Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

This ump really hurts us.  We have to groove every pitch and even then it sometimes doesn't work.  Unfortunately we can't hit grooved pitches and LSU can.

TNhawgfan

man these guys have hit the bottom of the barrel for things to talk about
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

jdhogster

Quote from: jfred59 on June 15, 2009, 08:52:04 pm
Like some intelligent fellow told me earlier "It's the way the brackets were set up"  BS...it's to protect LSU and Texass, and make sure that 2 SEC teams dont make the finals and we all know it

I second this^^^^^

rzrbackrob

Good is the enemy of great

jfred59

Someone does need to dust Mitchell,  if nothing else for those horsecrap jokes

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

jdhogster

something needs to happen to build back up the morale.  UVA will have a little pep having had just won a game.....if Ark goes on to lose this, and the score stays the same or worse, it would have to probably take a lot of life out of the Hogs. 

I think DVH needs to get tossed (barring any rules that say he couldn't coach the next game) to spark some of the guys.  Happens in the minors and bigs all the time and sometimes players respond.  Sometimes it doesn't, but at this point we need something big.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Maybe we need to do some reverse superstition..? :/
ched come back pls

Would you rather lose by several or just barely?

Clint Alan

June 15, 2009, 09:08:09 pm #8561 Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 09:09:51 pm by rubmyHOG
bad guy

ground to pitcher

TEAM               1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    R    H    E
Lousiana St       3   1   0   0   0   5   0   0        9    13   0
Arkansas           1   0   0   0   0   0   0             1    7    2

0 runs, 1 hits, 1 walk, 2 men left
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

JIMMY BOARFFETT

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Rsvlhog

Well the good news is all you guys walking around with the summer beards to keep the streak alive can shave tonight.
Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

Razorbacks#1

I think I recall a very good inning in the 8th against FSU. Maybe someone can help me out.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

OK, nine runs in the eight.  didn't we do that against Wash. St.  I know, this isn't Wash. St.

jdhogster

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on June 15, 2009, 09:09:26 pm
I think I recall a very good inning in the 8th against FSU. Maybe someone can help me out.

it's never over until the last pitch

johnnyhawg

hey Rub, how many have we left on base tonite?

clarksville hog

Bad to get shelled, but we've got another game to play, just gotta regroup against non S E C team

Clint Alan

jfred59

Quote from: jdhogster on June 15, 2009, 09:07:30 pm
something needs to happen to build back up the morale.  UVA will have a little pep having had just won a game.....if Ark goes on to lose this, and the score stays the same or worse, it would have to probably take a lot of life out of the Hogs. 

I think DVH needs to get tossed (barring any rules that say he couldn't coach the next game) to spark some of the guys.  Happens in the minors and bigs all the time and sometimes players respond.  Sometimes it doesn't, but at this point we need something big.

I kinda agree but we also have to show some class instead of looking like the Fullerton coach when he didnt get his way Saturday....Hey, it's baseball and sometimes it just happens, bad breaks, bad umps...did I say bad umps

rzrbackrob

Quote from: rubmyHOG on June 15, 2009, 09:03:31 pm
This is tough for me to do man.......

Thanks for the PBP during The Thread. Great ride. Lots of fun.

Clint Alan

jfred59

Thats a good one ...A guy named Oral talking about makeup

Rsvlhog

Quote from: 12247 on June 15, 2009, 09:07:34 pm

I would rather lose by several than to lose like soutern miss did last night.
Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

HogFansReunited

OK, I am back.  Things don't look any better.  We really need to have 2 huge innings but I doubt it will happen.  Really hope to eat crow on this.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Clint Alan

Notice we can make any pitcher look like Kofax in his prime.

oldbear

hog.goblin

Clint Alan

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

chiefsfan

Quote from: 12247 on June 15, 2009, 08:58:49 pm
How about those tired hits into the infield.  Not trying to be a wiseguy but what does Leavitt have that makes him our leadoff hitter?  On base percentage, lightning speed, what????

on base percentage  Very fast,.  Great at taking pitches.  Often is the guy that kickstarts the offense

Sounds like a leadoff hitter to me
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hollywood_HOGan45

where was that when we had the bases loaded?

jfred59

Quote from: 12247 on June 15, 2009, 09:13:18 pm
Notice we can make any pitcher look like Kofax in his prime.

With this Ump, you can count on it

jdhogster

Quote from: jfred59 on June 15, 2009, 09:10:53 pm
I kinda agree but we also have to show some class instead of looking like the Fullerton coach when he didnt get his way Saturday....Hey, it's baseball and sometimes it just happens, bad breaks, bad umps...did I say bad umps

I hear you and I would never want anything to get out of hand, say like the guy who ask the ump to smell his shoe or arm pit or the guy who threw the rossen grenade, but you never know how just a heated verbal conversation could affect the team.   

I am glad that DVH at least got off the bench a couple of times and we had audio on one of the conversations.

Clint Alan

McCANNON

ground to short

TEAM               1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    R    H    E
Lousiana St       3   1   0   0   0   5   0   0         9    13   0
Arkansas           1   0   0   0   0   0   0   0         1    8    2

0 runs, 1 hits, 1 men left

HogFansReunited

Well, if we can put a few runs up now we might have some type of chance in the 9th
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

SRFL

johnnyhawg

K zone should be growing.....get this over with

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

hawgsav1

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

rzrbackrob

To beat LSU, a team has to beat them because they don't beat themselves.

Clint Alan

We just have to brush this one off, and take care of UVA on Wednesday

HogFansReunited

Never mind, got to hope a miracle happens in the 9th now.

Member #3568

Clint Alan

olivebranchhog

Quote from: 12247 on June 15, 2009, 09:07:34 pm

I would rather be competitive.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

oldbear

All DVH has to do is quietly walk up to the ump and say c***s***er and he gets to take an early shower.

Remember the famous cry, "wait till next year"  At least we get another shot soon.

jdhogster

bad umps + bad night at the plate = bad night for our team

I don't know about you guys, but Darr seemed to be our good luck guy (especially with the FSU SR) and when VH lifted him for a PH, I scratched my head.  Not saying that was the main reason for tonight's performance, but hey, don't mess with the mojo.