Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jordan Rodgers

Started by Bacon_Bitz, August 27, 2017, 08:31:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

Was just given a chance to choose W or L for four Hogs games on SECN. Gave us four Ls - SCar, A&M, LSU, Miss St

longpig

I wouldn't like that guy if he gave us 4 Ws.
Don't be scared, be smart.

HOGINTENNESSEE

He is still pissed about that come from behind win at Vandy.

And we are 2-2 at worst in those 4

onebadrubi

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on August 27, 2017, 08:31:42 pm
Was just given a chance to choose W or L for four Hogs games on SECN. Gave us four Ls - SCar, A&M, LSU, Miss St

So did he say a W at bama? 

onebadrubi

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 27, 2017, 08:36:57 pm
He is still pissed about that come from behind win at Vandy.

And we are 2-2 at worst in those 4

3-1 in those and we are top 20 team easily possibly top 15

Hollywood_HOGan45

Both Carolina and miss state won't beat us.

No clue where all the love for South Carolina is coming from.

ZERO

South Carolina could be tough because it's an away game, but they were worse than us last year and they have a worse coach. Mississippi State should be worse team and we get them at home.

I get that it's popular to laugh at the Hogs right now. We deserve it after that horrible finish last year. But come on, have some sense and do some research.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: ZERO on August 27, 2017, 08:41:57 pm
South Carolina could be tough because it's an away game, but they were worse than us last year and they have a worse coach. Mississippi State should be worse team and we get them at home.

I get that it's popular to laugh at the Hogs right now. We deserve it after that horrible finish last year. But come on, have some sense and do some research.

Will muschamp couldn't win at Florida. I don't expect anything different at Carolina.
Miss state was one of the few teams that had a worse defense than we did.

ZERO

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 27, 2017, 08:47:17 pm
Will muschamp couldn't win at Florida. I don't expect anything different at Carolina.

I'm not going to say a coach can't win anywhere if he can't win at Florida, but he's not going to win at another SEC job if he can't win at Florida. I have no idea what South Carolina was thinking, but maybe he'll shock everyone.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Actually he gave us 6 L's. The others were texas a&m and miss st, basically the entire west except ole miss. The other guy backtracked and gave us 2 of those back
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ChicoHog

Quote from: ZERO on August 27, 2017, 09:56:23 pm
I'm not going to say a coach can't win anywhere if he can't win at Florida, but he's not going to win at another SEC job if he can't win at Florida. I have no idea what South Carolina was thinking, but maybe he'll shock everyone.
Muschamp had one good season at UF and he recruits really well. I don't think he is a good coach, maybe average, but he is above average recruiter and that is maybe more important. UF's recruiting has actually dipped since he left.  I think SCarolina will be pretty good on offense this year but struggle on D.  Kind of opposite of most Muschamp teams. 

sowmonella

His brother don't like him and neither do I. Got a job on name only. :puke:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ZERO

Quote from: ChicoHog on August 27, 2017, 10:28:12 pm
UF's recruiting has actually dipped since he left.

I think that's more of McElwain being a dismal recruiter. That guy's only a slight step up from Muschamp, IMO.

longpig

Quote from: ZERO on August 27, 2017, 10:35:10 pm
I think that's more of McElwain being a dismal recruiter. That guy's only a slight step up from Muschamp, IMO.

UF has seventeen verbals, nine are four star. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

Hog N Bama

Some Hog fan must have said something about his hair

I too fear S Car this season.  Not so much MSU at our house.  Anyway, TCU and A&M are hurdles we need to get over to have a very productive season.  Those teams will be attitude builders or breakers, depending on how we do against them.  Doubt we are good enough to win them both but maybe one of them or God forbid, not either one of them.

