Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

And here's another weird one

Started by Biggus Piggus, May 24, 2016, 09:08:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBreath

Quote from: GuvHog on May 29, 2016, 02:24:33 pm
No I'm not. The Hogs can't go on losing big time instate recruits like that and consistently compete for titles. I like that we're getting talented JUCO players but going too heavily to the JUCO route can really hurt a program. Stan Heath did that and he left Pel with a royal mess in his second year.
Yeah, I recall ole Heath catching mega grief for his out of balance classes, but CMA has managed to escape on that one.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HoopS

Quote from: HogBreath on May 29, 2016, 07:17:01 pm
Yeah, I recall ole Heath catching mega grief for his out of balance classes, but CMA has managed to escape on that one.
plenty of folks have been critical of MA and most every thing he does. May or may not be the same ones who did that to past coaches. They all get criticized here.

lynbug

Well, it seems that we have pretty much analyzed the current and incoming players six ways to Sunday (as much as that's possible).  However, there's one thing that we will know NOTHING about until December or January and that's the team chemistry.  If we have one or two jealous, selfish players they can short-circuit everyone's best laid plans.  Let's hope that MA is observing and focusing on this the next six months. And since we don't know much about the personalities of the incoming players we'll just have to wait till they get in a game situation.  We've had one or two just about every year.  No reason to think this year will be different.  And I'm not trying to be pessimistic....just realistic. :-\ :-\ :-\

GuvHog

Quote from: HogBreath on May 29, 2016, 07:17:01 pm

That's true, he's done well in that area so far..
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The Hogfather

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 24, 2016, 12:37:42 pm
In his last 10 games this season, KeVaughn Allen had three good, two mediocre, and five bad offensive performances. Anointing him first-team all-SEC is premature. I mean, he did nothing to come close to Dusty Hannahs' performance. Nothing.

I like J.J. Frazier (Georgia), Tyler Davis (Texas A&M), Dusty Hannahs and Moses Kingsley (Good Guys), Jeff Roberson and Matthew Fisher-Davis (Vanderbilt), Sindarius Thornwell (South Carolina), Antonio Blakeney (LSU), Quinndary Weatherspoon (M-State), among the top returning players in the SEC.

Kentucky could have a couple to add, if they back out of the draft.

If KeVaughn Allen ends up as all-SEC this season, I won't post for a year.  As you said, Allen was as sporadic as they come last season and relied on a very high shot volume to make him "successful".  These teams, however, are highly skewed towards scoring, regardless of how many shots it takes to get there.  I'll take my chances.

Jonteviosk

Quote from: GuvHog on May 29, 2016, 02:18:23 pm
There is absolutely no excuse for the staff not landing Monk. He isn't the first big time recruit that this stiff let slip right out from under their noses.

Great another CaptainMorgan and 3K Wannabe fan who doesn't know anything about basketball. We lost Monk not because of CMA but his traitor brother wanted to have a career at Kentucky witH UK One and dones.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

HoopS

Quote from: Jonteviosk on May 30, 2016, 10:45:45 pm
Great another CaptainMorgan and 3K Wannabe fan who doesn't know anything about basketball. We lost Monk not because of CMA but his traitor brother wanted to have a career at Kentucky witH UK One and dones.
does not matter to that poster. He never wanted Mike hired. He love Houston Nutt though.

GuvHog

Quote from: HoopS on May 31, 2016, 10:48:45 am
does not matter to that poster. He never wanted Mike hired. He love Houston Nutt though.

Mike wasn't my first choice and no, I do not like Houston Nutt.

HoopS

Quote from: GuvHog on May 31, 2016, 12:27:15 pm
Mike wasn't my first choice and no, I do not like Houston Nutt.
he wasn't my first choice either. But he gets my support. For now.

HogBreath

Quote from: HoopS on May 31, 2016, 12:43:16 pm
he wasn't my first choice either. But he gets my support. For now.
Oh..the dreaded vote of confidence.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HoopS

Quote from: HogBreath on May 31, 2016, 08:06:35 pm
Oh..the dreaded vote of confidence.
yep. He better not become unacceptable or eltz.

HogBreath

I just went back and reread the article, that got this thread started, that dude/chick... whatever...picked us 8th in te SEC, but here's the interesting part, they said on paper, we had top 4 talent, that's a real slap in the face to CMA.

HoopS

Quote from: HogBreath on May 31, 2016, 08:28:23 pm
I just went back and reread the article, that got this thread started, that dude/chick... whatever...picked us 8th in te SEC, but here's the interesting part, they said on paper, we had top 4 talent, that's a real slap in the face to CMA.
sure was. I guess we will see.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: HogBreath on May 31, 2016, 08:28:23 pm

I agree.  This is the way some writers view Mike's ability to coach whether we like it or not.  I don't know if Mike is a top 5 SEC coach but he will not do it without good players. I also do not know if we have top 5 SEC talent or not but it takes talent to win in any conference.  My biggest complaint about Mike is his inconsistency in recruiting.  He needs to have several good classes in a row and to recruit his type of players.  If he does this it will help him be a better coach. 

HoopS

And some writers don't know squat.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: GuvHog on May 29, 2016, 03:23:29 pm
Excuses, Excuses. The Hogs still can't afford to lose in state players like those. It's hard enough to get big time players from out of state as it is. When they start losing some
inside the state it makes matters even worse.

Wait, so some fans are still hung up on players committed elsewhere even though we finally have some talent coming in?
Typical.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on June 01, 2016, 06:16:43 am
Wait, so some fans are still hung up on players committed elsewhere even though we finally have some talent coming in?
Typical.

I agree the Hogs do have some talent coming in and I hope they do very well this season. Whether the talent coming in is on the same level with the 2 the Hogs lost (Monk and Kevaughn Allen) remains to be seen.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: GuvHog on June 01, 2016, 09:24:21 am
I agree the Hogs do have some talent coming in and I hope they do very well this season. Whether the talent coming in is on the same level with the 2 the Hogs lost (Monk and Kevaughn Allen) remains to be seen.

Gonna be fun going against Monk and Allen when we play the Kitties and the Haters. I will be watching those two guys the whole game. I thought we played Allen pretty well both games just didn't win though. Can't wait to get Florida in the Bud.

As to the slap in the face by the lightweight writer, we finished tied for 8th in the league with a severely limited roster last season. Now we are supposed to finish 8th with a much more talented roster? As Whitney would say, "crack is wack".

root_hawg

The recruiting for the SEC has been much better in the last 2 years as well.

batmanfan

Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

HogBreath

It's probably just me, but for a little while there, I had thought this thread title was an introduction to either Jonteviosk or GMarv.