Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas offers FB after camp

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 15, 2015, 01:32:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pavlov's Hog

Excellent news. Listed as an DE on most recruiting sites. Should be tough as nails.

navyhog24

Awesome size for a FB. 6'3" 245. Peyton 2.0?

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: navyhog24 on June 15, 2015, 02:03:01 pm
Awesome size for a FB. 6'3" 245. Peyton 2.0?

Looks so much like him, doesn't he??

A kid like this could be a feature in our offense for four years.  Very exciting, or at least when we get his commitment!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Pavlov's Hog

He would be a great get by himself, but maybe he could help flip Tre Williams, the 4* DE from the same school.

Polecat

Great news. Looks like just what we need
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

onebadrubi

Pigsfeat

"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

flagstaffhog

June 15, 2015, 05:35:20 pm #8 Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 08:37:37 pm by flagstaffhog
245 lbs @ 6'3" is slender, but I'd guess he is in pretty good shape. Didn't say what his 40 time is. I'm sure he would be an impressive sight leading the ball carrier thru the line of scrimmage. I'd bet this young man goes 260 lbs by the time he is a sophmore...

Go HOGS Go!

Go HOGS Go!

hawgfan4life

Quote from: flagstaffhog on June 15, 2015, 05:35:20 pm
245 lbs @ 6'3" is slender, but I'd guess he is in pretty good shape. Didn't say what his 40 time is. I'm sure he would be an impressive sight leading the ball carrier thru the line of scrimmage. I'd bet this young man goes 260 lbs by the time he is a sophmore...

Go HOGS Go!

Go

Only 245?  Why are we recruiting such light weights?

The_Boot_stops_here

Its interesting to me,  if we're only going to take 18-20 guys, that a FB would be one of them

ckhawgu

This guy could play just about anywhere they put him -- TE, DE, FB, LB... He looks like a very good athlete for sure! This may be a great offer! :razorback:

jackflash

Reminds me of the Alabama fullbacks. Glad to have him if he commits

Music City Hog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 15, 2015, 08:00:24 pm
Its interesting to me,  if we're only going to take 18-20 guys, that a FB would be one of them

Me too

Music City Hog

Quote from: ckhawgu on June 15, 2015, 08:10:00 pm
This guy could play just about anywhere they put him -- TE, DE, FB, LB... He looks like a very good athlete for sure! This may be a great offer! :razorback:

I mean this post...really?

onebadrubi

245 pounds at a questionable 6'3" (I say this because kids always seem to be 1-2" overstated) is light weight?  SOB how big are you guys?  The kid will add 5-10 pounds probably before ever signing a LOI or stepping foot on a college campus enrolled.  So 250 lb freshman fullback is too small.  Geeze

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 15, 2015, 11:37:59 pm
245 pounds at a questionable 6'3" (I say this because kids always seem to be 1-2" overstated) is light weight?  SOB how big are you guys?  The kid will add 5-10 pounds probably before ever signing a LOI or stepping foot on a college campus enrolled.  So 250 lb freshman fullback is too small.  Geeze

Actual height and weight for all of the kids at camp were recorded on Sunday by the staff.
Go Hogs Go!

secneahog

6'3 250 is big for a kid going into his senior year in high school.
This staff doesn't just throw fb offers out there. So the kid must be special.

We desperatly need a drug fb. We havent had one since Kiero.

Yes I would use a schollie on a fb.....notice what kind of offense we run?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

jjdlc

Am I mistaken, or is this the first actual FB we have offered a scholly since CBB has been here.  I know we've offered some as preferred walk ons, and have moved some people to the spot, but I don't recall us offering scholarships to any.  Says something about what the coaches think of this kid.

ricepig

Kid's gained 5lbs since the start of this thread, he'll be big enough.

lefty08

Not sure where you live but a 6'3" 245 lb kid is pretty good size
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Adam Stokes

Quote from: lefty08 on June 16, 2015, 07:31:46 am

That's what I'm saying.  We just took the commitment of a 6-7 lineman who is only listed at 270 with hardly a mention of weight and we're upset that a fullback is 6'3" 245?  It's like people want this guy on the offensive line.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: secneahog on June 16, 2015, 07:13:21 am
This staff doesn't just throw fb offers out there. So the kid must be special.

This. +1
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

ARtillahog

Quote from: ricepig on June 16, 2015, 07:19:54 am
Kid's gained 5lbs since the start of this thread, he'll be big enough.

Best post I've read all day.

hawgfan4life

Quote from: hawgfan4life on June 15, 2015, 07:24:57 pm
Only 245?  Why are we recruiting such light weights?

Maybe I should use sarcasim indicators but really didn't think it was needed.

lefty08

Quote from: hawgfan4life on June 16, 2015, 12:42:52 pm
Maybe I should use sarcasim indicators but really didn't think it was needed.

