Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Commit from 6'3" LB from Florida!

Started by WildRazorback, June 16, 2015, 03:56:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WildRazorback

Alexy Jean-Baptiste
3* with 26 offers according to 247

Notable offers: Michigan State, Miami, Louisville, West Virginia, and Wisconsin among others.

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

WaltonCollege

Wow a huge get at a position of need. Our recruiting class is full of big name studs I love it.

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

flippinhogmana

looks like he grew two inches in short order and changed position.  The link says he is a 6-1 safety, not a 6-3 linebacker?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Music City Hog

Rivals says 6'1 safety.    247 says 6'3" LB.

His high school tweeted he committed and they also said 6'3" LB.  Has he even visited?

Hawgey-Davidson

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 16, 2015, 04:03:43 pm
looks like he grew two inches in short order and changed position.  The link says he is a 6-1 safety, not a 6-3 linebacker?
What I saw as well. 6"1 , 200 lb Safety

ricepig

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 16, 2015, 04:03:43 pm
http://247sports.com/Player/Alexy-Jean-Baptiste-61353

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on June 16, 2015, 04:09:15 pm
What I saw as well. 6"1 , 200 lb Safety

Might have been last year's measurements, who knows??

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PaintballHog

I ******* love early linebacker commitments.

Also I would gladly take any defensive player MSU is after.

:razorback:

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Hog N Bama

Welcome Alexy!  Glad you are a HOG! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

greenie

Looks like a solid pickup. 

Just curious, has he ever been on campus?  Looks like he's been to Florida State and Miami for unofficials, but I can't find where he's ever been to Fayetteville. 

Music City Hog

Quote from: greenie on June 16, 2015, 04:38:31 pm
Looks like a solid pickup. 

Just curious, has he ever been on campus?  Looks like he's been to Florida State and Miami for unofficials, but I can't find where he's ever been to Fayetteville. 

He has not visited yet.  It's weird because he has visited Miami a ton of times, including Sunday.  I'm wondering if they wouldn't take his commitment since they already have 22 committed. 

Either way, glad he's a Hog.

ifghog

ifghog

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 16, 2015, 04:45:09 pm

He has not visited yet.  It's weird because he has visited Miami a ton of times, including Sunday.  I'm wondering if they wouldn't take his commitment since they already have 22 committed. 

Either way, glad he's a Hog.
You would of course say that...LOL.

Pigsfeat

I'm happy to have this young man commit and to see our recruiting commits picking up!
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

Bubba's Bruisers

Looks like a very nice pick up.  Nice offer sheet.  Welcome aboard, Alexy.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Music City Hog

Quote from: ifghog on June 16, 2015, 04:48:48 pm
You would of course say that...LOL.

Would say what?  That I'm glad he's a Hog?  This is a very nice get. 

Oh and grown men don't say LOL

PaintballHog

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 16, 2015, 04:56:07 pm
Would say what?  That I'm glad he's a Hog?  This is a very nice get. 

Oh and grown men don't say LOL

LOL smh

Vantage 8 dude

While it has nothing at all to do with his potential or his current abilities, I have to love him just 'cause his name! Sounds more like he comes from cajun country way down in south Louisiana. LOL

Music City Hog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 16, 2015, 05:13:04 pm
While it has nothing at all to do with his potential or his current abilities, I have to love him just 'cause his name! Sounds more like he comes from cajun country way down in south Louisiana. LOL

I know.  I can't wait to see on the back of a Hog jersey.

secneahog

Louisiana lber...now south Florida lber...

Need that Texas lber to commit now..
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

flippinhogmana

Its semi official now, being reported as a linebacker (OLB) in the heading but lower down in the commitment list it shows him as a 6-3, 205 lb, db (from coconut creek HS, Florida)...on Hawg.Sports
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ricepig

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 16, 2015, 05:16:23 pm
Its semi official now, being reported as a linebacker in the heading but lower down in the commitment list it shows him as a 6-3, 205 lb, db (from coconut creek HS, Florida)...on Hawg.Sports

What's semi-official?

flippinhogmana

June 16, 2015, 05:25:26 pm #27 Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:44:16 pm by flippinhogmana
well, I mean that for the most part rice, the school's rival affiliate (Hawgsports) generally gets it right and once its on that or 247 rather than a thread, its a bit more than a rumor.  Its not the school site, nor is it a signed offer but it bears some credibility.

lefty08

If you aren't using 247 composite you're doing it wrong
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Slimac4

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 16, 2015, 05:25:26 pm
well, I mean that for the most part rice, the school's rival affiliate (Hawgsports) generally gets it right and once it on that or 247 rather than a thread, it a bit more than a rumor.  Its not the school site, nor is it a signed offer but it bears some credibility.

I'll take RD's word for it on position and his article says LBer

flippinhogmana

Quote from: lefty08 on June 16, 2015, 05:27:00 pm
If you aren't using 247 composite you're doing it wrong

to a ford man, if you're driving a Chevy you're doing it wrong...I am sure 247 will be along and get it more complete for us..but at least one service confirming it means it has some merit.  Since he didnt visit, it doesn't show that we were recruiting him, and he had visited others, I was a little dubious until at least one of the sites reported it.

flippinhogmana

I would imagine he is a hard hitter and outgrew safety.  If it was as one op suggested that those 6-1 measureables were from last year, it may very well be that he has outgrown safety to outside LB as Rivals says (247 also says OLB), it is not an unheard of progression.  I kind of like OLB's who have some coverage skills.

ckhawgu

jgphillips3

What I love about this class is getting Quality kids from Florida, Texas and Louisiana.  Great way to build a team.  WPS!

TNhawgfan

Doesn't matter to me what position he's listed at. He'll play where CRS wants him and that's good enough for me
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Pudgepork

great to see the lb position getting all the attention.  Agree that it has to be a bonus if he grew into lb size but has coverage experience and skills with so many hurry up O's.

Hopefully he isn't 5'8" and 195 but the quality of the list of schools interested leads me to believe that this could be a real steal.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 16, 2015, 04:18:05 pm
I ******* love early linebacker commitments.

Ain't that the truth!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Vantage 8 dude

Ahh..............only on HV would be get an immediate disagreement as to what position the young man plays, is it DB or LB, AND his actual weight, is it 205 or 215? I just hope we can all finally agree that the young man actually plays football and is (apparently) a pretty good one at that.  :) :D ;D

Oklahawg

Quote from: Slimac4 on June 16, 2015, 05:30:10 pm
I'll take RD's word for it on position and his article says LBer

This. He should shut up and not argue with you on it.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

TheRazorback500

Nice! Keep 'em coming. GHG!

Do you wanna get Rocked?

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

trphog

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 16, 2015, 04:18:05 pm

I concur. Woo Pig!

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 16, 2015, 05:13:04 pm

There are a LOT of Haitian natives in South Florida and they have french names also since that is their native language.
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

Razorbacker79

WPS!  Nice Get!

Scout has him listed as a 198 lb. 6'1" LB.  That the weight and height is old information is fine by me.  Looks like he is growing and that makes him ideal for this staff and its penchant for developing players.  I expect Herbert will do wonders with him, as usual, and he will have a better linebacker weight in the near future.
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

ap89

Maybe he could get into the ears of a couple teammates. Highly rated db and wr at coconut creek hs. as well. ghg

The Hogfather

This dude is a stud.  I can tell by his name!

secneahog

I wonder if he is related to Stanley Jean-Baptise?

Stanley is from Miami . Played cb @ Nebraska.
Drafted 2nd round by the Saints...

Stud!! 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Huds_HawgTide

tommy boy