Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Helmets-bring these back

Started by Leadbelly, December 30, 2017, 03:01:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Leadbelly

Hope CCM brings these shiny red tops back! Enough with the matte red color.
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

searkhogfan

You can say that again.  Wait a minute,  you already did... 

moses_007

Yes, go back to the shiny helmets.  The matte finish helmets look horrible.

Leadbelly

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 30, 2017, 03:18:12 pm
You can say that again.  Wait a minute,  you already did...

Damn interweb!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

flagstaffhog

The matte helmets are good for a change every once in a while, but I like the helmet in the OP. I think they look better.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

theFlyingHog

I find myself watching SCw, Bama, penn st, etc and wishing we would stick with one uni. A special one here and there is fine but stop changing the base uni every few years

jjdlc

Perspnally, I love the matte red helmets.  However, I'm all for going back to the traditional helmet, with the matte ones coming out on occasion.

Lanlord

Should have a standard uniform and IF you get a bowl game then you have earned the right to wear something different for the bowl game.

factchecker

Bring back these uniforms as well:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Laughing Hog

Get rid of the big gnarly helmet stickers while we're making changes. It's like putting tats all over Cindy Crawford. It takes away from the beauty of the of what's already there.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Flrazrback

Would love to see those Red Chrome helmets again. Think they were used in a bowl game some time ago, but they looked sharp.

RazorPiggie

AirWarren

The candy apple red ones that Cedric Cobb ran wild on Texas were sharp too.

Leadbelly

Quote from: factchecker on December 30, 2017, 03:54:42 pm

AMEN! I might add that I would be all for having the JFB initials remain inside the hog permanently!

AirWarren

Quote from: Laughing Hog on December 30, 2017, 03:57:02 pm
Get rid of the big gnarly helmet stickers while we're making changes. It's like putting tats all over Cindy Crawford. It takes away from the beauty of the of what's already there.

I agree. I hated the stupid stickers.

AirWarren

Big Daddy

Quote from: Flrazrback on December 30, 2017, 03:58:02 pm
Would love to see those Red Chrome helmets again. Think they were used in a bowl game some time ago, but they looked sharp.
Yes loved them. Wouldn't want them in every game but certainly several times a year.

Hoginsavga

I would be happy with the throwback uniforms we wore when playing Bama in 2014 or was it 2015?  Anyway the one point loss game. I believe those were the 1964 uniforms. The simpler the better. Absolutely no helmet stickers.

Oh mercy and goodness sakes yes, yes, yes.   Maybe add a little bouquet of flowers right on top of the helmet.  You could add a tiny plastic flask of flower fragrance inside the liner of the helmet operated by a watch battery and releasing those wonderful smells from time to time throughout the game.  My goodness, so many things you could do with those protectors of our warriors of the gridiron.  Why its so erotic. 

TXArcher

Tuskya

Just call the Hogs and win! That's all that matters.

Torqued pork

December 30, 2017, 06:03:58 pm #21 Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 06:23:53 pm by Torqued pork
Still waiting for the Dicky Morton T-bar to make a comeback.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

JONAS

Bring these back for road games.

Hawgphish

Bring back the d-mac unis and bring back d-mac!

HOGINTENNESSEE

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: AP85 on December 30, 2017, 05:10:20 pm

Would have zero issue with this full time.

recruits would love it.

AirWarren

Quote from: Hoginsavga on December 30, 2017, 05:23:54 pm
I would be happy with the throwback uniforms we wore when playing Bama in 2014 or was it 2015?  Anyway the one point loss game. I believe those were the 1964 uniforms. The simpler the better. Absolutely no helmet stickers.

Simpler the better. Speaks volumes too.

Penn State just looks sharp to me. Same uniform and helmets since I was a kid. And I'm 32.

Texas, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, USC, Bama, Auburn, UGA. All of them keep it simple.

Pork Twain

Quote from: AP85 on December 30, 2017, 05:10:20 pm

Would have zero issue with this full time.
I like these or the matte
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Switchback

Love this uniform.  Keep the black shoes to separate us from the other red and white teams. 

elksnort

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 30, 2017, 03:29:25 pm
I find myself watching SCw, Bama, penn st, etc and wishing we would stick with one uni. A special one here and there is fine but stop changing the base uni every few years
yes sir I agree

Tejano Jawg

I prefer the original gloss, not because they're glossy, but because the red is richer. Baseball teams have started doing the matte thing too. I'd be okay with it if they could get it right, but it looks like cheap foam rubber. It has no punch.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Memhogs

Thats why they make chocolate and Vanilla, some folks like chocolate, and everyone else has bad taste.

AHiD

A bunch of you guys are boring old men. I like our current jerseys and helmets, but bring back the matte helmets for home games and the white helmet with the red hog for road games.
My name...is Jerruh

Hopeful Hog

These are the best unis we've ever used...

1highhog

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on December 31, 2017, 02:34:47 am

I'm just curious, how old are you if I may ask?

Mjs84

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 30, 2017, 03:29:25 pm

Hopefully our identity crisis is put to rest soon!

FANONTHEHILL

You will catch grief from the traditionalists, but I do find it interesting that almost every recruit raves about these while on their visits. I don't mind them once or twice a year.   As to the original post, I prefer the classic cardinal helmet without the matte finish.  I also don't like helmet stickers and wish that Petrino hadn't brought them back with the ridiculous sledgehammers.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Pork Twain

I like these also.  Anything that makes us look less like Oklahomo or Bama
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Iwastherein1969

The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Leadbelly

Quote from: AP85 on December 30, 2017, 10:00:48 pm
Simpler the better. Speaks volumes too.

