Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I just knew today was Clemson choke day. Boy was I wrong!
Let's make some waves.

Let's make some waves.

Miami +7 / 2 units
Florida -5 / 2 units
TCU -9 / dime play
Cal +7.5 / 5 units
Let's make some waves.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Boy I gotta stay out of MMQB tonight or I'm gonna get banned again.
Let's make some waves.

Spikes

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 10, 2015, 10:22:55 pm
Boy I gotta stay out of MMQB tonight or I'm gonna get banned again.

Don't do Jeff! You know the mods are just waiting on you!
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

widespreadsooie

2-2 today winning on MIC and K St. Lost on GT and MTSU, bringing me 20-18 YTD. A little disappointed those L's weren't closer. UGA seems to have left the East for FL's taking and I thought our Hogs held their own tonight. Cheers fellas.

SPAL

Another 2-1 Saturday. I guess I'll take hitting 66%, but I sure do wish I could sweep it just once.

3kgthog

A big California howdy to Utah for being the final piece to a massive parlay win before going conservative and blowing up the whole thing. Thanks!

ChicoHog

Went 6-4 yesterday (one losing bet was a parlay).  Not great but over .500.

I was sweating the Hogs +17 at the end.  Thank god for the scramble play to Reed. 

Taking falcons -7, Packers -9 and Bengals -3 today.  Thinking about the Rangers tonight.

Freaking TCU cost me a 7 team parlay yesterday.  Bastards.
Let's make some waves.

Straight bets so far today

Buffalo - 1 / 5 units
Baltimore -6.5 / 2 units
Baltimore Cleveland under 43 / 2 units
Atlanta -6.5 / 2 units
Seattle and Cincy under 43.5 / 2 units
Pats -8.5 / 5 units
Pats Cows over 50 / 2 units
Let's make some waves.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Did not hit much yesterday, but that last TD saved my hogs +17 pick, and hit a $1 Texas / Wash St SU parlay for $50 :)

SPAL

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 11, 2015, 10:46:33 am
Straight bets so far today

Buffalo - 1 / 5 units
Baltimore -6.5 / 2 units
Baltimore Cleveland under 43 / 2 units
Atlanta -6.5 / 2 units
Seattle and Cincy under 43.5 / 2 units
Pats -8.5 / 5 units
Pats Cows over 50 / 2 units

Jeff, as much as I hate to admit it, I tailed you on all these, and it looks like they aren't going to come in at your normal clip, the Will Clinton NFL curse. I can't imagine me making another NFL bet for the rest of my time on this earth.

went 5-5 on the week, overall record to 18-14-4

Broke the streak of pushes, but they went the wrong way to the L column.

Georgia -3.5 (hook) L
SMU +25  W
Washington +17   W
Bowling Green -13   W
OU -14.5   L
Florida -5   W
Michigan -9    W
Mich St -14   L
Oregon -17 L
Utah -8   L

hogsanity

Quote from: hogsanity on October 08, 2015, 10:16:21 am
so far for this week

BG -13 W
ark +16.5 W
OU -16.5 L
BC -7.5 L
fla -4.5 W
ga -2.5 L
clem -7.5 W
tcu-8.5 L
Cal + 6.5 W

isu/tt ov 74.5 W
wsu/or ov 70 W
latech/utsa ov 57 W
cal/utah ov 61 L
wf/bc un 37 W
syr/usf un 48.5 L

1.5 units on each

Went 9-6.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

onebadrubi

First ever middle play and it worked!!!  Yall liked pictures so figured is include one. 

I got absolutely stroked on Saturday, UGA sucker bet cleaned my clock the. Drunk and pissed off played hogs 2h against bama...

I hammered Kuechel on ML and RL today the. Hit a couple nice NFL plays with this middle to make money on the weekend.

