Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anderson extension 2.0

Started by Coach V. Slocombe, January 30, 2018, 10:00:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach V. Slocombe

Maybe the powers that be at the UofA will evaluate Anderson again tonight and give him an extension until 2030... ::)
I don't put on the uniform to play the game, I put on the uniform to win the game.   Larry Bird
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.  Vince Lombardi

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Coach V. Slocombe on January 30, 2018, 10:00:40 pm
Maybe the powers that be at the UofA will evaluate Anderson again tonight and give him an extension until 2030... ::)
well thought out thread
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Breems

The extension doesn't mean anything dude.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Coach V. Slocombe

I don't put on the uniform to play the game, I put on the uniform to win the game.   Larry Bird

Coach V. Slocombe

Quote from: Breems on January 30, 2018, 10:03:08 pm
The extension doesn't mean anything dude.
Nah, I wouldn't read anything into it...Just another season where we may make the Tournament and then lose in the first round...lol...great job!

GoHogs1091

This garbage extension for Anderson may become for the new A.D. what the garbage extension for Bielema became for Jeff Long.

Probably one of the main reasons why Long was showed the door was the poor business decision he made regarding a totally unwarranted extension.   

hulk hog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 30, 2018, 10:45:19 pm
This garbage extension for Anderson may become for the new A.D. what the garbage extension for Bielema became for Jeff Long.

Probably one of the main reasons why Long was showed the door was the poor business decision he made regarding a totally unwarranted extension.   
Its a two year extension. I think the buyout is $1M. Sounds like it was in the works when Long was here. Many on here believe Mike is the best we can do and all but one of the remaining games is sold out.  All sets up for the journey to continue like it or not.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

Breems

The 2 extensions aren't even close.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

The_Bionic_Pig

So you want the new AD fired now?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

code red

Quote from: Coach V. Slocombe on January 30, 2018, 10:05:48 pm
Nah, I wouldn't read anything into it...Just another season where we may make the Tournament and then lose in the first round...lol...great job!
Making the tournament with a losing conference record?  Nope.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

riccoar

I believe the incoming AD explained the extension was about recruiting.  For Arkansas to show that we had a coach in place.  His buyout remains the same.  At any time he is let go, we owe $1 million.  Whether today or next season.  I don't believe Anderson is THE GUY, but let's not go full 100% unabashed stupid here.

RazorPiggie

Extension was signed in November right? Before the new AD was here.

ricepig

Quote from: riccoar on January 31, 2018, 06:35:30 am
I believe the incoming AD explained the extension was about recruiting.  For Arkansas to show that we had a coach in place.  His buyout remains the same.  At any time he is let go, we owe $1 million.  Whether today or next season.  I don't believe Anderson is THE GUY, but let's not go full 100% unabashed stupid here.

$1m left for each year left on the contract, it's a cumulative buyout.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/andersoncontract/

riccoar

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2018, 07:21:27 am
$1m left for each year left on the contract, it's a cumulative buyout.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/andersoncontract/

Just read that.  That's not the way it was reported from where I heard it.  I guess they figure what they are paying BB, coming up with another mil a year is pocket change.

ricepig

Quote from: riccoar on January 31, 2018, 07:55:33 am
Just read that.  That's not the way it was reported from where I heard it.  I guess they figure what they are paying BB, coming up with another mil a year is pocket change.

That's because most just repeat what they hear, they don't read the contacts.

riccoar

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2018, 08:02:21 am
That's because most just repeat what they hear, they don't read the contacts.
Well, the guy also is rumored to have a bad haircut.