Penn State just looks sharp to me. Same uniform and helmets since I was a kid. And I'm 32.

Texas, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, USC, Bama, Auburn, UGA. All of them keep it simple.

Lol, at 32, you are still a kid to some of us! But agreed, Penn St uni's are classic and have been since I was a kid and I'm 56!

Hopeful Hog

mlloyd4

As long as they are winning on and off the field, I could care less about the helmets.
But I don't want to see a winning team on the field that had the lack of discipline issues off the field that Petrino's teams had.
And, vice versa, the team needs to win on the field as well, unlike BB's teams.
The helmets stickers are interesting.
The flat color is interesting.
Winning - on and off the field - is more interesting.
WPS

HogCard

I say have about 5 options on the table when recruits visit and let them vote.

RD

Going to offer my opinion on the Uniform Debate.

Do you people seriously think they care what "we" the fans think? It's what the 17, 18, 19 year olds want. As stupid as it may sound, a black uniform here, or a special uniform design there could make a difference in what a recruit thinks about our program.

Everyone got mad at Ohio State for the Black ensemble they wore against Michigan. Guess what the "team" voted on the black design as the one they would wear the special Nike black ensemble for the Michigan game.

You old farts need to get with the program and understand, we aren't going to be Alabama, Penn State, USC, (some of the classic uniform teams). It's just not going to happen. So you need an edge elsewhere and potential special uniform combos, matte helmets, shiny helmets, different designs are the edge we have.

Personally I hate our current design. I don't want the D-Mac era uniforms either (OU ripoffs) --- what is the proper answer then? Don't know. However, does it give two craps what they were if they bring 8,9 or 10 wins next season?

No it doesn't.

Hammer Down and Happy New Year

GuvHog

Very unlikely to happen because those were Adidas uniforms and Arkansas currently has a contract with NIKE. If NIKE created a uniform like that, Adidas would file a lawsuit against them.

I actually prefer the Uniforms they wore this season against A&M but with a red hog on the helmets rather than a Silver one.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: RD on December 31, 2017, 11:52:20 am
Going to offer my opinion on the Uniform Debate.

Do you people seriously think they care what "we" the fans think? It's what the 17, 18, 19 year olds want. As stupid as it may sound, a black uniform here, or a special uniform design there could make a difference in what a recruit thinks about our program.

Everyone got mad at Ohio State for the Black ensemble they wore against Michigan. Guess what the "team" voted on the black design as the one they would wear the special Nike black ensemble for the Michigan game.

You old farts need to get with the program and understand, we aren't going to be Alabama, Penn State, USC, (some of the classic uniform teams). It's just not going to happen. So you need an edge elsewhere and potential special uniform combos, matte helmets, shiny helmets, different designs are the edge we have.

Personally I hate our current design. I don't want the D-Mac era uniforms either (OU ripoffs) --- what is the proper answer then? Don't know. However, does it give two craps what they were if they bring 8,9 or 10 wins next season?

No it doesn't.

Hammer Down and Happy New Year

+1000

Very much this!!!

Leadbelly

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on December 31, 2017, 12:28:59 pm
+1000

Very much this!!!

This 'old fart' has been with the program since the late '60's, so anything you have to offer, I've probably heard before. Believe it or not we don't have to be PSU or Bama or anyone else! We are Arkansas and we have a hog on our helmet, the only hog. We don't need to become the SEC's answer to the UO Ducks! We have a brand unique in itself, don't need a 'uni' of the week, already have one that no one else has. Sure, if you want to throw a'special' uni in once a year, fine. I understand the kids like em. Those teams like UO and even Arkansas State to a certain degree, feel as tho they have to change every week for attention because they don't have a "brand." Btw....Neither UO or ASU have or will win a NC anytime soon with the revolving fashions.
We got a brand......a Hog on the helmet.
Btw......for you 'young punks' out there, my new book is about to hit the shelves, it's title? Ramblings From an Old Fart!
Huh! Get with the program my ass!

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: Leadbelly on December 31, 2017, 12:49:12 pm
This 'old fart' has been with the program since the late '60's, so anything you have to offer, I've probably heard before. Believe it or not we don't have to be PSU or Bama or anyone else! We are Arkansas and we have a hog on our helmet, the only hog. We don't need to become the SEC's answer to the UO Ducks! We have a brand unique in itself, don't need a 'uni' of the week, already have one that no one else has. Sure, if you want to throw a'special' uni in once a year, fine. I understand the kids like em. Those teams like UO and even Arkansas State to a certain degree, feel as tho they have to change every week for attention because they don't have a "brand." Btw....Neither UO or ASU have or will win a NC anytime soon with the revolving fashions.
We got a brand......a Hog on the helmet.
Btw......for you 'young punks' out there, my new book is about to hit the shelves, it's title? Ramblings From an Old Fart!
Huh! Get with the program my ass!

Ok old man whatever you wanna believe. You being a fan from the 60's gives your opinion no more credence than anyone else. As a matter of fact it probably shows how out of touch you are. The "young punks" are what will make our program relevant, not some Old Timers stuck in nostalgia. Btw I'm referring to the recruits as the "young punks" not young fans. No one cares about some forgotten about ravelry with Texas, No one cares about the South West Conference, and no one cares about "back in nineteen and sixty whatever NC". Check the calendar Lou Holtz and Frank Broyles have been gone for a long time...btw recruits don't even know who they are/were.

Switchback

I always thought the 06' away jerseys looked sharp too.