Those comments were adding to your sarcasm, not calling you out
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

RazrRila99

Theres just something about going into a fellow SEC members back yard and cherry picking a player like this.  Granted, he hasnt committed let alone signed, but to walk right up to the door of the competition and say hey we want your best and take them.  OH YEAH. 

PaintballHog

Quote from: RazrRila99 on June 16, 2015, 01:59:56 pm
Theres just something about going into a fellow SEC members back yard and cherry picking a player like this.  Granted, he hasnt committed let alone signed, but to walk right up to the door of the competition and say hey we want your best and take them.  OH YEAH.

Mizzou hasn't offered him, or has shown interest.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 16, 2015, 02:37:10 pm
Mizzou hasn't offered him, or has shown interest.

Makes sense for the type of offense they run and the players they recruit for it, especially at TE.  He just doesn't fit their deal.

PaintballHog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 16, 2015, 02:38:31 pm
Makes sense for the type of offense they run and the players they recruit for it, especially at TE.  He just doesn't fit their deal.

247 has him as defensive end and tight end, and he may not be what they're looking for at that position, but we seemed to have found something as far as him being a fullback.

Pavlov's Hog

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 16, 2015, 02:53:26 pm
247 has him as defensive end and tight end, and he may not be what they're looking for at that position, but we seemed to have found something as far as him being a fullback.

The head coach at his school played football at Mizzou, but his son, Alex Ofodile, a 4* WR chose to play at Oregon last year.

Maybe the coach at the school doesn't have a great relationship with Mizzou staff?

PaintballHog

Quote from: Pavlov's Hog on June 17, 2015, 01:09:25 pm
The head coach at his school played football at Mizzou, but his son, Alex Ofodile, a 4* WR chose to play at Oregon last year.

Maybe the coach at the school doesn't have a great relationship with Mizzou staff?

Maybe, but as far as his son goes, he may have just made the better business decision.

Pavlov's Hog

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 17, 2015, 01:19:12 pm
Maybe, but as far as his son goes, he may have just made the better business decision.

Very possibly true. But how much easier is it for a competing recruiter to tell a potential recruit, his own son wouldn't choose Mizzou.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pavlov's Hog on June 15, 2015, 02:46:11 pm
He would be a great get by himself, but maybe he could help flip Tre Williams, the 4* DE from the same school.

Gonna be hard getting guys from Rock Bridge unless their skills wont acclimate to Mizzou's offense. Defensive guys may be altogether different...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

pheine78

Quote from: lefty08 on June 16, 2015, 07:31:46 am
Yep. The only place 6'3", 245 is "slender" is on Hogville.  That's a big ole boy. 
Nolan for defensive coordinator!

pheine78

Quote from: pheine78 on June 19, 2015, 07:03:14 pm
Yep. The only place 6'3", 245 is "slender" is on Hogville.  That's a big ole boy. 

Or maybe not, Wal-Mart during the evening might conjure up that same comparison. 
Nolan for defensive coordinator!

ricepig

Quote from: pheine78 on June 19, 2015, 07:05:08 pm
Or maybe not, Wal-Mart during the evening might conjure up that same comparison. 

I always have a hard time determining their height sitting on the scooter.

ICEman

Quote from: jackflash on June 15, 2015, 09:54:43 pm
Reminds me of the Alabama fullbacks. Glad to have him if he commits
...and he has that classic Ole Miss style haircut.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 15, 2015, 11:37:59 pm

5'9" 4 hunnerd..! And I still run a 10.2 40 at 44yrs old.
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 16, 2015, 02:38:31 pm

I watched his film and I don't know what their deal is..? This dude played FB, TE, DE and was stellar. The Te drag/post was run to perfection and his hands are amazing..! @ FB he ran like Hillis..! For real..! He even got up just like he did after a tackle. This kid may be THE STEAL of the class...

mizzouman

Quote from: Pavlov's Hog on June 17, 2015, 01:09:25 pm

Not the case. Great relationship. His son just wanted to go elsewhere. Good luck to him.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on June 19, 2015, 08:29:26 pm
I watched his film and I don't know what their deal is..? This dude played FB, TE, DE and was stellar. The Te drag/post was run to perfection and his hands are amazing..! @ FB he ran like Hillis..! For real..! He even got up just like he did after a tackle. This kid may be THE STEAL of the class...

Looks like the coaches agree. 

hawgfan4life

Quote from: lefty08 on June 16, 2015, 01:00:28 pm
Those comments were adding to your sarcasm, not calling you out

Read my posts much?  About 90% of them are sarcastic humor.  Thanks for not calling me out.  I am not calling you out either.