Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Look at this SEC preview from Kentuckyland

Started by Biggus Piggus, May 23, 2016, 01:05:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2016/5/23/11686304/kentucky-basketball-schedule-sec-2016-17-season

"The Arkansas Razorbacks are next, as Mike Anderson's team brings in a few recruits, the highest-rated being the three-star prospect Brachen Hazen. The Razorbacks finished at exactly 16-16 last season, and without a notable recruiting class coming in their result against Kentucky isn't likely to be better than it was last season. Even if it's away from Rupp, the Razorback faithful probably won't be enough to hand Kentucky a loss."

W-T-F? Hazen is the Hogs' top recruit in this class? They hardly even tried to get this right.
[CENSORED]!

HoopS

Sounds like a few of our posters filled them in on our horrible recruiting.

Barford and Macon? Meh.

Atlhogfan1

http://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/8/class/2016

Skimming the column, they used this for their recruiting research which led them to ignore the JC signees which of course is a huge miss when discussing our possibilities for next season. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

gmarv

let em say what they will their gonna leave the bud with a loss this year.

Jackrabbit Hog

That read like it was written by John Calipari, hoping that Mike Anderson would read it.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

HogBreath

I wouldn't poke the Bear, er bear rassler, if I was Calipari.  Apparently Kaintuck didn't get the memo about how good we're gonna be next year.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: gmarv on May 23, 2016, 02:13:30 pm

Need to post this article all around the practice facility

nwahogfan1

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 24, 2016, 08:27:13 am
Need to post this article all around the practice facility

Much more favorable than the other SEC report which placed us finishing 8th in the SEC.    I think if CMA coaches our team to 2nd place finish in the SEC he deserves to be selected as SEC coach of the year and maybe National coach of the year if he can lead us to a elite 8 or better.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 24, 2016, 10:38:04 am
Much more favorable than the other SEC report which placed us finishing 8th in the SEC.    I think if CMA coaches our team to 2nd place finish in the SEC he deserves to be selected as SEC coach of the year and maybe National coach of the year if he can lead us to a elite 8 or better.

From 16-16 to elite 8 or better? This would be a no brainer top candidate for coach of the year. Heck, the team might even be in the running for sportsman of the year.

010HogFan

Quote from: gmarv on May 23, 2016, 02:13:30 pm

I thought we didn't play them in Bud Walton this year? That's what everyone has been saying ever since Malik committed to them anyway...

FineAsSwine

Quote from: 010HogFan on May 24, 2016, 10:49:40 am
I thought we didn't play them in Bud Walton this year? That's what everyone has been saying ever since Malik committed to them anyway...

Thought the same. Maybe we get 'em in a home and home?

gmarv

Quote from: 010HogFan on May 24, 2016, 10:49:40 am
well crap, then I guess their butt whipping will have to be at their house then .

hogwood

Quote from: gmarv on May 24, 2016, 11:36:48 am
well crap, then I guess their butt whipping will have to be at their house then .

Yeah we only play them once a year now and this year it will be at Rupp. Monk lucked out.

gmarv

Quote from: hogwood on May 24, 2016, 02:02:32 pm
Yeah we only play them once a year now and this year it will be at Rupp. Monk lucked out.
yes he did.

cityhog

I'm trying to recall the last JuCo player who made a real impact in year one at AR. Now year 2 is a different story. I think  waaaaaay to many of our hopes are resting in the hands of these 2 jucos.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: cityhog on May 24, 2016, 03:10:27 pm
I'm trying to recall the last JuCo player who made a real impact in year one at AR. Now year 2 is a different story. I think  waaaaaay to many of our hopes are resting in the hands of these 2 jucos.

Not like roster management or recruiting has left much other choice.  Hannahs and Kingsley will do more than help.  And it doesn't take much in this conference especially with the right conference schedule to win a lot of games. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

King Kong

Quote from: cityhog on May 24, 2016, 03:10:27 pm

Sonny Weems was last first year major impact player. He was also the #1 overall Juco recruit like Barford is.

I expect stuggles for Macon and Cook. But Barford is legit 10-15 pts and a starter from day one IMO

FraggleHog

Our greatest recruiting success was Moses Kingsley returning for this season.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

HoopS

The good news is that we have 3 highly rated JUCO's. I agree that you usually see an adjustment year but when you have 3 and all appear to be high level, your early hit rate has a good chance. Better than what you'd normally expect. And we have two returning scorers to take some pressure off.

King Kong

May 25, 2016, 10:07:43 am #19 Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 04:09:01 pm by King Kong
Quote from: FraggleHog on May 25, 2016, 09:48:39 am

Agreed. Returning what IMO was our 2 best players last year in Hannahs and Moses is huge.

Hopefully, Macon and Barford shoot well enough to prevent teams from using Zone against us. Bell's shooting threat prevented teams from overloading Moses and Dusty by giving us Ideal spacing

gmarv

Quote from: FraggleHog on May 25, 2016, 09:48:39 am
that was definitely huge for us.