Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can we get an update on Dominique Reed please?

Started by little pigee, June 22, 2015, 11:07:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

little pigee

It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

little pigee

Thanks, ricepig!  That in particular was exactly the answer I was looking for!  WPS!  This guy could be the One, Neo!
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

jgphillips3

You know that extra dimension on offense we have been looking for...he has it.  Sooooooo glad he made his grades.

ZERO

I'm not going to lie, I'm still pretty sour about K.J. Hill. WR is our only true weakness on offense, and we need at least one weapon. I'm putting a lot of faith into Reed.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Polecat

Is he on campus now? If not, when does that summer session begin?
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

WaltonCollege

He is set to report 2nd summer session and from what RD has said grades will not be an issue. So he will have about 6 weeks to train before the first game, then 3 weeks before SEC play. Luckily WR is one of the easier positions to adjust/adapt to in football so after a couple months with the team he should be all ripe to break out V aTm. Woo Pig

jgphillips3

Hell, with his size and speed even if we only use him on fly patterns the first three or four games while he gets adjusted, we have a tremendous new weapon on the field.  Him making the grade will be HUGE for us.  We needed one more fast guy to stretch the field and he is that guy.

Music City Hog

I look forward to seeing Reed.  I think he will make the offense much more dangerous if he can stretch the field. 

Hawgzinbowlz

I'm starting to feel better about our WR group. Reed's experience and speed give reason for optimism.

" GO HOGS "

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ZERO on June 25, 2015, 01:35:39 am
I'm not going to lie, I'm still pretty sour about K.J. Hill. WR is our only true weakness on offense, and we need at least one weapon. I'm putting a lot of faith into Reed.
me too. Was really hoping for both of those two but at least Reed is eligible and we did get some amazing TEs.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Thepigdoctor

Honest question, from a big believer in the coaching staff and where the program is heading overall; are we expecting too much out of Reed solely based on his speed? I know personally he was the one receiver I hoped we would land above all others, based on his unique size/speed combination. If he is truly anywhere close to the reported 4.3, that's deadly at the college level.

My concern is, will he truly be able to contribute immediately? Is he all fly pattern or does he have a good handle on the route tree? How are his hands? How strong is he at the line and can he shed SEC level corners when jammed?

Hoping someone out there has followed his JUCO career and can speak to this accurately. Like I said above, of all the w/r's we were after, this guy was the one who excited me the most and was a must get if his measureables (mostly 40 time) were/are accurate. Thanks in advance for any insight.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on June 29, 2015, 01:08:28 pm
Honest question, from a big believer in the coaching staff and where the program is heading overall; are we expecting too much out of Reed solely based on his speed? I know personally he was the one receiver I hoped we would land above all others, based on his unique size/speed combination. If he is truly anywhere close to the reported 4.3, that's deadly at the college level.

My concern is, will he truly be able to contribute immediately? Is he all fly pattern or does he have a good handle on the route tree? How are his hands? How strong is he at the line and can he shed SEC level corners when jammed?

Hoping someone out there has followed his JUCO career and can speak to this accurately. Like I said above, of all the w/r's we were after, this guy was the one who excited me the most and was a must get if his measureables (mostly 40 time) were/are accurate. Thanks in advance for any insight.
I don't know exactly every detail about Dominique, but I know he is certainly legit. He was our #1 priority at WR. One negative I do know of is that he is very lean. He could be comparable to a Sammie Coates or Laquon Tredwell if he were bigger and stronger. He will need to be hitting the gym hard this summer or he could get banged up early.

On the bright side, If you watch his highlight tape, you can see he has blazing speed, decent hands, and what looked to be an impressive verticle. He might not be a crispy route runner like Larry Fitzgerald or somethin but he makes up for it in pure speed. There are few corners in the nation that could contend with his blend of size and speed. Much less in the SEC.

All in all, I believe Reed posses exactly what we lack on offense to be virtually unstoppable. We have a strong possession x in Hatcher, a good Y in Cornelious, and at Z we will have a burner to stretch the field vertically in Reed. Not to mention the best TE corp in the nation and one of the best OL in the nation at well.

A healthy and consistent Dominique Reed could be the difference in 8-11 wins. 

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on June 29, 2015, 02:29:26 pm
I don't know exactly every detail about Dominique, but I know he is certainly legit. He was our #1 priority at WR. One negative I do know of is that he is very lean. He could be comparable to a Sammie Coates or Laquon Tredwell if he were bigger and stronger. He will need to be hitting the gym hard this summer or he could get banged up early.

On the bright side, If you watch his highlight tape, you can see he has blazing speed, decent hands, and what looked to be an impressive verticle. He might not be a crispy route runner like Larry Fitzgerald or somethin but he makes up for it in pure speed. There are few corners in the nation that could contend with his blend of size and speed. Much less in the SEC.

All in all, I believe Reed posses exactly what we lack on offense to be virtually unstoppable. We have a strong possession x in Hatcher, a good Y in Cornelious, and at Z we will have a burner to stretch the field vertically in Reed. Not to mention the best TE corp in the nation and one of the best OL in the nation at well.

Thanks. I watched his highlight video and it certainly appears his speed is legit, you just never know for sure in a highlight video what the competitors speed was like. I did see a few plays where they highlighted his down field blocking, which is rare to see on one of those videos, so it seems to indicate he's a willing blocker, which in our offense is a must for all positions. I'm really excited about the kid, I just don't want to set my expectations unreasonably high for any newcomer.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on June 29, 2015, 04:02:31 pm
Thanks. I watched his highlight video and it certainly appears his speed is legit, you just never know for sure in a highlight video what the competitors speed was like. I did see a few plays where they highlighted his down field blocking, which is rare to see on one of those videos, so it seems to indicate he's a willing blocker, which in our offense is a must for all positions. I'm really excited about the kid, I just don't want to set my expectations unreasonably high for any newcomer.
Totally understandable. I know he had to push himself very hard in school to be able to qualify JUST to attend Arkansas. Even with offers from Auburn and Florida. It's hard for me to believe that he wouldn't be content with just becoming eligible and not pushing himself to become exactly what we need him to be.. Which leads me to also Thank that carpetbagger Jeff Long for assembling what I consider to be one of the most talented coaching staffs in college football. So he'll get the best coaching as well.

Seriously his only issue is being lean and avoiding the injury bug.

wholehog92

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on June 29, 2015, 02:29:26 pm

That seems pretty fair from what I've seen of his highlight videos.  I might be a little tougher on his route running, but a little higher on his hands because of his catch radius.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

jackflash

I like to see catch 4 touchdown before SEC play. Would force them to double cover him with a safety. Make the running game a little easier.