Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grayson Gunter commits to..

Started by HulkHoggin, June 24, 2015, 11:13:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba's Bruisers

Looks like a solid prospect.  Redshirt and develop him.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Dark Helmet Hog

Hog N Bama

Welcome Grayson! Glad you are a HOG :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

nwahogfan1

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 24, 2015, 11:28:58 am
Plays the TE position very similar to Hunter Henry. RD said he ran a 4.56 at the Arkansas camp.
Wow.  That is some serious speed for someone that big.

If his Dad played for Ole Miss Will he stick with the Hogs if Ms offers?   

Tusks

6-6,  4.56  I hope OMU doesn't offer and he stays a hog.  That's moving for a guy that size.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Styflin

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 24, 2015, 03:29:50 pm
Wow.  That is some serious speed for someone that big.

If his Dad played for Ole Miss Will he stick with the Hogs if Ms offers?   

Probably a similar situation with the Tennessee TE. As soon as we offered the home state school rushed in offered and they got him. I have no idea if he would go to OM or not. I am just speculating that he would if they offered.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on June 24, 2015, 12:43:17 pm
It's not like I can copy/paste from a pay site.  I shouldn't have even posted what I did. 

Was just trying to help you guys out.  Won't happen again.
don't get jaded. we need your insight.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 24, 2015, 12:46:30 pm
But im sure its a solid get if they are taking his commitment this early. They know TE's

Why are you always so damn negative..? Good Grief man just come down from the freaking ledge..!!!

;) I didn't get to get in on kick da boot day...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

TheRazorback500

Welcome GG!

WPS!

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

orgkeith

John Tate ran a 5.38 at a combine.  TE-DE may not be his ticket to college football.  Being 6-4 258, he could grown into an OL.

rzrbk4life

Welcome aboard Mr Gunter! WPS!!
Let's call those hogs!!!!

redeye

Quote from: Styflin on June 24, 2015, 03:40:45 pm
Probably a similar situation with the Tennessee TE. As soon as we offered the home state school rushed in offered and they got him. I have no idea if he would go to OM or not. I am just speculating that he would if they offered.

You never know, but I find it interesting that he committed, rather then wait for an Ole Miss offer.

Wildhog

Quote from: redeye on June 24, 2015, 06:04:05 pm
You never know, but I find it interesting that he committed, rather then wait for an Ole Miss offer.

It's a lot easier to keep someone committed than to get someone committed.  I bet we keep him, Ole Miss offer or not. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogman78

Quote from: Wildhog on June 24, 2015, 07:24:31 pm
It's a lot easier to keep someone committed than to get someone committed.  I bet we keep him, Ole Miss offer or not.

Thanks Wildhog for what you bring to this board!

Choctaw Hog

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: redeye on June 24, 2015, 06:04:05 pm

He already had an Ole Miss offer, and Miss State as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Grayson-Gunter-172189
Go Hogs Go!

Music City Hog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 24, 2015, 08:18:15 pm

He does not have an ole miss offer despite that profile. It's incorrect.  The 247 profile is correct.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on June 24, 2015, 08:15:49 pm
If it doesn't matter then why did you bring it up? 

To continue to live in your head...rent free baby!

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hogman78

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 24, 2015, 08:46:52 pm

That is good stuff right there

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 24, 2015, 08:18:15 pm

Maybe. Maybe not. Its already been discussed. But whatever. Solid pick up

Huds_HawgTide

Im bout to start calling all you that argue too much "Jake, Jake from State Farm" cause yall sound hideous
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

SamBuckhart

Welcome Mr. Grayson. Wooo pig! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

ckhawgu

Welcome to the Hill GG!!! What a nice addition @ TE for the HOGS! A very talented young man that this staff will, no doubt, develop very well! WPS!!! :razorback:

Oklahawg

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 24, 2015, 11:44:59 am
http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Grayson-Gunter-84166/RecruitInterests

Doesn't matter now.  He's a Hog.  We needed a TE. 😐

Which would have been the responsible initial post from you in this thread.

To All: No need for crap in the recruiting forum this summer.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

razorback44

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on June 24, 2015, 02:08:04 pm
Ole Piss must have more tight ends than they can say grace over because this guy has the tools to develop into a really good one. Great job by the staff.

They currently have commits from the #7 and #16 ranked TE's in this class.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

NLRHog92

If the coaches worked with him first hand and felt was good enough to get an offer, then I'm sold. Tall pass catcher with good speed that will stretch the field. Highlight video from Jr. year shows mainly bubble screens, which infers he's a good athlete and is trusted with making some plays. Seems to play in spread offense, but had some decent blocks in the video as well.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2716065/highlights/186766377/v2

Bonus: Footage from local Jackson, MS news program spotlighting him in March

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrZRQyMxONg

And this one is from last night's broadcast announcing his commitment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh40t6pXZbk

Almost a dozen DI offers. Played Center for basketball team, so hasn't seen as much of the weight room in offseason and could make major development under Coach Herb. Reporter quoted him as saying he likely won't take any other official visits. PS, you can definitely tell he's from Mississippi haha!

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 24, 2015, 08:46:52 pm

I asked a simple question an all you can come up with is this drivel.  I apologize for not recognizing I was dealing with someone who is incapable of answering a simple question.

However, it's not surprising "rent free" quickly came to your mind. After all, it's a phrase you're probably very familiar with living off your mom and the government. 

MissippHog

Quote from: NLRHog92 on June 25, 2015, 04:23:45 am
.......PS, you can definitely tell he's from Mississippi haha!
Everything was going just fine until this!

Styflin

Quote from: Wildhog on June 24, 2015, 07:24:31 pm

Valid point here.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on June 25, 2015, 07:04:55 am
I asked a simple question an all you can come up with is this drivel.  I apologize for not recognizing I was dealing with someone who is incapable of answering a simple question.

However, it's not surprising "rent free" quickly came to your mind. After all, it's a phrase you're probably very familiar with living off your mom and the government. 

Ooh, I need some aloe for that sick burn!

NLRHog92

Quote from: MissippHog on June 25, 2015, 07:38:32 am
Everything was going just fine until this!

Strictly talking about the accent. Had grandparents from MS, so it's just something that's easily recognizable to me.

scruf

STARGAZER ALERT

Rating update on 247: Grayson Gunter now a 3* (86), moving Arkansas from 11th to 10th in 247's SEC standings and up to 31st nationally.

Evaluation by Barton Simmons:

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Arkansas-TE-commit-gets-rating-37933417

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: NLRHog92 on June 25, 2015, 01:23:51 pm
Strictly talking about the accent. Had grandparents from MS, so it's just something that's easily recognizable to me.

Probably needed that explanation, some of these guys have a hair trigger.

WorfHog

Quote from: scruf on June 26, 2015, 03:59:25 am
STARGAZER ALERT

Rating update on 247: Grayson Gunter now a 3* (86), moving Arkansas from 11th to 10th in 247's SEC standings and up to 31st nationally.

Evaluation by Barton Simmons:

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Arkansas-TE-commit-gets-rating-37933417

We're #1(0), we're #1(0)!!

MissippHog

Quote from: NLRHog92 on June 25, 2015, 01:23:51 pm
Oh, I know.  The farther south you go in MS, the more pronounced it gets.

TazorTusk

I thought Lance Alworth had one of the most pleasing accents I've ever heard.  Sure wish we could hear more of that up on the hill.

Welcome Mr. Grayson.  You will love Arkansas and the Hog fans will love having you as part of our squad.

Tazor Tusk

redeye

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 26, 2015, 09:49:41 am
Probably needed that explanation, some of these guys have a hair trigger.

I see what you did.