DadVader1

The 25-1 trend took a dip down to 60% (6-4), darn it.  This is why I never rely on just one trend in making my final cuts.  Naturally, the 4 games on which I passed went 3-1.  I still ended up having a pretty good weekend going 69% (9-4), next post.  Hopefully, the spreadsheets now have enough data to start getting dialed in and to start showing some consistency.
Quote from: DadVader1 on October 07, 2015, 04:19:11 pm
The trend that was 25-1 ytd as of last week looks a bit questionable this week, with 10 picks.  Don't put too much stock in it.  It likes:

Clemson -7  W
FIU -14  W
Iowa -11  L
Kansas +44  L
Pitt -10.5  L
TN +3  W
Tulsa -9.5  W
UNLV +2.5  W
Utah -7.5  L
W. KY -8.5  W

B/c of injuries, I am staying away from FIU, Kansas, and UNLV.  I'm staying away from TN because they wouldn't take the game that we tried to give to them last week.

DadVader1

Had another pretty good week, going 9-4 for +5 units, making it +8 units ytd.  The last three weeks have been 6-3-1, 6-3, and 9-4, so I'm hoping that the spreadsheets now have enough data to start showing some consistency.  Here's hoping that doesn't invoke the golf/premature trash-talking curse!

Quote from: DadVader1 on October 07, 2015, 04:21:28 pm
Here's what I've done so far this week.  One unit each on:

OK -16.5  L
Iowa -10 (h)  L
Toledo -14 (h)  W
App -15  W
Pitt -10  L
Wash St. +17  W
W. KY -7 (h)  W
Tulsa -9  W
Clemson -6.5  W
Utah -7  L
Boise -16  W
Wis +1.5  W
Utah St. -11.5 W

widespreadsooie

Quote from: DadVader1 on October 12, 2015, 09:42:09 am
Had another pretty good week, going 9-4 for +5 units, making it +8 units ytd.  The last three weeks have been 6-3-1, 6-3, and 9-4, so I'm hoping that the spreadsheets now have enough data to start showing some consistency.  Here's hoping that doesn't invoke the golf/premature trash-talking curse!

Nice week

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: DadVader1 on October 12, 2015, 09:31:56 am
The 25-1 trend took a dip down to 60% (6-4), darn it.  This is why I never rely on just one trend in making my final cuts.  Naturally, the 4 games on which I passed went 3-1.  I still ended up having a pretty good weekend going 69% (9-4), next post.  Hopefully, the spreadsheets now have enough data to start getting dialed in and to start showing some consistency.

Mind if I ask what trend you are looking at there?  Thanks.

DadVader1

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on October 12, 2015, 12:57:22 pm
Mind if I ask what trend you are looking at there?  Thanks.

The trends are all homemade.  I download the data from 50+ power rating systems for free at www.thepredictiontracker.com and download stats from http://stats.ncaa.org/ and use spreadsheets to data mine the crap out of it and to try to figure out the strengths and weaknesses of the different power rating systems and how the strengths and weaknesses of different rating systems overlap.  As an example, Kerns' power rating system is currently hitting at over 56% ats ytd on all fbs-1A games.  On Home Dogs, Kerns' has hit at over 64% ats ytd, and on Road teams with better SU records, Kerns has hit at 69% ats ytd.  A lot of the trends turn out to be garbage.  My challenge is trying to figure out which ones are reasonably reliable and which ones are garbage.

Steelers +4 / 3 units
Over 45.5 / 1 unit.  Think I may have goofed that, but oh well
Let's make some waves.

Junkyard Hog

Already placed a couple of units on Bama -5 for Saturday.

DadVader1

Here's what I've done so far this week, one unit each on:

BYU -6.5
Colo St. +3
EC -10 (h)
GA Tech -3
K State +5
Memph +10.5
OH -3 (h)
SJ St -3
MO +16
Ut -6.5

widespreadsooie

Leans right now:

MIC -8
Vandy +3
A&M +4
BGSU -11.5
Marshall -6.5

DadVader1

Michigan and Marshall show up in a decent number of nice trends, and A&M shows up in a few.  Good luck! 