VBCHog

Jordan Rodgers needs to spend less time in front of the mirror and more time studying football film. He is a cross between Fonzy, Tim Tebow, and Jesse Palmer.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: VBCHog on August 28, 2017, 07:43:05 am
Jordan Rodgers needs to spend less time in front of the mirror and more time studying football film. He is a cross between Fonzy, Tim Tebow, and Jesse Palmer.
and a sprinkle of bazzel  :D
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

FraggleHog

August 28, 2017, 09:34:35 am #18 Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 02:17:16 pm by FraggleHog

I'm actually somewhat relieved he did... I don't trust his analysis at all. He's a wanna be celebrity that leveraged an appearance on a reality show into an analyst position on ESPN. Don't give two licks for what he says.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

3kgthog

I can't respect the opinion of any person that turned down an easy $5 just to say WPS on air at the top of the show.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 27, 2017, 08:47:17 pm

I wouldn't say he couldn't, I would say he didn't consistently.  Only 17-15 in conference but he did have an 11-2 overall and 7-1 in conference record in season 2.

Everyone seems to think if he lets the offense do its thing, with their quality QB returning, they could have a successful season.  Sure they could, they might also go 6 - 6 again.

GunnerHawg70

I've watched Jordan Rogers as a player and pundit and I have to say he was more exciting as a player.  I think he holds a ton of resentment twds certain SEC teams (incl Hogs) from his years as a player.  I think the all the others make their predictions based off stats and quality of players and coaching.  He's not that good of a announcer/commentator/pundit as the rest of the crew and it shows each time he's on air.  just sayin...

AugustaHog

They seem way too high on USCe and Miss St.  People go on and on about Fitzgerald, but AA out-gunned him at their place last year.  As awful as our D looked in that game, their D was a sieve.  We nearly put up 60 on them and I felt like we backed off a bit in the 3rd qtr. before they made a little run on us.  Fitzgerald may be good, but they've got a ton of other issues.  If we get moderate improvement on D, we are going to win at least 8 gms.  I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about Bama or LSU (and maybe AU), but the others are going to be extremely competitive at the very worst.  6-6 would be a bit of a let-down.  Fortunately, that's not somebody I respect tossing out that prediction.

TheJoeyBucketz

Who the hell is jordan Rodgers and why should I give a crap about him or what he thinks?

I can make predictions, too. I predict that ole miss gets the death penalty, Tiger sweeps all 4 majors next year, the Donald gets reelected, and Jordan Rodgers is looking for new employment in 2018.

Pro tip- 2 of my predictions are fake. Take a guess.
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

Al Boarland

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 27, 2017, 08:38:38 pm
Both Carolina and miss state won't beat us.

No clue where all the love for South Carolina is coming from.

Those are both tossups.

ricepig

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 28, 2017, 07:41:44 pm
Those are both tossups.

Cool, any other games you set the lines for?

WayneHawg

I can see why his brother won't talk to him!

TDHawgs

We will beat South Carolina but barely.. got a feeling it will be a close close game.

bennyl08

Quote from: TDHawgs on August 28, 2017, 08:17:56 pm
We will beat South Carolina but barely.. got a feeling it will be a close close game.

It will be our easiest SEC game by a wide margin. TCU game, even at home, should be more challenging.

If we only win that game barely, could be a long season.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

TDHawgs

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 28, 2017, 08:19:05 pm
It will be our easiest SEC game by a wide margin. TCU game, even at home, should be more challenging.

If we only win that game barely, could be a long season.
Well to be honest last year we beat the heck out of Florida and lost to Mizzou.. just got a feeling South Carolina will be ready and won't be as easy as we think.

wikipedia brown

USCe is a sec game, you can never really predict how east west crossover games will go. Everyone thought we would smash missou last year

wikipedia brown

Also, it seems we have done well against traditional east powerhouses as of late and shat the bed against traditional cellar dwellers

Hoggish1

Is there a reason we care about what he says?  Just asking...

LZH

I'm curious as to why his brother won't talk to him....or was that just kidding around.

NuttinItUp

We better beat Texas A&M this year. 6 years is too long...

ChicoHog

Quote from: LZH on August 29, 2017, 05:44:27 am
I'm curious as to why his brother won't talk to him....or was that just kidding around.
It's a family feud issue.  It's much better now that Aaron broke up with Olivia Munn.  She was driving a wedge between him and the rest of his family.  I live in Chico, CA, where they are from and the parents still are here.  Aaron has always been a pretty good guy and very gracious.  Jordan was always more cocky and arrogant.  I coached him in Little league.  My daughter was good friends with his HS girlfriend.  I have only seen him on SEC network a couple of times.  I think he has done a decent job so far.