Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pennamon visit update

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 12, 2015, 02:47:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigsfeat

Can't be all bad if he wants to bring his mom! I wonder why she didn't come with him this time?
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

PaintballHog

I guess recruiting is like dating in high school, when they want you to meet the parents, it means things are getting serious.

:razorback:

Papawhog

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 12, 2015, 03:01:02 pm
I guess recruiting is like dating in high school, when they want you to meet the parents, it means things are getting serious.

Bingo!!

Vantage 8 dude

I can promise you one thing: IF the kid likes us well enough to want to bring his parent(s) it's definitely a huge positive. Even more so as more than likely the parent(s) will be blown away by everything we have to offer the son.

ZERO

Hell. Yeah. Better get to updating that Magic 8 Ball, 247sports.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

PaintballHog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 12, 2015, 04:11:38 pm
I can promise you one thing: IF the kid likes us well enough to want to bring his parent(s) it's definitely a huge positive. Even more so as more than likely the parent(s) will be blown away by everything we have to offer the son.

Also I think Coach B's code likely has a larger impact on parents than the player, who may not realize til later in life how much of a benefit that was.

Oklahawg

Quote from: PaintballHog on June 12, 2015, 04:55:33 pm
Also I think Coach B's code likely has a larger impact on parents than the player, who may not realize til later in life how much of a benefit that was.

Not to mention that players NOT interested in it are not likely to be the type of players we prefer.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Calling All Hogs

When he comes on his OV be sure and have him watch the O-line do their weight lifting workout.

RazorWhacker

I think you're on to something here. To take it a step further, recruiting is like the high school prom. Girls start freaking out if their boyfriend hasn't asked them to the prom 8 months in advance.....

;)

PaintballHog

Quote from: RazorWhacker on June 12, 2015, 07:43:11 pm
I think you're on to something here. To take it a step further, recruiting is like the high school prom. Girls start freaking out if their boyfriend hasn't asked them to the prom 8 months in advance.....

;)

Very true, but the later one waits, the number of girls available drastically decreases and the chances of getting the fat girl greatly increases.

But that may be a blessing if it's an Oline recruit.

Hawgzinbowlz

secneahog

Guy is a stud . I think he will be a Hog. Who wouldn't want to be a rb in Bielema offense.

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

SemperHawg

With Williams graduating and the possibility of Collins moving on with a good year, I could definitely see us getting a top level RB this year.  We can act like it doesn't matter and the whole if he's scared of competition yada yada, but the fact of the matter is skill position players are about availability of touches.  At that position in the near future there are going to be plenty of touches available.

whosiskid

Quote from: SemperHawg on June 13, 2015, 09:50:12 am
With Williams graduating and the possibility of Collins moving on with a good year, I could definitely see us getting a top level RB this year.  We can act like it doesn't matter and the whole if he's scared of competition yada yada, but the fact of the matter is skill position players are about availability of touches.  At that position in the near future there are going to be plenty of touches available.

The only thing more serious than a prospect wanting to bring his parents for a visit is wanting to bring his girlfriend.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

PonderinHog

Quote from: whosiskid on June 13, 2015, 11:17:01 am
The only thing more serious than a prospect wanting to bring his parents for a visit is wanting to bring his girlfriend.
Dang, I thought girlfriends were provided at these visits  :o

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 13, 2015, 11:35:28 am
Nah. You have to remember we're NOT 'Bama, Awbarn or Tenny.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 13, 2015, 12:26:27 pm
Nah. You have to remember we're NOT 'Bama, Awbarn or Tenny.
Right conference, wrong school(s.)   :-[

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 13, 2015, 11:35:28 am

Depends on what school.  Some SEC teams provide girlfriends & a car.  (both can be optional take homes)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.