ChicoHog

I've been riding the toledo bandwagon since they beat us and they have covered every time.  Was also riding the harbaugh bus until I made the mistake of jumping off last week and taking NW and the points.  I'm getting back on this week.  Mich st has not looked good lately and has had quite a few injuries. 

hogsanity

October 15, 2015, 10:54:54 am #8731 Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 08:42:24 am by hogsanity
So far for this week

Cin ML    L
Houston -19 W
Purdue +24 W
old miss -10 ( hook ) L
lsu -9.5 L
tcu-20 W
nd -6.5 W
unlv/fresno ov 52 W
bama.a&m ov 54 W
bc/clem ov 36.5 W
wf/nc un 52 L

Added

Aub/KY un 56 L
KY  un 27 PUSH
Au un 28.5 L
ucla/stan un 56 L

atl -3 L

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

onebadrubi

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 15, 2015, 09:46:05 am
I've been riding the toledo bandwagon since they beat us and they have covered every time.  Was also riding the harbaugh bus until I made the mistake of jumping off last week and taking NW and the points.  I'm getting back on this week.  Mich st has not looked good lately and has had quite a few injuries.

I'm glad to see someone else on Toledo.  I've been laughed at for playing them, but like you said, they've been winning.  I do think this week though they are against a big spread.

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

Quote from: DadVader1 on October 15, 2015, 08:12:19 am
Michigan and Marshall show up in a decent number of nice trends, and A&M shows up in a few.  Good luck! 

May I ask where you look to for these trends?

DadVader1

They are my own, home-grown creations using spreadsheets, the power rating system data that you can download at thepredictiontracker.com and statistical data downloaded from the ncaa site.  I go into a bit more detail a few posts up.   

SPAL

WILL CLINTON

onebadrubi

hogsanity

DadVader1

Quote from: hogsanity on October 15, 2015, 11:10:25 pm
I am just so bad at nfl games.

After a year or three of winning on Saturdays and losing on Sundays, I finally quit playing nfl games.  For a short time, I actually tried to fade myself on nfl picks ... making my picks and then taking the opposite teams.

SPAL

0-4 in my last 4 nfl games....

9-3 last 12 NCAA games.

Pattern identified......

Utah St. +8

Baylor / Dime play
Clemson -16 / 3 units
Bama -3 / 5 units
Notre Dame -4 / 3 units
Louisville +7 / 5 units
Texas Tech -32.5 / 5 units

Possibly more to come

Let's make some waves.

Junkyard Hog

Got a unit on the Boise/UtahSt over 50
Got a unit on Ole Miss -10.5
Got several units on Bama -5

Junkyard Hog

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 16, 2015, 06:53:21 pm

Utah St. +8

Jeez man, you're on fire in NCAA.

I had Houston -20, but just got home from work and traveled all day before, so didn't get to post. Here's the proof.

Here's tomorrow's card:

Mich St +7
Bowling Green -10
Ball St -13
Ole Miss -10

Starting off Saturday 1-1 on the week.

SPAL

jkstock04

I got absolutely smoked last weekend hopefully will do better today.

Florida +7, 5*
USC +7, 5*
OU -4, 4*
OU/K. State over 54, 3*
Oregon +3, 3*
A&M +3.5, 3*
Michigan St +7, 4*
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

widespreadsooie

MIC -7 (Love this)
Vandy ML +104
FL +6.5
A&M +4.5
Bay -20.5 (Jeff prompted me to look into this and really ended up liking it)

yraciv

October 17, 2015, 10:55:50 am #8748 Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 10:30:52 am by yraciv
My top 5 plays today.
Georgia Tech -3 L
A&M +4 L
Clemson -16 W
Louisville +7 L
Mich St/Michi Over 42  W

YTD: 16-12

SPAL

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on October 17, 2015, 12:41:18 am
Jeez man, you're on fire in NCAA.

I had Houston -20, but just got home from work and traveled all day before, so didn't get to post. Here's the proof.

Here's tomorrow's card:

Mich St +7
Bowling Green -10
Ball St -13
Ole Miss -10

Starting off Saturday 1-1 on the week.

I need to tally it up but I'm doing pretty good in college football. Gotta stay away from the pros though, geeze..