younger folks not being those things are what is truly sad.
There are MANY things in life more important that giving a school extra money.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hardcore Hoggy

NaturalStateReb

Need a special helmet with the red gloss finish with Sweater Hog
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 03, 2018, 07:47:52 am
There are MANY things in life more important that giving a school extra money.

There are also things more important than thinking or telling others what they should do with their money..................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Next1_04

code red

Play in leather helmets....idc.....just win.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HF#1

I still think you redesign the colors on the Jerry world uni's and make them permanent. Those were fantastic.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

texhog

As long as they retire the red pants; forever.  I bet our W-L record wearing red pants is abysmal.

bob slydell

Quote from: AP85 on December 30, 2017, 10:00:48 pm
Simpler the better. Speaks volumes too.

Penn State just looks sharp to me. Same uniform and helmets since I was a kid. And I'm 32.

Texas, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, USC, Bama, Auburn, UGA. All of them keep it simple.

Just about every single one of the programs that you mentioned has one version or another of an alternate uniform that they have worn in the past 5 or so years.  They must see some benefit in changing up every now and then.  I think the days of keeping it simple are numbered.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

hoghearted

I'd rather retire the white pants. They look like every other red and white team with those pants. All red, or white over red pants.