Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All The Stars are Aligned

Started by Porked Tongue, May 09, 2016, 05:17:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Pork Twain on May 10, 2016, 06:09:19 am
I am officially excited about next year.  Also very much apprehensive, as I think I have let myself become excited about next year for the last 4.
Pork, you're my boy and all, but this seems like a stretch. You got excited before 14-15' and felt burned by only getting 27 wins? And you were excited heading into 15-16' in spite of the disastrous off season? I find that very hard to believe.

pignparadise

Quote from: root_hawg on May 09, 2016, 08:46:54 pm
I will take a wait and see, never been real high on JUCos
Larry Johnson, Almer Lee, Lenzie Howell, Ron Brewer, Alvin Roberson, Martin Terry, Sonny Weems, Darrell Walker, Corey Beck were all jucos.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

HogBreath

Quote from: pignparadise on May 10, 2016, 09:19:21 pm
Larry Johnson, Almer Lee, Lenzie Howell, Ron Brewer, Alvin Roberson, Martin Terry, Sonny Weems, Darrell Walker, Corey Beck were all jucos.
That's 9 over the last 50-60 years...lol.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Porked Tongue

At one time, it was structured.  Guys like Brewer went one year to get elgible at Westark then came for the rest of their careers.

This type JUCO is arguably different.

lynbug

Quote from: Porked Tongue on May 09, 2016, 05:17:24 pm
Moses back.
JUCO studs.

Mike has a real shot next year of returning us to measurable success.

In a way, the pressure is now on him even more.  He'll have a full squad with moveable parts.

Refresh my memory as to why you feel confident that these jucos will make an immediate impact.  Our team will certainly be top heavy (jrs. and srs.).  Sure hope Scotty (or someone) is thinking about 2018 so we won't have to repeat past mistakes.  Hopefully I'm just getting way ahead of next year's game.  I guess I'll just focus on and wait for November 2016. 

Porked Tongue

Quote from: lynbug on May 10, 2016, 09:58:00 pm
Refresh my memory as to why you feel confident that these jucos will make an immediate impact.  Our team will certainly be top heavy (jrs. and srs.).  Sure hope Scotty (or someone) is thinking about 2018 so we won't have to repeat past mistakes.
I"m not sure that I have made that statement.

I did say I think one of them will be a major player for us.

That post basically was saying Anderson has a full team and essentially a complete squad.    It's on him now more than ever.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: HogBreath on May 10, 2016, 09:34:07 pm
That's 9 over the last 50-60 years...lol.

50-60 years, WTH?

Antonio Gates was a juco. Derek Hood. And...

Nate Archibald, Mookie Blaylock, Freddie Brown, Jimmy Butler, Sam Cassell, Ced Ceballos, Steve Francis, Mark Eaton, Artist Gilmore, Ricky Green, Spencer Haywood, Lionel Hollins, Dennis Johnson, Larry Kenon, Shawn Marion, Bob McAdoo, Ricky Pierce, Mitch Richmond, Dennis Rodman, Latrell Sprewell, John Starks, Nick Van Exel, Ben Wallace, Sidney Wicks.
[CENSORED]!

cpohog

Quote from: root_hawg on May 09, 2016, 08:46:54 pm
I will take a wait and see, never been real high on JUCos

Darrell Walker and Alvin Robertson ring a bell????

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 09, 2016, 05:24:53 pm
Moses is back!! 16 points and 10 boards are coming back!!!

The fans that hate Mike Anderson could be having a rough season.

I don't think anyone hates Mike on this board. Why should we?  He seems like a very likeable guy. 

But we are tired of losing so we express our selves in words. We are passionate about our team and the Arkansas brand.  We know we can be much better than what it has been the last 20 years and want it to be better. 

So do not get mixed up on hate for a coach and hate for his results.  Big, big difference. 

HogBreath

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on May 10, 2016, 10:40:30 pm
50-60 years, WTH?

Antonio Gates was a juco. Derek Hood. And...

Nate Archibald, Mookie Blaylock, Freddie Brown, Jimmy Butler, Sam Cassell, Ced Ceballos, Steve Francis, Mark Eaton, Artist Gilmore, Ricky Green, Spencer Haywood, Lionel Hollins, Dennis Johnson, Larry Kenon, Shawn Marion, Bob McAdoo, Ricky Pierce, Mitch Richmond, Dennis Rodman, Latrell Sprewell, John Starks, Nick Van Exel, Ben Wallace, Sidney Wicks.
Derek Hood?  WTH??  Better brush up on your Razorback history.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Pork Twain

May 11, 2016, 06:56:35 am #60 Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 07:57:24 am by Pork Twain
Quote from: BBsTheMan on May 10, 2016, 07:26:04 pm
Pork, you're my boy and all, but this seems like a stretch. You got excited before 14-15' and felt burned by only getting 27 wins? And you were excited heading into 15-16' in spite of the disastrous off season? I find that very hard to believe.
I have felt burned by repeated recruiting failures and an inability to hold onto players.  I think I have been VERY clear about where I think MA has come up short.  We have a good class coming in and most of our talent returning. 

Instead of bringing this up though, why not just let me climb back on the wagon and try to have faith it will all work out this year.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

AWHAWG

The_Iceman

Quote from: HogBreath on May 11, 2016, 06:26:15 am
Derek Hood?  WTH??  Better brush up on your Razorback history.

I didn't know our McDonald's All American forward from the 90's went to Juco first.

HogBreath

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 11, 2016, 09:03:33 am
I didn't know our McDonald's All American forward from the 90's went to Juco first.
Yeah, that was the first I had heard of that also.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: BBsTheMan on May 10, 2016, 12:49:46 am
And remind me who said they were going to match their stats?

I've seen someone say not to sleep on Macon and have seen others say Barford will be a good player. Neither of those sentiments suggest they will matching their stats.

I actually dm that guy every day and tell him that our incoming jucos will match their stats from juco.

It's instinctual for me

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Pork Twain on May 11, 2016, 06:56:35 am
I have felt burned by repeated recruiting failures and an inability to hold onto players.  I think I have been VERY clear about where I think MA has come up short.  We have a good class coming in and most of our talent returning. 

Instead of bringing this up though, why not just let me climb back on the wagon and try to have faith it will all work out this year.
I thought excited for the season meant excited for the potential w/l results, but I guess you are different than the rest of the world in that regard.

Either way, welcome back on the wagon, there is still plenty of room if others want to hop on as well.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 11, 2016, 06:42:52 pm
I actually dm that guy every day and tell him that our incoming jucos will match their stats from juco.

It's instinctual for me
LOL, I'd bet dollars to donuts he reads them all, too

Pork Twain

May 12, 2016, 06:40:30 am #67 Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 11:31:28 am by Pork Twain
Quote from: BBsTheMan on May 11, 2016, 07:19:53 pm
I thought excited for the season meant excited for the potential w/l results, but I guess you are different than the rest of the world in that regard.

Either way, welcome back on the wagon, there is still plenty of room if others want to hop on as well.
I am excited about next year...  Meaning IF everyone shows up and none of these recruits fail to make it and nobody gets in trouble, we have a good shot to have a great year.  If you only look forward to the games and pay no attention to recruiting and transfers, then it is you that is in the minority and up to this point that has been the biggest knock on MA.  This is MA's first class here that looks like it is full of players that can play in this system and Moses is coming back.

Maybe there is a new road ahead of us and I really hope that is the case.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/